The 200 yard shooting doesnt prove anything. The AK was probably not zeroed properly. Also most people couldnt hit an M1 tank at that distance anyway. The video does show a clear flexing of the barrel when fired. My 308-1 with a short barrel should have way less flex. Would like to see a slow mo of the 308-1. Good post.

The 200 yard shooting doesnt prove anything. The AK was probably not zeroed properly. Also most people couldnt hit an M1 tank at that distance anyway. The video does show a clear flexing of the barrel when fired. My 308-1 with a short barrel should have way less flex. Would like to see a slow mo of the 308-1. Good post.

I wasn't amazed by the methods of evaluation other than the high speed videos. That looked like a standard AK barrel, but the S308 has a thicker barrel both under the handguard and past the Gas block. I wouldn't think that the S308 barrel would flex that much anyway.

My 16 inch S308 has better accuracy than any standard 7.62x39 AK I've shot.

Typical Discovery Channel BS. The only thing they said that was true was the AK sights were not as effective. Also, that was a milled AK, no telling how old, how shot out, or from what country from the video.

Was it just me or did the AK shooter seem... incompetent?

I guess it is true what they say about any peasant picking up an AK and using it. Using it well, that is a different story. ;)

But seriously, that was some nice visuals in the video.

I'm only half-kidding. You have to keep in mind the ammo type being used in either case, shooter experience, as well as the rifle not being zero-ed.

Yeah I noticed the AK guy jerking the trigger real bad. Should have shot at 50 yards first and I bet the AK guy wouldnt even hit the target. I saw a test that the military did using a new M16 and a new Russian AK47 with Russian ammo. Out to 300 yards the group sizes were about the same with a slight edge to the M16. They concluded that the AK47 was not as inaccurate as everyone thought. This was many years ago and I was suprised at how accurate the Russian gun was. I had some Chinese AKs and the best was about 6 in groups at 100 yards depending on the ammo.

Just leave them both in the weather 24/7 for two weeks and then give them a try. Let's soak them in water for a hour or two first.

Wich one would you pick to defend you'r self with--- RIGHT NOW?

This is my FIRST test for what to defend myself with. Not a bad test for a rifle you put meat on the table with, either.

Looks like the video was slanted towards the AR. The don't even show the slo-mo for the AR bbl like they do for the AK. From the little you get to see of the AR in slo-mo the bbl is flexing as well. As posted above the cleaning rod is flexing and makes the AK bbl appear to flex more. Agreed that the AK operator is jerking the trigger.

Edited by Eric86GT