I inquired as to joining ROTC equivalent in the DNDCA (Canadian Armed Forces), recruiters came to our house etcetera.

By the time I was ready to go, the lack of funding had shut down the facility I was going to go to. Tried to get in, lack of government funding didn't make it happen.

So didn't serve but tried to...

Anyway thanks to those who did get in and serve...

I havent served in uniform, but I have directly helped when the times have come and gone.

we here at home are always with you, and are behind you. regardless of what some might say or do.....

e pluribus unem

we are all very proud of all of you...nobody does it better

I havent served in uniform, but I have directly helped when the times have come and gone.

we here at home are always with you, and are behind you. regardless of what some might say or do.....

e pluribus unem

I've done this too, I had several pen pals and sent several care packages to Armed Forces members. I even have a flag that was at LSA Anaconda Iraq, I sent it with a care package to a buddy over there.

e pluribus unem

I've done this too, I had several pen pals and sent several care packages to Armed Forces members. I even have a flag that was at LSA Anaconda Iraq, I sent it with a care package to a buddy over there.

Thanks for the support!

I've posted my affiliation and pic before, but just thought I'd share that I got short fused orders on Friday to prepare to ship out in 90 days. Once more unto the breach dear friends...

Sooo, the toys will get put away for awhile but maybe I can pick up a few AK "accessories" while I'm there. :angel:

Thank God for a strong wife and family. They serve the country just as much as I do.

Hopefully connectivity will be better and I can see wassup on the board.

Semper Gumby!

DocV

Edited by DocV
I've posted my affiliation and pic before, but just thought I'd share that I got short fused orders on Friday to prepare to ship out in 90 days. Once more unto the breach dear friends...

Sooo, the toys will get put away for awhile but maybe I can pick up a few AK "accessories" while I'm there. :angel:

Thank God for a strong wife and family. They serve the country just as much as I do.

Semper Gumby!

DocV

DocV --

Watch your '6' and keep your weapon clean and ready. We'll be rooting for you and waiting for your safe return. I'd try to go with you but I suspect they'd draw the line at a 64 year old in desrt camo...

Semper Gumby!

DocV

Good luck and be safe. come back with bakelite!

Doc V. you will be in our prayers!

May God keep his hand on you and all our troops to stady and keep you safe untill you all come home.

Was wondering many Veterans (or currently serving) do we have? Retired now.

What branch? U.S. Army

What unit(s) 1st Infantry Div, 1st Calvary Div, 2nd Armored Div, 32nd AADCOM, 8th Army, 2nd Inf. Div.

Years served? 1972-1992

What did you do (MOS)? 52D, Power Generator Technician

What was your service rifle? M16A1, A2

Rank/Pay Grade? SFC/E-7