Assult Rifle Ban Reintroduced

Hey Crow, Hope it's cool but my kid is totally ripping your last post and is going to turn it in as his paper

to his tree huggin', dirt worshiping, gun hating hippie, public school English teacher.

Nice work BTW!

Not a problem sir. Just make sure he does all of his own writing and don't expect his teacher to be swayed. Make sure he dots his Is and crosses his Ts and states just the facts, very important to couch yer opinions in term papers.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crow wrote:

"More people were killed from falling off of furniture than were killed by assault rifles.

More people were killed from falling in the tub than were killed by assault rifles.

More people accidentally suffocated in there own beds than were killed by assault rifles.

More people choked on their own dinners than were killed by assault rifles.

I really think that Congress should be putting more energy into banning the truly dangerous things, like chairs and bathing."

Well,

We obviously need more efficient assault weapons.

Guido2 in Houston :angel:

you probably already know these, but have your kid look at these too while he's at it: www.mcsm.org/gunfacts.pdf

No problems there SuA. Guns and the Bible are treated with Holy Reverence in our home.

besides he cant even draw a weapon out of our armory without his Riffle card!

(Good lookin' out though, Thanks!)

Now I'm gonna get really silly. Look at this. Look very closely at these statistics for 2003. Hit the link and scroll down.

http://www.nsc.org/lrs/statinfo/odds.htm

More people were killed from falling off of furniture than were killed by assault rifles.

More people were killed from falling in the tub than were killed by assault rifles.

More people accidentally suffocated in there own beds than were killed by assault rifles.

I really think that Congress should be putting more energy into banning the truly dangerous things, like chairs and bathing.

I think I'll have T-shirts made that say "Your bathtub has killed more people than my assault rifle"

Now I'm gonna get really silly. Look at this. Look very closely at these statistics for 2003. Hit the link and scroll down.

More people were killed from falling off of furniture than were killed by assault rifles.

I really think that Congress should be putting more energy into banning the truly dangerous things, like chairs and bathing.

I think I'll have T-shirts made that say "Your bathtub has killed more people than my assault rifle"

We can do that! I print shirts

I would buy one! And I would wear it regularly! A url for that stat might be good to have on the back.

Too bad that is all the truth.

Saw a news piece (of sh!t) last night on ABC about Ak-47's & terrorist assault weapons running rampant on the streets near Miami with all the gangs & whatnot. Full auto stuff too. How can this happen in America?!? We did you know you can buy these everywhere? How is it even possible? Hundreds of gangs and thousands of members. The police are afraid to go in certain neighborhoods. 30 to 100 rounds for each pull of the trigger!!! Something needs to be done done now! A small baby was slaughtered with one of these bullets - as the guy holds up an x39 cartridge then swings the gun to point at the camera.

Crap reporting like that will enflame people to push for the reinstatement of the ban.

A coworker of mine questioned me why I need to own assault weapons. "You can't hunt with them, why do you need them?" Why the hell to you listen to Celine Dion? WTF, I do because I can, it's America! dumba$$...As long as I don't break any laws, who cares how many guns I own? It's my right. Just like it is your right to go to Donnie Osmond concerts.

(we'll see who comes knocking when zombies are munching on his family) :chris:

I know this will probably get me branded as a racist by the forum here, but the guy who did the shooting at the Philadelphia Naval yard was a minority (as I kind of figured it would turn out to be).

Political correctness aside for a moment, why do minorities (especially of African descent) have such a propensity to settle their grievances with gunfire? :unsure:

Maybe that is something for the violence control "experts" to examine besides trying to ban firearms ownership for everyone? :unsure:

Funny the shooter in Utah was a White muslim Bosian. Huh. Go fig.

Didn't say minorities were responsible for all the shootings that take place.

But do you know what the term "Saturday Night Special" really stood for at one time? Seems like the minorities liked to get lit up and start shooting at each other for trivial shit even way back then.

