• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union Electrician Local# 163

Master Electrician PA & DE

Level II Thermographer

2nd Year Apprentice part time instructor

Ton of other certs to go along with it:)

Basically preventive maitenance with high tech tools:)

I did electrical work for quite a few years. Mostly residential. Some commercial and a little industrial. Got zapped too many times!

I am a retired "old school" hacker/computer network/security/hardware guru. 1981. no, im not old, I just dont want to do that trade anymore. I was untouchable in it before I left. I still am. I am happy to share any knowledge I can with the people that deserve it, which is all of you. It is a privledge to work for you, and I will and have, done it for free. It is truely an honor.

I currently build/fix/repair/remodel residential homes/construction, for myself.

I do everything from drainage of the site, to custom cabinetry, to the glass block in your foyer and bathroom. I answer to noone, except the contract, and I am from the old timer thing of "give 110%". you ALWAYS do a little more, for free, and you will always get the word of mouth references, because of that. ALL of my work is done 100% perfect. I accept nothing less, and I dont force my customers to do anything but that. no fuckin way. it aint how its done. hire a mexican if you want a shit job.

racegirl might appreciate this: I get electrocuted on EVERY job. it is a requirement, I think. its gotta be done, and the sooner, the better. the renovation I started this week, I made it two days into it, and I was zapped pretty good. now that that is over, I can focus on rewiring stuff, moving walls, blah blah, and its all GOOD! hahah. every fuckin job, gotta be done. BBZZZZZZZZZZZZZT

R-E-T-I-R-E-D

Find out what it means to me

R-E-T-I-R-E-D

take out -

Not a damn thing!!

It's all mine!!

I earned it!

43 years of hard work and now I can do what I want to do

however, my body, mind and soul are in the shop for an overhaul.

griz, my hat is off to you. that is not a common thing to do, nor is it easy in any way shape or form. you have many kudos from me. 43 years. god damn. that is NOT easy to do or say. you have some serious respect from me.

I am a retired "old school" hacker/computer network/security/hardware guru. 1981. no, im not old, I just dont want to do that trade anymore. I was untouchable in it before I left. I still am. I am happy to share any knowledge I can with the people that deserve it, which is all of you. It is a privledge to work for you, and I will and have, done it for free. It is truely an honor.

I currently build/fix/repair/remodel residential homes/construction, for myself.

I do everything from drainage of the site, to custom cabinetry, to the glass block in your foyer and bathroom. I answer to noone, except the contract, and I am from the old timer thing of "give 110%". you ALWAYS do a little more, for free, and you will always get the word of mouth references, because of that. ALL of my work is done 100% perfect. I accept nothing less, and I dont force my customers to do anything but that. no fuckin way. it aint how its done. hire a mexican if you want a shit job.

racegirl might appreciate this: I get electrocuted on EVERY job. it is a requirement, I think. its gotta be done, and the sooner, the better. the renovation I started this week, I made it two days into it, and I was zapped pretty good. now that that is over, I can focus on rewiring stuff, moving walls, blah blah, and its all GOOD! hahah. every fuckin job, gotta be done. BBZZZZZZZZZZZZZT

Yeah, I hear ya! Been zapped more times than I care to think about. I got zapped because my ex put a lighting circuit on a 20 amp breaker when I should have been on a 15 amp breaker. Cutting all the 15 amp breakers off to put the switch in won't do a whole hell of alot of good that way! I got zapped wiring a dishwasher. I had cut the main off but some dipshit working in the house next door decided he would cut the main back on without checking why it was off. I was some kinda pissed on that one. That guy got to meet the redneck side of me. But the last straw was when we were replacing two prong plugs for three prong plugs in an older house. I swear I checked to be sure that circuit was off but boy, was I wrong. Got hooked. Felt like it was 10 minutes but it was more like 10-15 seconds. The worst part is my oldest son, who was about 10 at the time, started walking towards me. My worst nightmare. Thankfully I fell away before he could get close enough to touch me. But I haven't done any electrical work since. Well, I changed the plugs where I'm living now but that's different.

Power Plant Operator (boilers etc.) at Cigar factory that makes around 10 million cigars a day.....Damn, thats a lot of smoke (lol). I am also a single father of twin 8 year old daughters. Have a fetish for customizing guns and actually trying to figure out how to build the vz 58.

My wife says I am a 'renaisance' man... Did 4 years in the ministry, another 4 in law enforcement, 15 years as a soldier in the United States Army (think "3rd Armored Bde, 3rd AD"... think "1/36 Inf"... think "Have a Spearhead Day, Sir!"). Hoo-ah!

Then 4 years with Big bend Community College as a military small arms instructor and now 16 years in retail.

That's me.

I work at a bank, full time. I also manage the "office" stuff for our home Screen Print business. And of course, all the normal house work stuff. Also a volunteer Teen (youth) Group Leader and Sunday School (teens) Teacher. And I have to be a "mom" to Juggernaut and my 17 year old step-son. :rolleyes:

Cubicle trog...

I work in the power protection industry.

I test embedded firmware, software and some hardware.

Formerly I was a sub-contractor for a general contractor, I've held apprenticeships in Commercial Electrical, Plumbing, Pipe and Firesprinkler fitting (Screwing, Gluing & Laying pipe was our motto)... what can I say, my family and relatives have been in Construction Trades...

So far father of two, one or maybe two on the way in November...

Super stud to this lovely lady:

JJ.jpg

YES, that is my wife...

Pictures of me being a DORK...

MD.jpg

I have done all kinds of crap

- fast food

- construction (few years)

- hardware store ( I hated that place the smell makes me sick)

- I worked on a commercial fishing boat last year ( scallops, outside of Ocean City MD)

- Now I work with people who have developmental disabilities

I was going to school for engineering but that was put on hold so I could pay off some bills, I will start back up in a year or so. I would like to be a professor and build custom rifles in the end

Level II Thermographer

Glad to see that there are a few of us representing...

Presently Electrical foreman IBEW Local #3, midtown Manhattan, NY (12 years)

Laid off Electronics Mechanic IBEW Local #261,Electric Boat, General Dynamics,

Los Angeles Class SSN 703, 706, 750,

688I (Improved LA class) 751,752, 754, 755, 757, 760, 761, 762, 763, 768, 771

Ohio Class SSBN 740, 741, 742

Seawolf Class SSN 21

Level II Thermographer

Seawolf Class SSN 21

so where in upstate do you live... love the shotty

Level II Thermographer

Seawolf Class SSN 21

so where in upstate do you live... love the shotty

Hudson Valley, Newburgh side. Davis Indoor 100yd Range, Goshen Skeet shooting at Walden Sportsmen Club with a friend. Thanks, S-20