Saiga 12 Bullpup?

True, it could use a bit more of a gap at the front of the mag near the receiver...

Also, I forgot to add the CYA McDonald's Hot Coffee disclaimer "WARNING--SHOOTING THIS GUN FROM YOUR LEFT SHOULDER IS A DUMB THING TO DO"

Jeez, a year and a hundred days or so to go...

Here's a photo of a real AK rifle bullpup. To make it "assault weapon" ban friendly, you'd have to put some other kind of grip on it and replace the front grip with a forearm, but otherwise, I wonder if a Saiga shotgun would fit?

post-2-1055519383.jpg

Edited by SaltPeter

Saltpeter, it would make a very interesting project indeed, unforunately for me, I'm tapped with my new purchase of land, and really wouldn't be able to do it (even if I could find a bullpup kit). Maybe someone out there could give it a shot? I'd love to see if it works.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The P-90 style is a great piece of work in computer imaging. However, such a thing if actually done would be such an abominable bastardization I couldn't stand to look at it. Then again I'm one guy who doesn't like the P90.

The K-Var type setup looks cool and promising, but I doubt you could legally get a non-pistol grip grip. If you hold it beneath the action, I think they'd call it a P-grip.

A thought I just had would be if they were able to make an action short enough to be buttstock length, and put both forend and rear grip along the barrel axis. The barrel would have to be a bit long though. In order to give the grip as vertical a profile as possible, you could change to a direct impingement system instead of a piston. But by that time you would have something cloter to an AR than an AK and unfeasible on the Saiga platform.

Ver cool concept altogether, I think it's great that people are thinking of this

Never seen an AK47 Bullpup, pretty interesting even though I'm not a big fan of that design. (A drum mag probably wouldn't be comfortable though huh?) I agree the Saiga 12 would look cool if a suitable pistol grip replacement could be made without it being "an abominable bastardization" like BattleRifleG3 said. Gotta admit though, when I saw the British soldiers at a range a couple weeks ago with their (SA-80) rifles all laid out, I was impressed.

• 2 weeks later...