My New Red Jacket Pistol

Hello

I just picked up my Red Jacket AK pistol that I purchased through Atlantic Firearms. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, working 7 days a week sucks, except I have the dough to buy guns 'n shit...

I was expecting a black finish, the gun is DuraCoated a charcoal gray color that I think looks really nice...(Not the greenish shit like the Halos) Sets off the "valley-bitch" accessories nicely!

My first pistol that fires rifle ammo, so I'm eager to check it out...I've been told that a thick (thorn-resistant) bicycle tube stretched over the mag makes a good pseudo-grip. Also, Hogue supposedly manufactures an actual clip-on grip for the mag...Anybody have experience with these?

I'm thinking since this is registered as a "pistol", then my CHL applies for concealed carry? (Ha-ha!!!)

post-3965-1171200479_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1171200497_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1171200511_thumb.jpg

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

it does apply to your CC if you have one if it is registered as a pistol, but I dont think you want to put a front grip on that tri rail. pretty sure it changes it to a "AOW" when you do that.

I would have to guess that you wouldnt be carrying it under your armpit with a 40 or 75 round mag in it either? :) a loaded 20 rounder might even be a bit heavy after half an hour.

f it, wear it like a necklace! why hide it?

it does apply to your CC if you have one if it is registered as a pistol, but I dont think you want to put a front grip on that tri rail. pretty sure it changes it to a "AOW" when you do that.

I would have to guess that you wouldnt be carrying it under your armpit with a 40 or 75 round mag in it either? :) a loaded 20 rounder might even be a bit heavy after half an hour.

f it, wear it like a necklace! why hide it?

Hello, Bvamp

Ditto the front grip...I think that's the thinking behind the inner tube/mag "loading assistance device" thinking...I saw a front guard that was kind of a "bulge", quote "ergonomic hand grip" that may be far enough away from a grip to be quasi-legal.....

Oddly enough, if you possess a CHL in TX, you have to carry concealed, although I think you can open carry if not licensed.

One real value would be to carry it concealed in the truck, as a "pistol" it does have that advantage.

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

well in open carry states, you can conceal almost always on your property or extension thereof, meaning in your vehicle, without a permit.

here in NY, the concealed carry permit is exactly that. you MUST carry concealed. open carry only applies to government employees while on duty ONLY. (why they have gun rights that I dont is another story we wont go into here) I give people shit when I see the walking around with a pistol on the hip in public. my usual is to walk right up and ask them if they are on duty. to which I answer whatever they say with, cover it up, the laws are bad enough here, tough guy. Ive gotten some real nice attitudes doing that here, but it is worth the trouble every time!

Thats not a pistol man , it's a Flash-bang that tosses a single projectile as a side-effect LOL . Using a single loop sling off the rear swivel only and pushing the thing forward off it will steady the hell out of it when shooting . wear hearing protection .

Hello

I just picked up my Red Jacket AK pistol that I purchased through Atlantic Firearms. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, working 7 days a week sucks, except I have the dough to buy guns 'n shit...

I was expecting a black finish, the gun is DuraCoated a charcoal gray color that I think looks really nice...(Not the greenish shit like the Halos) Sets off the "valley-bitch" accessories nicely!

My first pistol that fires rifle ammo, so I'm eager to check it out...I've been told that a thick (thorn-resistant) bicycle tube stretched over the mag makes a good pseudo-grip. Also, Hogue supposedly manufactures an actual clip-on grip for the mag...Anybody have experience with these?

I'm thinking since this is registered as a "pistol", then my CHL applies for concealed carry? (Ha-ha!!!)

post-3965-1171200479_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1171200497_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1171200511_thumb.jpg

thats sweet , If nfa guns are legal in your state you can fill out a form 1 send off your 200 dollars wait 8 or so weeks . then throw a ACE tube adaptor and a car stock on there and have a cheap SBR. I have been thinking of doing the same thing or buying one already made from redstick. this way you can play with it until you get your stamp.

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

Thats not a pistol man , it's a Flash-bang that tosses a single projectile as a side-effect LOL . Using a single loop sling off the rear swivel only and pushing the thing forward off it will steady the hell out of it when shooting . wear hearing protection .

I have one of those too and that's exactly how I shoot it. I'm able to rest my cheek on the taut strap and maintain a consistent sight picture that way too. I put a Guide Gear red dot on a low belarus side mount and it is quick and accurate out to 40 or 50 yards on multiple targets. I haven't shot it at any further than that. I want to get a car safe built that would accommodate it and a 75 rnd drum for the ultimate trunk gun that complies with the CCW laws in my state.

Just bought myself this new one for Valentine's Day. From Russia with love!

Hello, SaltPeter

Shweet!!! Is it a replica, or the real deal? What's that barrel length, looks pretty short....7"?

I want to obtain one of those Krink-style FH's for mine, but they are pretty hard to find, from what I can see. Especially in 24x1.5 threading.

Have ya shot it yet? I'm too busy at work to get any time off in the daylight, but I'm eager to "give it a shot", so to speak....

Respectfully,

Guido2 in Houston

A replica? Surely you jest! It does have a 7" barrel, but I haven't shot it yet. I got it from Atlantic Firearms too. Made in Houston by Armory USA.

As far as flash hiders, here's one that will fit yours:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=289

Or, you can get an adaptor here:

http://www.aa-ok.com/AK_Spare_Parts/Spare_Parts.htm

And then get the flash hider on this page:

http://dpharms.com/ak47-muzzle-items-c-26....df61e755a15d909

Edited by SaltPeter
A replica? Surely you jest! It does have a 7" barrel, but I haven't shot it yet. I got it from Atlantic Firearms too. Made in Houston by Armory USA.

As far as flash hiders, here's one that will fit yours:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=289

Or, you can get an adaptor here:

http://www.aa-ok.com/AK_Spare_Parts/Spare_Parts.htm

And then get the flash hider on this page:

http://dpharms.com/ak47-muzzle-items-c-26....df61e755a15d909

Oh, I didn't mean like a non-functional "replica", I just meant built on a US receiver kind of replica. Sorry, meant nothing like that!

Fine piece, that is....

Guido2 in Houston

well in open carry states, you can conceal almost always on your property or extension thereof, meaning in your vehicle, without a permit.

Not in Kentucky which is open carry. You can not conceal carry on your own property or in your vehicle without a permit. But getting a permit here is easy (must issue law) and once you have it you can carry anything, any weapon you legally own. And you're not limited to just one at a time B) The state also has a law prohibiting cities from making their own gun bans/restrictions.

As for a front grip that doesn't cause AOW issues, might I suggest a flashlight holder from TDI.

tdi_ar3.jpg

Edited by KySoldier