My first car was an 89 Plymouth Reliant, 2.2 auto, dark grey with clearcoat chipping off. (no pics of her :( )

Upgraded a couple years later to an 89 Plymouth Reliant white, with a 2.5 auto, $1000 thumper radio, and a new paintjob!

post-5011-1173931527_thumb.jpg

Then I bought my baby,

post-5011-1173931633.jpg

91 Fiji Blue Metallic Dodge Stealth, 3.0 V6, 5 spd, registered for 160. (had it to 145 @4800 in 4th had lots more to go, was kinda scary)

Hit a deer, did $2800+ in damage, THEN found out I had $1000 deductible. ... . I cried, openly. sold her recently

Then I bought my fishin and camping machine. . . .lookin for pics. . . .

dang, must not have any.

was a 92 Chevy S10, 4.3 4x4 Auto, extended cab, bedliner, Tahoe towing package. Just sold her as well.

Now I drive a 2000 Mazda 626, cousin bought it new in 01, barely broke 80k miles now. 2.0 5 spd and 4 doors. 35mpg and runs like a charm. Great car.

post-5011-1173932323.jpg

The 626 works great for work too, get paid mileage, usually around 1200 miles a month for work and its 4 door for those nights out!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car toy is a 97 mustang gt convertible.

I have a 92 GMC Sonoma that I call my deliverance vehicle. It is so ragged out the yuppies won't make eye contact when I drive it.

Wife has a brown 98 plymouth voyager affectionately known as the brown bus or the turd more lately because it is really turning into a worn out piece of .....

I would love to reclaim some of the cars I've had over the years, or the customers cars I've been working on at the streetrod shop. But the gas prices, and my old age force me to drive boring, sensable vehicles. I recently sold my VW and bought a mint condition 1987 Dodge Dakota..... Nothing special, you can see it out in the snow in this pic. And (ofcorse) my VTX1800.

post-1374-1174146913_thumb.jpg

My big Chevy will be given to my tattoo artist apon completion of my sleeves. By then it will be all one color.

post-1374-1174147186_thumb.jpg

Here is the VW that I just sold, parked next to one of the airbrush projects I did.

post-1374-1174147293_thumb.jpg

I have owned a few that I wish I still had!

1947 Dodge powerwagon-(stolen)

1967 Dodge swept side 1/2 ton longbed (I put a 331ci HEMI in that one with a 4 speed from a 440 roadrunner.) TOTAL blast to drive!

The old elephant is now sleeping under my workbench.

Had a couple 360 Subaru's a van and a sedan. Sedan got 66 mpg, van got 40. Wiiiinnnnngggg ding ding ding Wiiiinnnnnggggg ding ding!

They had 2 cycle 2 clylinder 356cc engines .

Had a '70 Sebring Sattelite plus- looks exactly like the Challenger, but is "intermediate" not "compact".

Had a bunch more , but those are the one's I wish I had back.

I've driven many different cars and trucks over the years but by far the best were my dad's 1972 Ford Mustang Sprint convertible, but that got totalled when he was reaching for his Seagrams back in '77. My high school car was the same as this yellow one but in sea green. Great car for a high school kid, wish I still had it...I had a couple of Toyotas, 1983 Corolla 112,000mi , 1984 pickup under 500mi, 1987 pickup 124,000mi. I got tired of the small cabs of them so my next truck was a 1994 Chevy S-10 60,000mi. I drove a couple of 1988, 1989 Dodge Caravans commuting to NYC but now I drive this 2004 GMC Canyon 4wd lowered 3" front and back on 20" Bazo's with Cal-Max shocks, a Carriage Works grille and K&N intake. The wife drives a 2006 Kia Sorento 4wd.

I had one of those little Subaru mini vans too when was stationed on Okinawa. Oil in one tank and gas in the other. You could get six people in that thing if you needed to. I'd buy one again if they were legal here.

I have owned a few that I wish I still had!

1947 Dodge powerwagon-(stolen)

1967 Dodge swept side 1/2 ton longbed (I put a 331ci HEMI in that one with a 4 speed from a 440 roadrunner.) TOTAL blast to drive!

The old elephant is now sleeping under my workbench.

Had a couple 360 Subaru's a van and a sedan. Sedan got 66 mpg, van got 40. Wiiiinnnnngggg ding ding ding Wiiiinnnnnggggg ding ding!

They had 2 cycle 2 clylinder 356cc engines .

Had a '70 Sebring Sattelite plus- looks exactly like the Challenger, but is "intermediate" not "compact".

Had a bunch more , but those are the one's I wish I had back.

Alright, I new I liked you guys for a reason. A thread like this I can't stay out of.

These are my daily's..........

'87 Golf

100_1563.jpg

100_1562.jpg

My old Ford work truck during the largest single snowstorm in New Mexico history (I think we got 15 inches in one sitting).

100_2144.jpg

My old daily, my Blazer, runs real good, much better than she looks.....

597.jpg

And here are a few future projects, the A is a '29, the Buick is a '65, and the bike is one of about a half a dozen sitting around.

b3e.jpg

eeb.jpg

597.jpg

I also have two more Rabbits, an '81 and an '84, as well as an '83 Yamaha, SECA 750, an '82 GPz550, a '77 or so GX650, a '79 Olds Cutlass, small block 4 speed, '74 Caprice, and an '85 C1500.

