Saiga 12 build problems

They say a picure is worth a thousand words , so I posted two .

AK23.JPG

ak5.JPG

As you can probably see , the hammer misses the firing pin by at least 1/8th of an inch , and the hammer doesn't lower itself enough to hook itself on the disconnecter , what should I do ?

Just to give you some background info , the trigger area was already cut , so I didn't have to mess with the receiver too much , and I'm using a new unmodified G-2 single hook trigger kit.

I am totally lost on what to do at this point , please help me .

Thanks

Signed ,

Joseph / ak74auto

You have the hammer in backwards. Turn it around 180 degrees. You'll also need to grind the full auto hump off of it to clear the ejector block. You'll figure that out once you turn the hammer around.

You pinned it in backwards because the full auto hump was blocking the position, so in the stock configuation, it would only pin in 180 degrees out of whack. It would make sense to install it like that considering the circumstances.

Tony

You're not dumb. That's the only way the friggin part could possibly be installed in the current configuration. I actually learned something here...... I didn't know you could actually do that.

I have done much worse, trust me.

Tony

It looks like everything is working so far , I am going to put a few rd's through it tomorrow .

If all goes well , when I post pic's of my build ( My father in law did quite a bit of work too , thanks Wendell) , I'll also have a good news update.

Thank you Tony and Cobra .

Let's see...stupid stuff I've done...

Put in an AR hammer spring backwards. Not enough force to set off the primer.

I ended up adjusting a 10/22 sear WAY out of alignment. Kinda fun, but definitely illegal (although that oddly remained cool).

I tried putting in an AK bolt/carrier into the receiver without the bolt being locked into it's channel.

Mixed AR disconnector spring with the bolt release (see two lines above)

Yeah....

I've learned.

Edited by NoAim