Found some Saiga mags fgor sale, but.....

...they're expensive.

http://www.jocoemprise.com/rifles/saiga.html

That's the rub, isn't it?

If you're looking at buying more than one or two hi-cap mags, it's generally more cost effective to purchase and install (or fabricate & install) a bullet guide. Although I had the materials on hand to build my own, I purchased a bullet guide from dinzag, for two reasons: I wanted a superior bullet guide, and I like to support the folks that provide worth-while products for the WECSOG market.

Only you know what you want, and/or what you need. Plan accordingly...

You'd be better off buying a few Orlite Galil mags from CDNN for $9.99 each & getting a bullet guide from Dinzag. You will have to do a very minor modification on the mag. There are posts on the forum that tell you what to do.

Edited by Hylndr
You'd be better off buying a few Orlite Galil mags from CDNN for $9.99 each & getting a bullet guide from Dinzag. You will have to do a very minor modification on the mag. There are posts on the forum that tell you what to do.

Unfortunately, the CDNN Galil Orlite mags have bumped up in price to $14.99:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/galil.html

However, that is still an excellent price for a new, unissued 35-rd mil-spec rifle magazine. The 12-rd steel Galil mags are still about $10, and I like the two I bought, even though I had to work on the left-side feed lips to get them to function correctly in my Saiga. No problem whatsoever with the Orlites (& dinzag's bullet guide)...

;>)

Unfortunately, the CDNN Galil Orlite mags have bumped up in price to $14.99:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/galil.html

However, that is still an excellent price for a new, unissued 35-rd mil-spec rifle magazine. The 12-rd steel Galil mags are still about $10, and I like the two I bought, even though I had to work on the left-side feed lips to get them to function correctly in my Saiga. No problem whatsoever with the Orlites (& dinzag's bullet guide)...

;>)

CURSES! The Law of Supply & Demand strikes another blow to cheap prices!

UPDATE: I got a new CDNN Catalog in the mail just now & they're showing a used 35rd Orlite Galil for $8.99. I didn't see those mags aren't listed on the CDNN web page though.

Edited by Hylndr
UPDATE: I got a new CDNN Catalog in the mail just now & they're showing a used 35rd Orlite Galil for $8.99. I didn't see those mags aren't listed on the CDNN web page though.

That's GREAT news! I ordered a bunch of the CDNN used Orlites a few months ago, and IF these are in the same condition as the ones I got, they're the deal of the century! My mags were all like new! I would definitely check it out (call CDNN), if I needed Saiga mags. Can you post the part number & phone number from the catalog, so the folks here can follow up on this, if they want to?

Thanks!

;>)

That's GREAT news! I ordered a bunch of the CDNN used Orlites a few months ago, and IF these are in the same condition as the ones I got, they're the deal of the century! My mags were all like new! I would definitely check it out (call CDNN), if I needed Saiga mags. Can you post the part number & phone number from the catalog, so the folks here can follow up on this, if they want to?

Thanks!

;>)

Your wish is my command, but I can only come through on 50% of your request.

CDNN is not showing a part number for this magazine or any others on page 66 of their new catalog (Volume 2007-1). The toll free telephone # is 800-588-9500.

Quality on the mags I got was fantastic. I almost hated to do the modifications to make them usable in my Saiga.

Edited by Hylndr

Those mags that you have a link to are German Wieger mags that have been converted,not factory Saiga.As everyone has said ,get a feedramp from Dinzag :up: that feeds Galil mags and buy as many 35rders as you can.There super easy to make work and still cheap.