Waffle House, they don't want our business

taken from another forum

This is for ALL United States

I just got off the phone with "Mark" at Waffle House Customer Service - 1-877-992-3353. Joe Rogers, Jr is the CEO - 770-729-5700.

Waffle House Customer Service confirms they have a policy of NO CONCEALED FIREARMS in their restaurants. Call them to let them know you will honor their request by not entering their businesses with your licensed CCW.

I told him I intended to insure everyone knew their policy and it was being posted on this site - and others. He asked me if I was starting a boycott. I told him that was his word, but access to the information will be world-wide. If he wanted to consider that a boycott, that was his word - not mine. "Mark" took my information and told me he would pass my comments along to management and they would get back with me. I don't expect to hear from them.

Pass this along to every forum and email list you can. Give them a call and share your comments.

Steve Aikens

NM Admin - Packing.org

Edited by emclean

Hmm, if your carry weapon is truly concealed, how are the going to know if you are carrying or not anyway? :unsure:

Second, who voluntarially eats in these shiteholes if they can help it? :D

Just as long as the stripper who's currently giving me a lap dance can't tell if I'm carrying or not, I feel I'm doing something right. :lolol:

Do you think Mr. Joe Rogers is going to come out and give every potential Waffle House customer a lap dance to make sure they are not violating company policy...I think not. :D

Edited by Gaddis
Stripper: oh wow, what you got in there? A desert eagle or something?

Me: OH YEA BABY!!!!!!!! I've got two of em.... <cough, cough>

<wink, wink, wink>

No, sorry an NAA mini. :(

well, here where I live, you cant carry in beer joints, courts, schools without written permission, or your workplace without permission. and THATS IT! there is no law saying you cant carry in waffle house. So even if there were waffle houses here, which i dont think there are, I would walk right in with mine and make sure the managers knew I had it. and when they didnt serve me, i would promptly sue the bejesus out of them for discrimination. that is just pathetic. what are they going to do? call the police? I think we all need to start calling mike there, and make it so his day consists of a bunch of guys calling him up and lecturing him about the concept of carrying a pistol, and how it is not THIER say where we carry it. That would get old real fast I bet if the guy got 300 calls in one day, let alone make the guy's week hell from all the work he cant do because hes answering the damn phone all day :)

there is no law saying you cant carry in waffle house. So even if there were waffle houses here, which i dont think there are, I would walk right in with mine and make sure the managers knew I had it. and when they didnt serve me, i would promptly sue the bejesus out of them for discrimination.

there are some states that let the owners decide if they want armed people in there buisness, some states it is illegal to carry in a store that is posted not to, others just will make you leave. it all depends on the state.

there are some states that let the owners decide if they want armed people in there buisness, some states it is illegal to carry in a store that is posted not to, others just will make you leave. it all depends on the state.

That's how it is in Florida. I haven't gone to Waffle House in a long time but I don't remember any signs on the door about concealed carry. They may have just started, though. The only place I ever see those signs is at gun stores.

Since the subject of strippers was brought up, it made me think of something. When I have visited the state where I grew up in, Illinois, I couldn't carry a gun because that state strictly forbids concealed carry unless you are an Illinois cop. I went with my friends to a strip club last time and they pat you down when you go in. Now, since Bush signed that law that allows police to carry in all states (no matter what state you're from), I if I go back to that club they'll be feeling a Kahr K40 when they pat me down.

Edited by SaltPeter

Saltpeter, I guess someone has told you to put your badge on your holster when you are out of state carrying? Heard that from a cop i know that flew with his piece, as well as an air marshall that unknowingly exposed his weapon to me on the plane. Im sure you would know better than I though, but it kinda makes sense to me that if one DOES happen to see that you are packing where normally one cannot, you should have the badge right there on the holster in case you are tackled or searched. you dont have to reach to another part of your body for it. you have ID cards for that, I thought. Just a thought.

you should take a trip to illinois JUST to get harrassed. As a cop, you probably dont know what us normal folk go through sometimes. Im sure it would be enlightening for you :)