burglarized last night, please keep an eye out:

ria 1911, black with red wraparound grips

belgian browning HP, black, very light weight

Yugo AK, m70ab2 underfolder, wood HGs

mossberg 590 12ga. shotgun, nickel plated mariner

WTF

im sorry to hear that.

sorry to here that man!

i used to worry bout that kinda crap daily.

nothing can compare to the peace of mind that a good fire safe offers.

the best money i ever spent.

i used to be so paranoid bout that i had a wood gun cabinet. i ran 3/8 inch thick cut proof cable through all my trigger guards and double locked it inside the cabinet with cut/bullet proof locks. then locked the door of the cabinet as well. then bolted the cabinet down.

the peace of mind was nice, but temporary. i knew that it would be almost impossible for them to steal my guns easily. but another enemy lurked. an enemy that was not punishable by any laws. one that could attack no matter where you live, for any reason, or to no fault of your own.

yep, you guessed it. FIRE.

you just never know when it could happen if at all. (lets all pray that it never happens to any of us!)

so, to bring that ultimate peace of mind i broke down and got me a fire safe. i always told my wife, "why should i spend that much money when i can buy 2 guns for that price?" but after my gun collection grew it easily became seen that measily price on the gun safe was nothing compared to the cost of having to replace all those guns.

sorry for being so long winded ya'll. just want to help out anybody that was thinking on the same track that i used to be.

deerollman, not trying to rub it in or pick an open wound brother. very sorry to here of your situation.

+1 on that, I'm new to gun collecting, so I've always said "well I don't have that much". But after reading some topics on this board, and watching a friend get robbed (they took his pistol) last week, I've decided to put off that next .308 and go for a safe. Not to mention, if they broke in right now, they would get 3 pistols, 2 rifles and 1 shotgun in excess of 2500. That's a lot of money, and that's 6 more illegally traded guns. So I'm getting one at the end of this month. Deeroldman, sorry to hear it. Hope they didn't get much else.

Shane

it did and i thought of that, but this was obviously gang bangers who did not know what was inside. i could have lost much, much more. they bypassed a very nice shotgun, for a chrome plated mossberg right next to it. bling bling

a safe is in the immediat4e future. i am about to move into a house with a sec. system, and my first purchase was to be a safe. timing is everything..

it did and i thought of that, but this was obviously gang bangers who did not know what was inside. i could have lost much, much more. they bypassed a very nice shotgun, for a chrome plated mossberg right next to it. bling bling

a safe is in the immediat4e future. i am about to move into a house with a sec. system, and my first purchase was to be a safe. timing is everything..

i'm sorry to hear it too. that sux. how'd it happen? were you just away at work? i'm amazed at your attitude; i'd be moping, cursing, and crying, so it's good to see you're remaining positive.

and where did you post your address? i want to make sure not to post mine there.

I AM INSURED. and for good reason: the bastards came back!!!!!!! i removed all my guns from the house this morning, save my 590a1, in case they came back twhile i was here. they got that, my bike and some fireworks. cops ar here now. now get this, i go to the doctor today and find out im getting a biopsy monday.

and trust me, im not moping, but im damn sure cursing.

Dude, My heart goes out to you man.....

Know that we will be prayin' 'bout your biopsy as well.

I know allot of people think it's bullshit but prayin' never hurt nobody.

Anything I can do..... :unsure:

As a cancer survivor (diffuse, large B-cell lymphoma) my prayers are w/ you. As far as the guns go. . . I've got to get a safe!!! It's good to hear you are insured, although your rates will likely go up now I'm sure.

Edited by Ax-Man

Glad to hear you still got the Mossy. Hold on to that one for when they just think about trying something like that again.

Just be cautious posting all your secrets on public forums! Just say they got everything... there is no point to further burglarize deerollman. Nothing valuable left. ;)

Best of luck to you.

Edited by hellgrün-K

Not that I'm some shining example of Christianity, but we did put you on our churches prayer chain.

and we are hoping the best for you and yours!

Good luck on Monday! and please keep us posted

Not that I'm some shining example of Christianity, but we did put you on our churches prayer chain.

and we are hoping the best for you and yours!

Good luck on Monday! and please keep us posted

thanks bud.

i have removed all guns from my place until i get a safe, including the 590a1. a baseball bat nw resides next to my bed. it is sad, but i cant trust leaving a frearm there.