How comfortable is it?

Hello

If it's the stock that came from the factory (as it appears) and the gun was imported that way, would it still be illegal to "add" one? How would anybody tell the difference?

I think the trigger and stuff are the same as those supplied on other configurations of 16" .308's.

I got mine from GilbertsGuns as well, great folks to deal with.

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

To the best of my knowledge, putting that stock on an unconverted aiga still leaves you 3 parts shy of the 922R requirement. Thus, it's illegal (not that anyone actually goes out looking for 922 violators), and is something you should be aware of

Well yes and no eh?

If you are going to put high cap magazines in your rifle, then yeah, you need to make your rifle 922R compliant in which case, yes, the stock counts as a foriegn part......or two (I'll get to that).

Uncle BATFuck in his infinate wisdom ruled that a thumbhole stock constitutes a pistol grip + stock. This was an uber-retarded & unconstitutional ruling on their part, but their tech branch is on paper saying this. If this is true, then importing Saigas with thumbhole stocks violates 922R, yet they are allowing them to be imported. So what gives? Is the ATF finally feeling the heat? Are the importers doing this purposely to test the ATF's stupid rulings? You can bet your ass the thumbhole stocks are not an accident. Either someone told them it was cool to import them like that, or the importers are doing it to see what happens.

I think I understand now, but if the stock is made in russia would it go against my parts count?

If you are trying to get your rifle to 10 or fewer foreign parts, then yes it counts as 1 foreign part (possibly 2 since there is still some quesstion as to whether it counts as 1 pistol grip and 1 stock.)

This is one of those major gray areas nobody really wants to ask about for fear of what answers we might get.