Pictorial Writeup: Saiga-100 in 30-06

I just got one today from a gun show. I was wondering in anyone has found a way to make high cap mags for the .308 model yet? I like the gun as is and will add a scope and probally change the sling points but that is all. the two 3 round mags I got with the gun are fine for the hunting I plan to use it for but a few high cap. mags would round out the "options" of this rifle. if anyone has heard of anything let me know. thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

My Saiga-100,30-06, AK muzzle brake,AK upper and lower handguards,Accu-Riser Cheek Pad - Permanent Mount. Thanks Dinzag for helping me . Thought about conversion, talked to Tony(Tromix) :" Takes to much time and money". So I'll keep it how it is. Love my Black Mamba :super:

P.S. Guys,what do you think about the safety, I think its , weak.

post-7628-1229394449_thumb.jpg

post-7628-1229394470_thumb.jpg

Edited by atakacorp
  • 2 weeks later...
My Saiga-100,30-06, AK muzzle brake,AK upper and lower handguards,Accu-Riser Cheek Pad - Permanent Mount. Thanks Dinzag for helping me . Thought about conversion, talked to Tony(Tromix) :" Takes to much time and money". So I'll keep it how it is. Love my Black Mamba :super:

P.S. Guys,what do you think about the safety, I think its , weak.

Just came back from hunting , 145gr. soft point Winchester, 100 yards shot , my saiga 30-06. Happy Hanukah, Merry Christmas ,Happy New Year.

post-7628-1230335786_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Ok, I'd like to make a run of mags for the Saiga-100 in .30-06 probably be 10s maybe 15s

I need a rifle, I could care less what it looks like. Just needs to be undamaged in the mag well area.

I may have one in SC but its been over a week and I've heard nothing so I don't have a huge hope for that one.

I'd be happy to resell the rifle once I'm done with it, right back to the person I buy it from. It will come with probably 5 mags when I'm done with it. I'll need it for two months at least.

Thanks

Mike

This is not a huge money maker but I'm ok with the chance to sell maybe 100 mags over a couple years

Ok, I'd like to make a run of mags for the Saiga-100 in .30-06 probably be 10s maybe 15s

I need a rifle, I could care less what it looks like. Just needs to be undamaged in the mag well area.

I may have one in SC but its been over a week and I've heard nothing so I don't have a huge hope for that one.

I'd be happy to resell the rifle once I'm done with it, right back to the person I buy it from. It will come with probably 5 mags when I'm done with it. I'll need it for two months at least.

Thanks

Mike

This is not a huge money maker but I'm ok with the chance to sell maybe 100 mags over a couple years

You may be able to meet up with Saiganoobie and get some measurements and stuff depending if you guys live close enough in Florida.

I had one of the mags for awhile. And we got a 14 round mag built but its off a little on the front tab. I want to test fire and play with the mags to make sure I have them right.

There is a lot to making a mag besides bending a metal box. The one we sent out was something like 3 weeks of work, Another two or three weeks with a rifle and it would be probably ready to go. Other problem is I'm not in FL right now either, I'll be there in a month or so. I'm in Northern Michigan up by Mackinac which I may add is freezing my southern blood already. How the hell does anyone live here all year?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel that 20 rd is the right number for 30-06. 10rd isn't a bad idea, especially for states with a mag capacity ban like NY.

ANY PROGRESS ON HICAP MAGS? I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A SEMI AUTO 30-06 THAT COULD HANDLE REAL WORLD CONDITIONS. LOOKS LIKE THIS

MAY BE THE TICKET. THANKS GUY

• Like 1

Well I ended up putting it off a little. There are more 20 gauge shotguns then there are .30-06 saiga rifles. If I could get my hands on one it would not take long, but I'm not going to be borrowing anyones rifle until I can actually work on the project.

Now if anyone has one that they want to sell please email me.

• 5 months later...

+1 on a Saiga 100 heading. And let's get rid of the unused headings for a Tromix and a Red Jacket (all active builders?) heading.

Having just acquired a S-100 in .30-06, I was wondering whatever came of the possibly of a section dedicated to the model. Searching the forum for articles that mention it are fraught with frustration.

Heck I'm still willing to make mags for it. Just need the gun to work with. (HINT)

If your looking for info on your firearm. I'm afraid your not going to find much outside of this topic and the one in the tromix forum.

Heck I'm still willing to make mags for it. Just need the gun to work with. (HINT)

If your looking for info on your firearm. I'm afraid your not going to find much outside of this topic and the one in the tromix forum.

Found another couple of threads on the forum using 3006 as a search argument. Seems to be rarer rifle than I thought (and this one was sold to me as unfired, so it's first trip to the range will be cherished). Won't have much time to tinker with it this summer, so might well be able to work out a loan. Love your .308 magazines. Are you a FFL or registered gunsmith, or would we have to ship via 3rd parties?

It seems odd that with all the time it likely took to make the 30-06 that they only made 50 of them.... It seems like such a waste.

Actually someone semi local PM'ed me saying that they have one. At the moment I have my hands full of projects, but come mid fall or early winter I'll probably contact you for a test sample. Obviously with only 50 rifles out there I'm not thinking of this as a big seller, I'll probably sell 40-50 mags total.

It seems odd that with all the time it likely took to make the 30-06 that they only made 50 of them.... It seems like such a waste.

Actually someone semi local PM'ed me saying that they have one. At the moment I have my hands full of projects, but come mid fall or early winter I'll probably contact you for a test sample. Obviously with only 50 rifles out there I'm not thinking of this as a big seller, I'll probably sell 40-50 mags total.

I'll buy some. Your 308 mags are great. Now all I need are 30.06.

• 3 months later...

Food for thought:

a. What would you sell 100 mags for? What would you sell 50 mags for? If you have some thoughts there, share. Those few of us who love the Saiga 30-06 probably wouldn't rule out paying 1.5-2x the cost of a 308 mag in the same capacity.

b. Maybe think about approaching a distributor to see if they'd reconsider bringing in more 30-06 rifles if there were hi-cap mags. The S-308 had the same issue - people were shy of getting it because mags were scarce, and no one made spare (10rd) mags because the rifles were scarce. It took some time after the ban dropped for someone to make mags for S-308, but now that the snowball is rolling many of the usual mag makers have something for Saiga. Don't have the capacity to mass produce mags? Consider selling your tested, proven design with notes to a manufacturer who has the technology, or consider sourcing to a modern fab shop and still selling them yourself.

Sometimes a good product just needs baby steps to take off.

I'm going to assume the mag comment is aimed toward me? If so.

The .30-06 project is most complicated by not being able to buy the rifle.

I can buy veprs, saigas, galils, heck even valmets any day, provided I'm willing to cough up the money. Saiga 100 .30-06?? Never even seen one in person.

Making only 50 mags is not an issue for price. Just priority. Price will be determined by how big a pain they are to make.

Heck I don't see the S-20 market being very big either, but we are still going to make the mags.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi ,I just picked one of these 308-100 today at a gun show, Dealer said he has had it for 4 years but no one ever gave it a second look, I knew right away what it was and picked it up.I think it is pretty sweet but for the dolphin looking front ,But i don't see much info on them . Why was the reason they didn't bring more in the states . I am looking forward to the 10 round mag i just ordered from CSSPECS. Any one have new information the rifle I would like to hear about it. thanks