AK furniture on an S-308?

Hi, just joined this forum, as I am interested in purchasing a Saiga 308. I have noticed quite a few pictures of the S 308 with AK stocks and forends. My question is, will aftermarket AK stocks (Vltor, Tapco, Etc.), pistol grips, and forend options fit on Saiga rifles, namely the 308 and 223? In addition, is there a company that makes 20 round mags for the S 308?

The thought of a .308 semi auto rifle with a 20 round capacity built on an AK receiver at a reasonable price seems to good to be true.

After aquiring and using several AKs throughout my stay overseas, I was impressed at the fact that AKs seem to run no matter what, which was more than I could say for my issued 'AR' (to it's credit, only when it was extremely filthy). How is the reliability of function on the Saiga rifles. Seems to be a well put together unit. Any input on any of the above questions, or anything else someone feels I should know, is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!! God Bless our troops!

" The best way to get a terrorist to talk when he refused to say what he knew was to torture him... I was indifferent. They had to be killed, that's just all there was to it!" General Paul Aussaresses, Algerian SS 1955-1957

"War is a savage buisness, a buisness where killing one's fellow men without mercey is a duty and sometimes a form of sport. Nobody enjoys killing their fellow creatures, but in war one's likes and dislikes must take second place to defeat and survival. In this book there is much killing and I make no excuse for recording casses with satisfaction and often relish, whilst on reflection one is shocked at depriving others, just as good as oneself, of their lives and for no better reason than both of us are obeying orders and performing an unpleasant duty." Colonel Richard Meinertzhagen, "Army diary" 1899-1925

"I am the War Lord and the wrathful God of Combat and I will always lead you from the front, not the rear!!"

Commander Richard Marcinko, USN retired

Stocks and pistol grips pretty much fit universally on the Saigas. The handguards will vary due to the barrel diameters between the 7.62/.223 and the .308. You can get 20 round mags from FBMG (www.fbmginc.com.) Welcome to the forum!

P.S. I love the Rogue Warrior series!

Edited by tritium

Thank you so much for the information and the welcome. I belive J&G gun sales carries them. I will probably go pick one up.

P.S. Ditto on the rouge warrior series. Great, entertaining reads!

My idea is an S 308 with Vltor stock (made for AK), Tapco railed forend and pistol grip. We'll see! Thanks again Tritium!

Yes you can use AK furniture. Stamped receiver type.

The lower HG needs to be modified to clear the larger barrel.

Also an AKM gas tube needs to be modified to fit.

Also you need some type of lower HG retainer installed.