well, to sum it up, here in new york state, and granted, we arent as bad as states like cali or penn YET, but get this. Gov pataki here is writing a law targeting high capacity magazines. Yehp, he is writing a law as you read this, that will force ALL (yes ALL) high capacity magazines to be declared and STAMPED (yes STAMPED with a metal tool) to state that they were already in the state when the ban he is writing goes into law. I would like to see the looks on all those guys with the 150 dollar SiG mags out there, when the armorer at the police station takes out his hammer and stamp and puts it to the magazine body. This is yet one more little law in my state that is in the midst of being written, (dont ask for my sources, because I am not telling. It IS happening is all Im gonna say), that probably will be snuck in there like the 20 bucks every five years for EACH pistol regardless of what make/year it is... We can all expect many MANY of the states to each impose new laws that are even WORSE than the AWB. the AWB is only one law, in one spot. Easy enough to get around, easy enough to fight. How about 50 NEW sets of AWB laws? you can bet your money on it, so those prebans you guys all have, KEEP THEM. They wont be going down in value like most people think when the AWB sunsets. They are making way for different, more unconstitutional laws. The second amendmant does not stipulate guns for the good, no guns for the bad. nor does it state that guns are for hunting only. You can bet that you will see state legislatures putting up laws like this very soon after the AWB, if not before. I suggest that if you live in states like this, you focus on buying more guns of the type that will be prohibited, and more accessories that will be prohibited, and grandfather them in while you still can. Customise them all later, IF its allowed then. I would expect later on down the road, even that will be illegal. Trying to keep a heads up for ya'll and I hope you seriously listen to what I just said, and plan ahead.

Bvamp- RIGHT ON! Why should the gungrabbers fight us nationwide when they can concentrate on 1/50 at a time and get so many DIFFERENT stupid laws that nobody can comply with all of them. If that happens our suppliers,dealers and manufacturers will cease to be viable. No buisnesses- no lobbiests-NO MORE GUNS!

G O B

Bvamp, do you think that "grandfathering" anything will really make a difference if the gun-grabbers ultimately want it in the end?

After all, didn't Kommiefornia try some type of "grandfathering" scheme not too long back that was then turned around and used as a tool to confisticate the items in question that they didn't like California firearms owners owning? Ultimately, the law-abing firearms owners who tried lawfully registering got shafted by it, while all the miscreants (all of us on the forum here, I hope! :D) were pretty much left alone and unmolested to continue to enjoy the firearms California tried banning (i.e. - "underhandedly" confisticating?). :unsure:

how about whipping out your state constitution and sueing the goverment if they violate it?

just not in NY, bvamp you are fucked, sorry i looked up your state constitution

ARTICLE XII * Defense

New article adopted by vote of the people November 6, 1962 repealing and replacing former article adopted November 8, 1938.

[Defense; militia]Section 1. The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

Indiana has nice and easy gun laws, come on over.

Section 32. Arms--Right to bear

Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.

Section 33. Military

Section 33. The military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power.

you gotta love that :wub:

our gun laws legislation is a 200 page book that I HAVE read in its entirety. I might move one day, but not today or tomorrow. I wont be chased out of my home because someone doesnt like my guns.

I think it'd be REALLY cool if we all could post up our states constitution, and maybe the gun laws (sections pertaining), I bet everyone would learn some stuff.

It'd be interesting!

Time permitting I'll do it - we can find out where to go, when stuff really gets BAD!

Bvamp: Leaving these weapons to my son IS THE EXACT REASON i want to stock up! I've told him many times. If it gets to the point where I think it's unfair (keeping in mind that guns do scare people, and I can understand things like registration, maybe I've bought in a little..................we don't have that here yet), we might have to find a place for them, if you know what I'm sayin. When some one comes to my house to get them back is the day I start becoming the biggest loudest gun nut in my area! I garentee a camera will find my ugly mug preachin' the gospel of "wake up america".

