Magwell for "S-12"

UNREAL!!! That guy stole one of my pics in his thread! :rolleyes: Kinda funny considering he's in Europe or Russia (I assume). I thought that serial number looked FAMILIAR!!!!!!!!!!! :smoke:

That was in my 12 ga conversion thread. Wow.......I want royalties. :dollar:

My translator butchered it so bad that I couldn't make sense of the thread. My assumption is that the T nut and slot is for the installation and it only applies to the new style mags and probably won't work with our "old style" mags in the U.S.

The other interesting thing is that it appears to have the magwell priced at 400 rubles ($15 U.S.) and the mag, or possibly mag and magwell for 1070 rubles ($40 U.S.)

Edit out Ruseller comment to be a little less offensive and not disturb the thread, but that's quite a mark up and I don't buy into all the bad customs agents theory as there's plenty of other stuff coming out of Russia at a decent price but any b.s. that comes from my mouth is just that.

MAC TECH, thanks for the translation. much better than the babblefish

Edited by 6500rpm
The other interesting thing is that it appears to have the magwell priced at 400 rubles ($15 U.S.) and the mag, or possibly mag and magwell for 1070 rubles ($40 U.S.)

If that's correct, Russeller's a DICK even if he's about the only game in town.

Capitalism at its finest!!! Charge what the market will bear. Darn, those Russians learn fast. :rolleyes:

But Rueseller has always dealt with me in an ethical and fair fashion. But as I said, that was me and my friends.

I also believe that if a part is lost at customs, he replaces it out of his pocket. Not to mention, international shipping is expensive. So the markup isn't as bad as it seems.

If you really want this part, and don't want to go through ruseller, you should contact rusmilitary and see if they can get it for you. The PG is just bought from them was not originally on their site. I showed them a picture of another grip and asked him if they could get one. Within a few days they added it (actually a newer better version) to their site for me. Once I purchased it, I had it within a week.

But Rueseller has always dealt with me in an ethical and fair fashion. But as I said, that was me and my friends.

I also believe that if a part is lost at customs, he replaces it out of his pocket. Not to mention, international shipping is expensive. So the markup isn't as bad as it seems.

AND DON'T FORGET THE PALMS OF RUSSIAN CUSTOM'S INSPECTORS THAT HE HAS TO GREASE. NOBODY IN RUSSIA WILL EVEN SELL THIS STUFF TO YOU BECAUSE OF THE CUSTOM'S HASSLES!!!

ZB, there are a few solutions floating around, but no single definitive magwell. Fins seem to have it down pat, there are a few working up the solution here. I've talked with a guy that had a solution in place years ago, but didn't see the demand (I'm currently begging for one of his remaining setup's from the original run).

But it won't add a part, as it's not recognized as a part by our ATF (you didn't think it would make sense, did you :) ).

I agree with the AK + drum thing. Besides, with a drum, who cares how fast your mag changes are anyways? ehehehehehe.

I still don't get how you use that rectangular headed screw.

I think it have to be inserted to the receiver from inside then tightened from outside. It seems like a crude screw stop from outside. To be sure that it's also fixes screw in terms of turn inside the receiver due to this shape or have to be inserted from outside and then turn 90 deg and then tightened I have to get my Saiga from repair first.

Edited by ZakherBakher
12-C with a RAA stamp? :blink:

That's all my doing. :smoke: I converted that. I stamped the "C". In retrospect I should have stamped it a "K" considering the less than 19" bbl. :rolleyes:

D'oH! well looks like i earned my retard points for the day

good job on the build

Just a point. . .there has alot of talk about the pics showing the receiver surgery Whilw there IS pics of the magwell, and the red color indicated the contact points for the magwell, all the rest of the surgery pics consist of the installation of a left folding stock, notr the magwell. Are there any additional pics/urls that address the magwell installation?

Also, the Finns have told us that if you grind off the front metal mag lug, the mags will work with the magwells (at least the aluminum copies of them that the Finns made). Apparently, the friction and close fit of the well combined with the rear locking tab is all you need to make them work. Once the mag is in the well, the rear tab is all you need to hold it in place. Then you have an AR-style straight in and out mag situation with the rear tab release as the only action needed. The ribs on the top of the older mags also need to be ground down.