What gives with Russian Military.com?

Okay, so I ordered some parts from Russian Military dot com. Got an invoice in the mail today from FSU that stated my Visa was charged a total of E75.00. E67.00 for the parts, and E8.00 equals a total of E75.00.

So I did a currency conversion on my Mac. You can do that with Mac for daily business applications. Conversion came out to $97.55 US dollars.

Now here is where it gets interesting. Balancing my checkbook I noticed that there is a discrepancy of $146.97 in which I had not accounted for. I called the bank and asked what that was for. She said it was from a company called FSU Connections LTD. That is the company that handles the accounts for Russian Military. You can check it out on their website.

I've e-mailed them twice. No avail. Called, cannot get anyone that speaks good english. Anybody have a clue as to why I was charged way over the amount parts were listed for? Still have not got them either, but It's only been 7 days so I'll give them that.

Could that be an additional shipping charge or something because it's coming from oversees? I know many of you here have had good luck with them, but I'm never going to order from them again. What burns me the most is I cannot contact anyone about this issue, nor understand them if I do. It will cost me more in long distance charges than the aggravation is worth. Thanks for any advice you may be able to provide.

Edited by MacMan

MacMan, I propose you need to get your facts straight (ummmm... communication is a beotch, ain't it?). First, there's no website listed as "Russian Military dot com" (not that I could find anyway, after Googling it). I hazard to guess you meant to write, "rusmilitary.com," no? Which of course is Russian Military & Outdoor (I believe you posted a forum message about them on 5 February).

The following is my recent experience with them:

Approximately two weeks ago I purchased two Saiga-20 10rnd mags from them (they were on sale, and still are as a matter of fact, for 35 GBP each). Upon placing my online order, it took about two days for the charge to hit my bank account (I used a Visa debit account), and obviously like you, I was interested to see what the U.S. Dollar amount would come out to, since each bloody day the exchange rate fluctuates AND I really had no idea what the shipping & handling fee was going to be. Yes, I did an online exchange rate conversion like you... so I believe I had a reasonable idea what the ballpark charge was going to be.

Well, when the charge hit, I was slighly disturbed to see that it was close to $200.00 more than I had expected (mind you, it came up on my account as a "preauthorization," the actual debit withdrawel was scheduled to hit for another three days). Similar to you, I contacted my bank to so see if I could stop the impending withdrawel/debt, and they informed me the only thing to be done was to contact either the FSU bank, or the seller of what I had bought. Naturally, I hadn't a bloody-clue as to how to go about contacting an overseas bank, but I did have the contact telephone information listed on rusmilitary.com... which apparently is where my story takes a rather significant "fork in the road" compared to yours.

Since I live on the west coast of the U.S., and due to the time of the day I was attempting to call Russian Military & Outdoor, I new I had a slim-to-none chance of reaching anyone at their office while I was making my call. I tried nonetheless, and got a voicemail message... so I hung-up. AND THEN I TRIED THE MOBILE PHONE (e.g., cellular telephone) NUMBER listed on their website, and sure as shit, Mr. Oleg Savochkin answered the phone at the second ring. (FYI: His mobile telephone number is: 011-44-7970-541757, unless I'm mistaken).

Oleg speaks English just fine... but I will admit that he has a strong Russian/British accent (no suprise there, right?). What was increadible to me... was before I even completed my second sentence he knew precisely who I was (guess that was because I was the only wanker from the U.S. that had ordered two Saiga-20 magazines recently) and stated flat out, "... sorry, you were over-charged... we attempted to recredit you immediately but the transaction wouldn't go through... it was our fault, and we will refund you what we overcharged..." (words to that affect anyway... I really shouldn't have used quotes, but hey, you get the point). Our telephone call ended kind of abrubtly (don't know if that was because of something that happened on his end), but I sensed things were okay. He atleast knew that I KNEW how to get a hold of him if things didn't work out right.

Well, the day the $312.94 charge from FSU was paid out, I also received a payment (or reimbursement) from FSU for $162.75... so I was happier than a hades. Granted, that meant whatever the dollar difference was, had to be the shipping costs. And I came to find out from Oleg via email, that he had two ship the magazines in two separate shipments (parcels). One parcel contained the magazine springs and innards, and the other parcel contained the exterior primary part of the magazines. Guess that all has to do with British law and the magazines being the type of firearms part that they are or whatever. There are several other forum members that are a hellva more knowledgeable on this topic than I.

So anyway, it all worked out for me. The parcel containing the magazine innards arrived this past Monday, to include a separate envelop that contained the overall purchase invoice, and just today (Friday, 9 Feb) the parcel containing the magazines primary exterior arrived.

Based on my experience, I FULLY ENDORSE rusmilitary.com!

Sorry that I wrote a book about all this... but you did inquire about anyone else's experience, so that's what you got. :rolleyes:

~Gary

I've ordered from rusmilitary.com numerous times and have never had any problems, receiving in stock items within a few weeks or so, and other forum members have gotten theirs even sooner. Oleg is a fair businessman. I have an order pending currently.

MacMan, I propose you need to get your facts straight (ummmm... communication is a beotch, ain't it?). First, there's no website listed as "Russian Military dot com" (not that I could find anyway, after Googling it). I hazard to guess you meant to write, "rusmilitary.com," no? Which of course is Russian Military & Outdoor (I believe you posted a forum message about them on 5 February).

Gary, you are correct, and, I'll have to eat crow on my whole post. "rusmilitary.com Russian Military and Outdoor" is what I meant.

My second spoonful of crow has to do with what, hellegrun-K, said. I thought E75.00 meant EU currency. It indeed is Sterling Pounds, and the conversion was wrong. Oleg send me an e-mail notifying me of this today. So, my apologies to rusmilitary.com, and gulp, this crow tastes like.....needs more garlic.

Edited by MacMan

Gary, you are correct, and, I'll have to eat crow on my whole post. "rusmilitary.com Russian Military and Outdoor" is what I meant.

My second spoonful of crow has to do with what, hellegrun-K, said. I thought E75.00 meant EU currency. It indeed is Sterling Pounds, and the conversion was wrong. Oleg send me an e-mail notifying me of this today. So, my apologies to rusmilitary.com, and gulp, this crow tastes like.....needs more garlic.

Hopefully I am not speaking out of place if I reply on behalf of all of us that posted a response to your question when I say, "No problemo dude!" I for one will readily admit that I get highly nervous when making a purchase from an overseas vendor, online via the Internet, and particularly when it is performed with money exchange conversion rates! To exacerbate the situation, when I made my purchase from rusmilitary.com, it was not clear whatsoever what I would be charged in shipping and handling fees.

Anyway, it is great to hear that any mix-up was simply a slight error on your part. "Keep the rate of fire up Bro!" :super:

~Gary

Hopefully I am not speaking out of place if I reply on behalf of all of us that posted a response to your question when I say, "No problemo dude!" I for one will readily admit that I get highly nervous when making a purchase from an overseas vendor, online via the Internet, and particularly when it is performed with money exchange conversion rates! To exacerbate the situation, when I made my purchase from rusmilitary.com, it was not clear whatsoever what I would be charged in shipping and handling fees.

Anyway, it is great to hear that any mix-up was simply a slight error on your part. "Keep the rate of fire up Bro!" :super:

~Gary

We all let our emotions rule our brains from time to time. Especially when you got a few (brain) parts on backorder, like me. :lolol: