FBMG Mag frustration

I'm having trouble with my FBMG mags.

I got in on the pre-order and recieved my mags before most people on the forum reported that they got them, but I didn't have a chance to try them out until much later. I went to the range a few weeks ago to try them out. This was also my first time shooting the Saiga 308 since I got it. The factory 8 rounder fed with no problem at all. The first FBMG mag fed all 20 with no problem. The second FBMG mag, I could only fire one or two rounds before it would fail to feed. When I would try to manually feed, sometimes it would work, and sometimes I could only pull the bolt back about half way before it would just stop. Anytime this happened, the round that wasn't feeding would have scratch marks on the top of it. It did the same thing with the third mag and again with the first mag (the one that had fed properly) when I tried it a second time.

I'm assuming that the problem is with the mags, but since I really don't know much about the AK design, I suppose it could be a problem with the rifle and I wouldn't really know it. But the fact that the 8 rounder feeds with no problem kind of leads me to believe it's the FBMG mags. Is it possible that I got one of the beta mags without all the kinks worked out? I sent two emails to FBMG in the last two weeks via the form on their website but have received no replies. This is pretty disappointing to me since everyone has reported such good customer service and the way they kept everyone updated about the progress of the mags made me feel good about them as a company. Anyone got any ideas??

-chris

I'm still missing an .308 8 round mag from them after they mistakenly sent me a 12 gauge mag which I returned to them and they received Dec. 30th. They've told me twice now that they would get it right out but looks like I will have to call my credit card to recover anything as the 60 day period I can get a chargeback will be up in about a week and I'm not going to get screwed by another online vendor. I'll still be out the return priority shipping for the 12 gauge mag they sent me. This is the second time I have been burned by a vendor in the last 2 months. Not to mention Cheaper than Dirt that charged me for 500 rounds of .308 they don't even have. Whatever happened to customer service?

Edited by Mak
I'm still missing an .308 8 round mag from them after they mistakenly sent me a 12 gauge mag which I returned to them and they received Dec. 30th. They've told me twice now that they would get it right out but looks like I will have to call my credit card to recover anything as the 60 day period I can get a chargeback will be up in about a week and I'm not going to get screwed by another online vendor. I'll still be out the return priority shipping for the 12 gauge mag they sent me. This is the second time I have been burned by a vendor in the last 2 months. Not to mention Cheaper than Dirt that charged me for 500 rounds of .308 they don't even have. Whatever happened to customer service?

Customer service? :lolol: Don't you know you're supposed to :cryss: at Gomer's feet? FBMG thinks you should feel honored that such greatness even noticed your lowly ass long enough to charge your card.

I ordered my mags in June, number 2 on the preorder list, and still don't have them. I think i'm probably the last person from the preorder to still be lacking them. There was an unfortunate misunderstanding regarding a mailing address change, and i'm still waiting for it to be resolved. I've been in contact with FBMG, and they've been quite helpful and have assured me they'll get them out asap and make it worth my trouble. I've just been a bit unlucky with this whole Saiga mag experience. I won't hesitate to purchase anything from FBMG in the future, but I probably will rethink doing a preorder again.

I called them about my order - I think they are waiting for some followers or something - expect to ship this week - if memory serves.

I do agree that they need to brush up on the communication, but otherwise I'm very happy to have the 20 rounders available.

Try disasembling and cleaning the mag. Slide the follower up and down without spring or floorplate to see where it binds. I also used spray dry silicone lube in the track part. I do this to all plastic mags before use.

My 20rd mags worked flawlessly.

Mak, first of all, your mag was sent out last week before we went out to a show. I will track it and contact you with where it is.

As for the other mags issue, just call. Our spam filter is set at max due to the amount of junk we are getting. Stuff is not getting thru. But why don't you ring us between 10 and 6 MST? I will be happy to get you new mags.

And dewhinner is just pissed because we would not kiss his ass, and he didn't bother to call us and let us know there was a issue. So he did not get the free mags that everyone else that were caught up in my mistake did. In case you have not noticed, nobody cares dude. Get over it.

We were waiting n new base plates and today we got all of the mags assembled and shipped for the orders recieved from SHOT to present.

If anyone has a problem with the mag, delivery or anything else, just call and ask. If we dropped the ball, we will make it right (except for dewhinner) and if the mags dont work, we will replace them straight away.

And dewhinner is just pissed because we would not kiss his ass, and he didn't bother to call us and let us know there was a issue. So he did not get the free mags that everyone else that were caught up in my mistake did. In case you have not noticed, nobody cares dude. Get over it.

If anyone has a problem with the mag, delivery or anything else, just call and ask. If we dropped the ball, we will make it right (except for dewhinner) and if the mags dont work, we will replace them straight away.

Woot!!!! Here we go again!!!

/Verm grabs his popcorn and waits anxiously for the show to start. I do love a good show!!!!!!!!!!

Woot!!!! Here we go again!!!

/Verm grabs his popcorn and waits anxiously for the show to start. I do love a good show!!!!!!!!!!

There won't be a show, just know that I never wanted Gomer to kiss my ass, just hold up his end of the deal and stop lying to me. That was far beyond his ability... especially the lying part.

Also there would be no free mags for anyone had I not called these punks to the carpet on their dishonest behavior.

Gomer I don't need a free mag. I can afford to pay for everythhing I need. But I'm glad I was able to school you on customer service. Lesson Two: Follow you own advice and let it go yourself. Everytime you try to defend your indefensible behavior it is illuminated once again. There's an old saying.... better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool then to open it and remove all doubt. Stop removing the doubt Gomer.

Edited by DaGroaner
There it is folks, a reply with class.

Draw you own conclusions about bad manners and speach.

If he is representative of the members of this forum, I will go elsewhere.

I'm sure everyone will really miss your <one post per month not counting the two in this thread TROLL. :lolol:

Funny how you people only come out when Gomer is trying to squelch well-earned negative feedback through denial, public condescension towards a former customer, attempted intimidation and lies - I did contact FBMG regarding my problem and was given a canned response that didn't even respond to the logical reason that I gave for my concern and I was later vindicated as my mags were in FACT not shipped(at which point the USPS predictably became the bad guy) even while they were telling everyone on this forum that they were. DUH!! All they had to do was LISTEN instead reflexively and OFFENSIVELY respond to a legitimate concern turned complaint to save face and they would have found their error long before they shot off their big mouths on this forum instead of after. There are other people who have had similar problems with Gomer and Goober where they seem to respond with a canned response rather than INVESTIGATE and ADDRESS the INDIVIDUAL problem.

One question, what drives you to stick your nose into what would seem to be none of your concern? Or do you have a personal interest in this situation that you are concealing? :ph34r:

ETA: Scroll through the feedback threads for my handle and FBMG and you will see a definite pattern develop. I'll leave it to you to interpret on your own. I wonder if you'll be able to see what should be OBVIOUS. Somehow I doubt it. Also as far as me letting it go goes... you will notice that I have NOT brought this up and only replied to another poster's criticism based upon my personal experience. That is what people do on forums such as this. Gomer's need to respond to these conversations with such a heavy hand should also speak for itself but I doubt you hear that good either. Another fact that you have missed is that this forum is here precisely for the purpose of allowing Saiga lovers to talk about and show off our guns and discuss our experiences with them including experiences with the various vendors we deal with. Almost ALL of us are here for that intended purpose, Gomer on the otherhand is here ONLY to shill his product... which appears to be your purpose here as well.

Edited by DaGroaner

Ya know, its funny... Vermiform mentioned grabbing popcorn for the show...

I WAS ALREADY Eating a bag of it... when it started.. I guess I had the best seat in the house... :up: :up:

I got a big chuckle...

and umm... let me scroll down and see who you were again, here... OK... Turkmcl....

No, hes not... no worries... although I think it VERY BAD form for your 4th post to be in HUGE capital letters wanting to BAN someone... I dont think you have hung out around here long enough to be doing my job... :lol: LOL

It will take a lot more than a little bit of whining and bitching for someone to get banned here... go re-read all the mcuzi posts, Turkmcl... you can see someone that got banned in real action, there!! :lol::up:

Just relax... this whole shitstorm will blow over in a few more posts... and then it will be back to humdrum normal...

Personally I ENJOY these threads purely for the deliverance from mundane and blah... to something worth reading... for a good humored chuckle, that is...

