Is it worth bying the stuff that comes in belts? Can you pull the rounds out of the belts easily? CTD has Israeli stuff for about .10 / round in a 22 foot belt. Seems to good to be true?

-Scott

Read it again - It's blanks...

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM711-45025-122.html

...And they want more for Pakistani (in cardcoard boxes), per round, than South African is selling for in 140rd Battle packs (~$50 per 100 for Pak vs. $50 per 140 for SA)... :rolleyes:

Edited by macbeau
Read it again - It's blanks...

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM711-45025-122.html

...And they want more for Pakistani (in cardcoard boxes), per round, than South African is selling for in 140rd Battle packs (~$50 per 100 for Pak vs. $50 per 140 for SA)... :rolleyes:

Thank you - I saw the word "blank" in there but didn't know if that meant no head stamp or ???

-Scott

I had a case seperate on that yellow box Pakistani . Broke off about 3/8 in from the rim . Top half fell right out . I don't plan on shooting any more of it .

Yeah, the Indian stuff is crap. You could get alot of it cheap and if you ever saw it you would know why, dented cases, bullets seated crooked, stuff like that. It is not worth the chance of having it blow at, least for me. I bought 6K of Malasyian linked 7.62x51mm, came in 4 round links. They removed the 5th tracer round, I bought it for my M-60. this is new very clean mil-spec ammo. I don't know if it is still available. It came 180 rounds per brand new 308 military ammo cans. still even has the safety wire on the can. It was $26 a can. Good stuff.

I had a case seperate on that yellow box Pakistani . Broke off about 3/8 in from the rim . Top half fell right out . I don't plan on shooting any more of it .

Yeah, the Indian stuff is crap. You could get alot of it cheap and if you ever saw it you would know why, dented cases, bullets seated crooked, stuff like that. It is not worth the chance of having it blow at, least for me. I bought 6K of Malasyian linked 7.62x51mm, came in 4 round links. They removed the 5th tracer round, I bought it for my M-60. this is new very clean mil-spec ammo. I don't know if it is still available. It came 180 rounds per brand new 308 military ammo cans. still even has the safety wire on the can. It was $26 a can. Good stuff.

india and pakistan are two different countries. :unsure:

india and pakistan are two different countries. :unsure:

I do not believe I was speaking of Pakistan, I said Indian. I was merely acknowledging the previous thread. But for the record, the paki stuff is crap too.

Talked to cheaper than dirt yesterday about silver bear. After having it in stock when I ordered, then they backordered it until the shipment arrived in 3 weeks, now it's finally discontinued. Woulda been nice for them to contact me with that info instead of sending ANOTHER frickin catalog! Wolf is still backordered until July last i checked. I'm gonna hafta start buying entire gun shows out at one time just to get a decent deal. Currently they claim the cheapest .308 they have is $0.54/rd pre shipping.

However, I should be getting a decent deal on 80s or 90s 7.62 x 39 in March. I can probably get up to 25k rds., maybe 40k if I pay close to market levels. If someone in Western WA wants me to get them some, keep in touch witth me.

Edited by busy_squirrel

i have shot 1000s of rnd of wolf in all cals its dirty but shoots fine only 5 or so rnds that did not go boom. 308 seems to be very accurate from what ive shoot. that said beware of laquer coated cases theyr a yellow green tint the new stuf is grey polymer coated. ive heard several times that the laquer will heat up and weld the neck of the case in barrel then because steel is brittal it will break off in barral in tight spec guns.<ars > should not be a problem for aks but i wont ever buy laquer again. i was helping out in local gun shop one week end and 3 kids bought 3006 laquer for m1 garrand i knew one of them and warned him they went to range and called a hour latter said shell would not eject . so they pushed out with rod. know shells wont load whats wrong? neck of casing was in fact broke off and welded to barrel. gun smith said they would have to replace barrel its not worth the savings any more is it. wolf ok laquer coated anything bad bad bad bad i tell u. dont do it not worth it . good luck devin ps if ya find a good deal let me know ive got 5 308s im hurtin bad over here.

Just got 200 rounds of brand new winchester for $99 from midway usa. think the sale ended today however.

I just bought that yesterday also. I didn't want to spend that much but figured I could reload the brass once I get my hand press and dies.

Hey Havoc if you're not gonna reload the brass I'll be more than happy to take the spent casings off your hands for you! :)

what do tolerances have to with anything? chambers are chambers (hopefully!), which is all of where the lacquer is contacting.

Looser tolerances an the AK allow for a longer time to elapse before the buildup becomes a problem. The chrome lining of the Saiga barrel also discourages buildup (yes, some AR's have this lining also.) Lastly the extractor in an AK is much heavier than in an AR making tha AR more sensitive to buildup of lacquer/crud.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 15 years later...