you guys out in the south west states should post your gun laws. the new mexico laws are about 5 sentances long LOL. If you look closely at them, the open carry states DO have a law that states taht you can conceal carry only on YOUR property, and that your personal motor vehicle is considered an extension of such....I would post my states laws, but it would scare you guys. We have laws for various cities here in the state, almost all of which are as long as what jtoddellis posted up there PER CITY! then there is special county laws, like suffolk county (part of long island) , DD laws, AW laws, county laws that state what type of firearms you can legally fire (long island you cant fire ANY rifle, including .22LR, but you can fire shotgun with pellet loads, no slugs, for instance.) then you have the gang laws....which basically is laws like 5 or more firearms in a motor vehicle regardless of the number of occupants, or that you all legally possess them, is considered intent to sell, and everyone in the car is considered to be in possession of such, as well as considered trafficing....then we have the 19 gun limit here as well, though I am not sure if that is per person, or per residence. (this doesnt apply to class 3 curio and relic tax holders) Then you have the handgun tax they just implemented, which as I stated before, is 20 or 25 bucks every five years per pistol, regardless of it being antique, black powder, cartridge, etc etc. I can go on and on, but that is basically a rough idea of what we have here...the actual penal code for this state on guns is about 200 pages or something, so I cant post it, but thats some run-down of the basics, isnt it? If they want to ban some guns in new york, i dont have a problem with that, but they should keep it to the cities that they have the current strict AW/handgun laws in already, not places like where I live, and not places like the upper adirondacks where there is like more acres than people. If they want to get rid of guns in new york city or something like that, the answer is not to ban guns in NY, NJ, PENN, CONN, MASS, and RI. Ban em in the counties these cities are in, and leave the rest of us alone is what I say. Enough is enough already.

I remember from my CCW class that here in KY we have open carry but are open to harrassment and rejection from any bussiness.

Here is the law that says where you can't go with a weapon, concealed with a permit or open carried...

Police station or sheriff's office.

Detention facility, prison or jail

Courthouse (Court of Justice, courtroom or court proceeding).

County, municipal, or special district governing body meetings

General Assembly session, including committee meetings.

Businesses which dispense beer or other alcoholic beverages for consumption. (Exception of restaurants receiving 50% of sales from food purchases).

Elementary or secondary school facilities (without the consent of school authorities)

Child-caring facilities, day care centers, or any certified family child care home.

Areas within airport where restricted access is controlled by the inspection of persons or property.

Any place where the carrying of a firearm is prohibited by federal law

I tell ya, if states begin to pass their own bans on mags/guns to replace the AWB, alot of people are just going to say the hell with it and ignore the unconstitutional garbage.

Hey Bvamp, did you know that NY only allows its own permit holder to carry within its borders, but you can carry in 11 other states, including mine, but NY has no reciprocity with other CCW states. Just thought that was interesting....got it from packing.org. They say that your state gov doesn't have to issue a permit to you, even if you meet that requirements!

http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/new+york

check out mine..

http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/kentucky

yeh, you are right on KY. your permissible carry areas are missing work and colleges though. otherwise its mostly the same, save there are county laws blocking the permit inside city limits of the big cities here.

Bvamp: I looked at the rules for getting a CCW license in NYC, the website flat out said that basically only the rich and well connected can get one there. Is it true that you have to have to be licensed with the city just to own a firearm in city limits?

I also noticed Illinois has a permit called a FOID card that is required for someone to possess guns or ammo! ...and don't get me started on Chicago!

In New Mexico it said the min age is 25 and that the permit holder must qualify with each caliber he wants to carry and must start with a caliber .32 or higher. I figured NM would be like KY or Montana...nope.

yes, you have to ok gun possession of any kind with local county police there. city police too within the city limits. you cannot bring into these areas, uh..... if its in the AWB catergory, where parts limits are concerned and such, it is not allowed in, but can stay in since some years back, (grandfathered), has to remain on your property or on a range, (cant drive around with em for the hell of it), and you can trasfer grandfathered guns within the limits, but once it leaves, it cant come back. like if you moved up near me, then moved back to manhatten. you cant bring them back in after a grace period that I think you even have to ask for to get. pretty confusing huh? they want to do this to all of the US, the anti-gun ppl. know what we say here in NY? (at least some of us anyway) if there can be a law, new york has it, or is working on it. OR just plain....... there is a law for everything in NY. they dont tell you what to DO, kinda, but more they tell you if you did something wrong, exactly what each step was, and what they are doing to you for it. law for everything you can think of doing that is just bad. some stupid laws are always in there, and we have some of the best of them.... the other side of that is that every kind of person imaginable lives in the general vicinity (lets go 15 mile radius from where I sit, you can go 1 mile radius in parts of NYC and its buroughs). I hate it here, but I wouldnt want to live anywhere else, because I love it so much, if that can possibly make sense? :)