Everyone here is an adult... they can work out their problems as adults... if not... Oh well, I am NOT a baysitter.

:smoke:

No, hes not... no worries... although I think it VERY BAD form for your 4th post to be in HUGE capital letters wanting to BAN someone... I dont think you have hung out around here long enough to be doing my job... :lol: LOL

It will take a lot more than a little bit of whining and bitching for someone to get banned here... go re-read all the mcuzi posts, Turkmcl... you can see someone that got banned in real action, there!! :lol::up:

Just relax... this whole shitstorm will blow over in a few more posts... and then it will be back to humdrum normal...

Personally I ENJOY these threads purely for the deliverance from mundane and blah... to something worth reading... for a good humored chuckle, that is...

Everyone here is an adult... they can work out their problems as adults... if not... Oh well, I am NOT a baysitter.

:smoke:

FWIW, I agree. :NO::bann:

Congratulations to IndyArms for remaining calm amidst all the bitching. I do not agree with some of the language being used and some of the exaggerated statements, but the man is doing no real harm (to others). I was banned for life from a Cetme forum for disagreeing with the forum founder, whose claims about the rifle went far beyond his pay grade and rank. (Of course, I sneaked back in when it suited me.)

Monomonk

You shouldn't have any problems at this point in time allanschisel. I ordered mags in mid-June and received them the beginning of this month. With a new product rollout, my order (one of the first) got lost in the shuffle. Communication was not great but I did get hooked up with extras to fix the oversight. They'll deliver. If you've got a problem, call during business hours don't e-mail/PM. Though my wait was frustrating, I believe they'll fix any problems and ultimately make it right.

Edited by USpride

Those that are critical of FBMG need to try and start and run a business.

I am in the process of start up of mine right now (shameless plug now) http://www.armory-alchemy.com

I had planned on having my product ready to ship mid-January. But due to my fabricator running into a supply issue, they have been delayed. The dies are sitting ready to go and the first run using a specific steel had cracking problems for the 90 degree radius bends, so we move to a slightly softer steel... its always some damned thing.

Point is, have some patience for people that are willing to throw money at risk to develop the toys that we want to have.

We aren't fucking Cabelas - I am a one man show right now and I know that FBMG isn't a huge operation either. I am going to put a premium on communication.

I have received a lot of support and encouragement over on gunsnet (my primary stomping grounds) and it is really appreciated. I'm glad people understand what is required to make something from nothing.

Not trying to attack anybody, just trying to explain how hard it is to bootstrap.

Hey-around here everyone gets to bitch a bit. Chew over bone's of contention and get over it.

It's only when some bitch keeps bitching about something he doesn't have any right to bitch over

that we get bitchy!

It's his opinion and he got the right to speak it. They have their right to reply.

One guy not HAPPY. Seems happy. Me? HAPPY!

So how many HAPPY?

Or happy?

Anyone unhappy?

Or UNHAPPY?

There it is folks, a reply with class.

Draw you own conclusions about bad manners and speach.

If he is representative of the members of this forum, I will go elsewhere.

Then carry your fucking ass and don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Jan 27 2007, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey-around here everyone gets to bitch a bit. Chew over bone's of contention and get over it.

It's only when some bitch keeps bitching about something he doesn't have any right to bitch over

that we get bitchy!

It's his opinion and he got the right to speak it. They have their right to reply.

One guy not HAPPY. Seems happy. Me? HAPPY!

So how many HAPPY?

Or happy?

Anyone unhappy?

Or UNHAPPY?

I'm very happy, I was able to sell my FBMG mags at a small profit and save a couple board regulars a few buck off of the current FBMG price and quicker delivery than they could ever have hoped to get out of FBMG.