There are a few others not worth mentioning at the time, but all in due time.

Alright, I new I liked you guys for a reason. A thread like this I can't stay out of.

'87 Golf

I also have two more Rabbits, an '81 and an '84, as well as an '83 Yamaha, SECA 750, an '82 GPz550, a '77 or so GX650, a '79 Olds Cutlass, small block 4 speed, '74 Caprice, and an '85 C1500.

I loved my 91' GL, wish it would of been a stick but alas twas not to be, at the ripe old age of 27,000 miles I found the back end of my friends 4-wheel drive ranger at about 40 mph, i moved the bumper on the ranger, lost the golf :cryss:

'87 Golf

I loved my 91' GL, wish it would of been a stick but alas twas not to be, at the ripe old age of 27,000 miles I found the back end of my friends 4-wheel drive ranger at about 40 mph, i moved the bumper on the ranger, lost the golf :cryss:

Yup, I dig mine too, it's fun to drive, plenty peppy, handles nice, amnd get's damn near 40 mpg.

What's not to love, now if I could get my Blazer to get that kind of milage I might drive it more.

Edited by urotu

I love Jeeps! I used to live in metro Atlanta and kayaked and camped all the time in TN. NC. WV. Section hiking on the Appalachian Trail. Between buying them used or leasing I have had 6 since college. It is a practical vehicle for tripping, having a dog, or going kayaking/car camping. I would love to have one of the new 07 4 door jeep Rubicons!

post-5283-1174612428_thumb.jpg

I love Jeeps! I used to live in metro Atlanta and kayaked and camped all the time in TN. NC. WV. Section hiking on the Appalachian Trail. Between buying them used or leasing I have had 6 since college. It is a practical vehicle for tripping, having a dog, or going kayaking/car camping. I would love to have one of the new 07 4 door jeep Rubicons!

Sorry, but I had a Jeep. Totaled it. Have a Blazer now and I love it. Granted both were 94's. And I loved my Jeep when I had it. But my Blazer is da bomb. I absolutely love it. I'll get some pics on soon. No, she isn't some suped up boy toy. But she dependable. She's got some salt damage from some damn yankee, pardon if I offended anyone.

Sorry, but I had a Jeep. Totaled it. Have a Blazer now and I love it. Granted both were 94's. And I loved my Jeep when I had it. But my Blazer is da bomb. I absolutely love it. I'll get some pics on soon. No, she isn't some suped up boy toy. But she dependable. She's got some salt damage from some damn yankee, pardon if I offended anyone.

I totaled one too. Swerved to hit a deer and clipped a curb and hit a brick wall and rolled it a couple of times. Should have just hit that bastard!

post-5283-1174622684_thumb.jpg

Wanna see what my son used to drive? Two of my three sons were in that truck. I pulled up and saw that and almost lost it. I don't even want to think about what would have happened if they'd have hit that tree a foot up the cab.post-5613-1174657548_thumb.jpg

OH SNAP! :eek:

Was he OK?

Sorry for the double post there. Yes, they were both fine. I found out on my way to work. A coworker was behind me and I pulled over to tell her what happened so she could let them know why I wouldn't be at work. Turned around and started hauling ass.....and crying. Decided tears and high speed don't mix. I could either slow down and cry or haul ass. Tears stopped. I got there and the officer tried to wave me off. I told him those were my boys and to get outta my way. The oldest was strapped to a board where he couldn't move his head. Scared the crap outta me. But he was fine. Just had some glass imbedded in his head. Middle son was fine. Just some scapes on his arm. Future DIL showed up hysterical. They weren't going to let her see him in the ambulance. Again, I had some splainin to do to them. They let her in, she was OK. I didn't get hysterical for two days. I cried half a day thinking how close I came to losing two of the greatest gifts God ever gave me. But I was NOT going to do it in front of them.

Scariest call I ever got was that one of my sons was in shock-trauma in Baltimore. 4 of my 5 kids were in that car!

Nobody knew where the other 3 kids were. All came out OK none of the kids was seriously hurt.

But talk about a SCARED daddy!

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Mar 23 2007, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scariest call I ever got was that one of my sons was in shock-trauma in Baltimore. 4 of my 5 kids were in that car!

Nobody knew where the other 3 kids were. All came out OK none of the kids was seriously hurt.

But talk about a SCARED daddy!

Damn, I hear ya. Kids can scare the crap outta ya sometimes. Glad to hear all was well.

Here's my Blazer. Like I said, it ain't all that. But I have it decorated real nice. I either get thumbs up or I'm told I'm #1. :)post-5613-1175044379_thumb.jpg

And this was my Jeep.post-5613-1175044463_thumb.jpg

Hope I did this right.

Yup you did it right! :super:

So people like to tell ya you're number one huh?...LOL you mean like Dale Earnhardt used to do on the track? :lolol:

I EARNED every grey hair-I paid for them in sleepless nights, days when i didn't know HOW I would survive tomorrow- 5 kids, and an ex-wife that managed to spend 7 cents out of every nickle I had ever made.

I wear each grey hair as a badge of courage and proof that my clan is hard to kill.

Edited by G O B