screw in feed ramp broke

Wanted to share as I know a lot here use screw's to hold in the feedramp . I do basicly 2 types of conversions , a "basic" ,where the barrel doesn't come out . On those I use a machine screw to hold the feed ramp . On the "barrel out" ones , I rivit it in . Have done the "basic's" into the 400's range [including a couple Post86 samples] . Well , had a customer call the other day , at about the 60th round , his damn screw broke . One bad screw out of a bin . What are the odd's ? Good enough, aparently . Anyhoot , I'm not using anything but rivits anymore . I am not advising against using a machine screw , just wanted to report that I had one break . If it did happen , it proved it could happen . I doubt it would be a big deal to most of the guy's on this forum , [don't take much to outsmart a screwdriver and change the damn thing ] but it might not be a bad idea to toss a extra into your range bag . Let it be the 2 minute fix instead of the ruined day . Will

oh hell , i never heard of one of the screws breaking before this . I have one on a F/A with 4-5 thousand rounds through it . This one broke after 3 mag's . Personally [my gun] , I wouldn't sweat it [screw's aint that hard to change] , but I wont be using them again on any I make to sell or conversions I do for individuals . I'd rather bite it up front then have a warrenty issue come up .

I used red Locktite (or was it blue?) Anyway, I used Locktite and drilled and tapped for a bigger screw. I used a tapered stainless allen screw and ground the head to fit the contour of the guide. Someone else on this forum used a long screw and put a nut on it at the bottom under the trunion. I haven't heard of many people having problems with thier bullet guide comming dislodged. But I felt better taking extra steps to ensure that it did not come loose. I would hate to have a round go off without the breech being fully closed and locked, or needing to expel alot of rounds very quickly and having the damn thing jam up on me!