It seems to me that FBMG gets it right 99% of the time but if you're one of that 1% you are going to have an uphill battle to get them to even realize they made a mistake due to their unbridled arrogance. BTW, I wasn't bitching... I was commiserating with a couple of other board members who were struggling with a situation very similar to mine and came here to discuss it when Gomer got defensive and felt the need to tell yet another lie about my situation. I don't know about you but when someone lies about me like that, I set the record straight. What Gomer SHOULD have done is simply ignored my reply to his currently disillusioned customers(which I will never be again) and simply responded to those guys with some information about the status of their pending orders. But nope the guy just has to come back to me for another bitch-slap. If Gomer would simply respond to ALL of his customers without assuming they're just bitching they wouldn't come to this board to discuss their displeasure with FBMG and then those stories that he'd rather sweep under the rug wouldn't be re-told. If you had a problem with a vendor other than FBMG... say cheaper than dirt or Sportsmansguide or something like that and came here to tell your story and another board member had a similar experience would you want or expect that member to dummy up and not talk to you about it? If so what would be the point of your post and what would be the point of having a forum to discuss these things? I think it's funny that because some people like a particular vendor or one of their products they expect people who had a negative experience with them to just shutup about it. This board exists for Saiga owners to discuss all things Saiga, this is not an infomercial for FBMG where you only hear what they want you to hear. They do not contribute to this board and have their own website if you can't handle the truth and only want to hear nice things about them.

First of all, we have contibuted a couple hundred dollars to this board. So we are not using the board for a free ride.

Secondly, I have repeatedly accepted full responsibility for the screw up and appologised for it repeatedly. I don't know what else you want, but I have tried to make it right for those in the pre-order problem.

I don't have a problem with anyone expressing their feelings about their dealings with us. I have never said you or anyone else should be banned. We have no connection with those that have, and it isn't us doing it as an IP address check will show. So bitch all you want, but you still act like I banged your wife. I made a mistake, screwed up. If the very few people that had a bad experience don't talk about it we can't fix it. And we are trying.

As for the email situation, we have ou spam filters set at max due to the amount we get. IF YOU DONT HEAR BACK FROM US ON AN EMAIL YOU SENT, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL. We have 3 new guys working part time to try and fix some of the communications issues and delays in shipping of products. We are taking the comments about us and trying to make the company better. We are a small shop still, but we are trying to get it right and make our service better. And we are just a phone call away.

First of all, we have contibuted a couple hundred dollars to this board. So we are not using the board for a free ride.

Secondly, I have repeatedly accepted full responsibility for the screw up and appologised for it repeatedly. I don't know what else you want, but I have tried to make it right for those in the pre-order problem.

I don't have a problem with anyone expressing their feelings about their dealings with us. I have never said you or anyone else should be banned. We have no connection with those that have, and it isn't us doing it as an IP address check will show. So bitch all you want, but you still act like I banged your wife. I made a mistake, screwed up. If the very few people that had a bad experience don't talk about it we can't fix it. And we are trying.

As for the email situation, we have ou spam filters set at max due to the amount we get. IF YOU DONT HEAR BACK FROM US ON AN EMAIL YOU SENT, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL. We have 3 new guys working part time to try and fix some of the communications issues and delays in shipping of products. We are taking the comments about us and trying to make the company better. We are a small shop still, but we are trying to get it right and make our service better. And we are just a phone call away.

I'm glad to hear that. Truly. I don't wish anything but the best for all gun people especially people taking on a project such as this. I know you guys had a lot of people crying wolf months before they should have had any expectations at all and this probably got you jaded to some extent. I wasn't one of those people though and should not have been treated like one. In fact up until non pre-order customers were receiving their mags I was one of your most ardent defenders and you can go back and find the posts that prove it. In fact if you do that I think you will see that you have lost what would have been a loyal lifelong customer who also spends thousands of dollars on firearms and accessories every year.

More sage advice: If you want people to call you for customer service you might consider getting an 800 number. Otherwise people find it easier and cheaper to communicate by email working on the assumption that one is as good as the other since you list an email address on the same webpage as your phone number.

Anyway if you get anymore complaint posts I'll leave them alone from now on. You have contributed to the board now and I can see that you're trying to improve so good luck to you.

I would still recommend a business ethics course for Larry. :angel:

Last dig... I promise. :smoke:

Thanks for helping out this forum financially, it is greatly appreciated. It's nice to be able to end this with a... :super:

Dude, I want a truce with you. And I was serious as a heart attack about making it right. I am still open to trying to do so FWIW.

As for Larry, I take resonsibility for everything that happened from day one to now. I am here now, trying to make our company and our presence online better across the board. I would do the 800 number, but we are trying to get a specific one. Maybe down the road.