Brass Catcher

Has anyone tried these to see how well they work? I am thinking of reloading and I really need a way to locate all of the brass since my 223 launches the brass to the moon! When I shoot the steel green cased wolf I find one out of every 7 cases. If I do not reload, I find this bad form since we should clean an area after shooting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Brass-Shell-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I am interested because it looks like it would interfear with the bolt assembly slidding back and forth.

Get yourself a large onion or orange bag, when you go grocery shopping... and a metal coat hangar or two... bend yourself a cubic framework of a sort... Put the onion/orange bag over the framework and secure with SMALL zipties... trim them nice...

Try to be one with me on my mental imagery, ( :lol: ) with two loops to either loop over the optic, ( kinda like the ends of a pair of glasses that loop over your ears) or loop over the top of the rifle... how you secure it is your deal... but it would work better for scoped rifles, as the loops would go round the optic and hang nicely...lift the bag up and off to reload and recock the weapon, or to remove... and there ya go... cheap, but will work to keep brass in check...

:smoke:

I reload for my 223 AR15's cause the brass that comes out of them is still useable, but anything I put in my sar 3 is always bent all to hell so there isnt any point in trying. I can deal with the case mouth being dented or bent, but when it puts bends midway down the case or in the shoulder it pretty much scraps it.