My uncle Stevo said it best if evey body packs we would have far less crime. Some Mofo is going think twice about shooting up a mall if 10% of the gen pop was packing a pistol or Sub 2 k Carbine.

Hear you on that. In MO, the mall's owners have the option of posting whether they allow concealed weapons. State law says that the malls have to post a sign on the doors, so the bad guys know which ones they can go into and shoot it up without have to worry about getting shot back at.

I've been extremely observant of which ones say you can't and don't go there now. I'll just take my business elsewhere where I can have my Ruger P345 nicely hidden and ready under my jacket.

Edited by Shootin's Fun

Caned45, My sub2k sports the 33 round glock magazine, with 2 as back ups. Fun as hell little gun, jerk it out, flip it open and start busting caps. The same mags also fit my Glock 19, but my favorite for making noise is still my V53 pistol I have also looked at the Calico pistol with the 100 round drum, but heard too much bad crap about it.

That 1919 with tripod and 5000 links is looking really good right now. :):)

So got any info on volumes, pricing, options...

After reading the news story about the Muzzie that killed all those people, he was using a shotgun and a pistol(they didnt name what type). I guess she just threw that story in the mix to cause sensationalism. Sometimes I really hate politicians.

Indeed here we are at war with radical Islam and have the muthafuckers shooting up our malls and running people over and these fucking dhimmicrats(call them what they are) want to disarm law-abiding Americans. They are tearing this country apart.

You can always count on the DhimmicRats to help the Muslims infest the country and disarm us while the Muslims commit terrorist acts on American soil.

This is a good reason to mobilize all the pro gun people to vote against Hitlery Clinton. If G-d fobid she gets into the White House then we can kiss our guns and right goodbye while Islamic terrorists will run rampant in our streets with fully automatic AKs like the Los Angeles street gangs who were armed by Clinton's Chinese cronies while the pervert tried to disarm us. This time there will NOT be any law sunsetting nor will the law have a chance to be repealed by the spineless Republicans and RINOs.

Here is a email i got from The Gun Source.Its a good starting point to send off a email to your Representatives.I also included the email i sent to my Ohio reps.

Yet Another "Assault" On Your 2nd Amendment Rights...

In 2004 the United States Congress rightly allowed the so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" to sunset after 10 years in law. It seems that the wisdom of the 2004 congress has been forgotten. On February 13, 2007, HR 1022 or the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 was introduced by Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY). This bill (now in committee) proposes to permanently reinstate the 1994 ban and add even more draconian provisions; essentially banning all rifles not traditionally used for hunting or sport and high-capacity (or FULL capacity) magazines. Even more disturbing is the fact that, at his/her sole discretion, the United States Attorney General can determine the classification (therefore legality) of any firearm.

We at TGSCOM are obviously appalled at the lengths that some of our elected officials will go to erode, or in some cases destroy, the rights afforded to us by the 2nd Amendment. It's time that we are heard. We urge you to contact your elected representatives and let them know that this proposed ban is an affront to the law abiding citizens that choose to safely and legally own firearms.

A link to your Reps contact info:

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/officials/congress/

My email: Taken basicly from The Gun Sources email,cut and paste if youd like.

I am writing in regaurds to the resently introduced HR 1022 Assault Weapons Ban And Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 by Rep Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY).It seems that the wisdom of the 2004 congress as been forgotten for rightly allowing the so called "Assault Weapons Ban to sunset after 10 years of law.I believe this bill is another "Assault" on our 2nd Amendment rights and is an affront to the law abiding citizens that choose to safely and legaly own firearms.I have never wrote to my representatives before but i am now appalled at the lengths that some of our elected officials will go to erode or in some cases destroy the rights afforded to us by the 2nd amendment.What also is disturbing is the fact that,at his/her sole discretion,the US Atterney General can determine the classification (therefore legality) of any firearm.I hope you take note of my email and stop any future "Assault Weapon" type bans.

Thank You,

Now lets stop talking and DO IT!! or LOOSE IT!!

Edited by Pointer