Who else is a glock fan?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way a Glock fits in the hand, and I shoot pretty good with one- but I HATE the way it feels when shootin it. Not the recoil, it just feels "springy". I like a heavier steel 1911 type pistol.

Edited by G O B

I just sold my Glock 17 (my first gun) to get a .223 Saiga.

But I kept my Glock 36. I love that little thing, and believe it or not, I am a lot more accurate with it that I was with my 17. I think it had to do with the 36 having a single-stack magazine.

just got back from the range (had to test out the 23)

I love the compensated setup the muzzle flash is awsome and it makes followup shots so much easier. The recoil is harder than my 21 (.45) but it could as be that it is a compact vs the full size.

I have a Glock 27. It is the best pistol I have ever owned. I love how controllable the recoil is despite the small size and I can't believe how accurately it shoots considering the short sight radius. I have only had it malfunction a few times with some Aguila frangible ammo when it was new. It cycled everything else I have put through it and even that Aguila stuff flows perfectly now. It is just a great gun.

I love my G-17! I'll never sell it. It's just like an AK. You CAN'T mess it up and it will ALWAYS work with good ammo.

I really like the lighter trigger I put in it too. That used to be my only bitch about the gun.

+1 on the Glock 21.

I "cut my teeth" on the 1911-style stuff and Love the 1911 frame as a mentor, if you will. Because of that, I have a natural tendency toward thumb safety's (never cared for the grip safety) and instinctively reach for it every time I need to holster or un-holster. The G-21 fits my hand better than a wide-body 1911 too (a'la Para-Ordnance, etc..)

I got my G-21 about 3 years ago and almost immediately had it modified with a FACTORY recognized (doesn't void the factory warranty) thumb safety, an extended slide stop and a 3.5 lbs connector. I also bought about 6 or 7 GLOCK mags and added +2 Pierce extenders on them. All my mags are now 15-round, Glock mags. This is my primary home defense gun (' at least 'til I can get to my NFA registered 13" Ithaca M-37, 12ga) as well as my 3-Gun pistol... I have never looked back. For a 1911-lover, that's saying something...

Glock4.jpg

Glock3.jpg

f835c744.jpg

Glock21withMags.jpg

My Glock Collection

9mm

G-17L

G-26

G-34

45 ACP

G-21

G-30

And I would have already had more but Im switching from 9MM to .40 S&W So Im getting ready to start selling my 9's.

My Plan is to Own

G-22

G-23

G-24

G-27

G-35

Whenever any comes into the store and ask whats a good pistol I try real hard not to just say GLOCk and be done, I like other pistols but when it comes down to it give me that TUPPERWARE .45 ACP anyday. :killer:

Glock 35 40s&w..Best handgun known to man :smoke: Love that thing

Glock 19 9mm..2nd best handgun known to man :devil: great carry gun also

Glock 20 10mm 2 tone

100_0673.jpg

I love 1911's also but i believe with the extra rds capacity and the dependability make them a better choice.

Edited by Pointer

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Feb 14 2007, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the way a Glock fits in the hand, and I shoot pretty good with one- but I HATE the way it feels when shootin it. Not the recoil, it just feels "springy". I like a heavier steel 1911 type pistol.

+1

i couldn't have said this any better.

( i'm biased against plastic guns & DAO guns but will concede the good points of the Glock.)

I love the compensated setup the muzzle flash is awsome and it makes followup shots so much easier. The recoil is harder than my 21 (.45) but it could as be that it is a compact vs the full size.

What defense ammo are you using in your 23 ? I have been using Cor-Bon 135gr but am considering going to some thing heavier that is less likely to fragment. Others with a .40cal feel free to respond.

Edited by akok

What defense ammo are you using in your 23 ? I have been using Cor-Bon 135gr but am considering going to some thing heavier that is less likely to fragment. Others with a .40cal feel free to respond.

I got some corbon 165grain

Marduk13 wrote:

"But I kept my Glock 36. I love that little thing, and believe it or not, I am a lot more accurate with it that I was with my 17. I think it had to do with the 36 having a single-stack magazine."

I have a 36 also. Got it for the ol' lady, 'cause she was always griping (I would say "bitchin'" but that would be too obvious...) about grip size with the .45's. She wasn't too crazy about the 36, either, but I assumed "ownership" and I really like that little gun. Got the nightsight model, and it's now my living-room stash gun.

Mah bitch got the XD9 she was constantly whining about, so now she leaves me with all of the .45's to myself.

I have to say that the XD45 shoots and instinctively points maybe better than the 36 for me, but the size is prohibitive for some things. Twice the firepower of the 36, though...

I installed the laser-in-the-recoil-spring arrangement for the wife, it's still in there, although I don't know if I would ever use it. Pretty slick and unobtrusive setup, though.

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

These offerings at Georgia Arms look pretty interesting.....581 FT LB on the 155 +P+ should pack a hell of a whollop.

40 S&W GOLD DOT 50 100 1000 Ft. Lb. FPS

G40B 155gr Hollow Point +P $18.50 $36.50 $360.00 495 1200

G40F 165gr Hollow Point +P $18.50 $36.50 $360.00 443 1100

G40C 180gr Hollow Point +P $18.50 $36.50 $360.00 440 1050

G40+P+ 155gr Hollow Point +P+ $20.50 $40.50 $400.00 581 1300

I have a 36 also. Got it for the ol' lady, 'cause she was always griping (I would say "bitchin'" but that would be too obvious...) about grip size with the .45's. She wasn't too crazy about the 36, either, but I assumed "ownership" and I really like that little gun. Got the nightsight model, and it's now my living-room stash gun.

Mah bitch got the XD9 she was constantly whining about, so now she leaves me with all of the .45's to myself.

I have to say that the XD45 shoots and instinctively points maybe better than the 36 for me, but the size is prohibitive for some things. Twice the firepower of the 36, though...

I installed the laser-in-the-recoil-spring arrangement for the wife, it's still in there, although I don't know if I would ever use it. Pretty slick and unobtrusive setup, though.

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

The range I use isn't very fancy, and they don't have a huge selection of rentals. I've rented and shot the 21c and 22 from them. But then one day I notced they had a really old 36 to test. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned forever, and had scratches where someone must have dropped it.

I set the target at 10 yards and squeezed off 3 rounds. They all went through the same hole! I had to have one.

It seems like the 36 is the "forgotten Glock" most people just get 30's when they want a sub-compact .45

But the 36 is far better for carry, being so slim. I wish Glock would go single-stack for the full size .45, but they went the GAP route instead.

Been doing research on the 357 sig. Thinking about a Glock in that caliber. All I have now is a Beretta 92 Inox. I can still keep buying 9mm bullets for reloading and brass seems to be easier to acquire now. Also, Secret Service, U.S. Marshalls carry 357 sig. as well as other Departments. The idea was to create a 357 comperable auto-loader. Any info guys??? Anyone shoot one? The ballistics look good. Input before buying please. Thanks.

The ballistics look good on paper - and in an FMJ- it could be viable, but good luck finding affordable practice ammo or a selection of defensive ammo. For defensive work, I'd stick with 9mm /.38 SPL (LOW-END) thru ..45 ACP (HIGH_END) for a defensive/offensive carry gun. If a lady may be expected to shoot this pistol, and become proficient with it..., I would suggest a 9mm or a .40 S&W with mild loads. The point being she needs to PRACTICE with it ...

Barring everything else - I would suggest a .38 revolver as there as no safety's to dick with and no malfunction-drills to go thru...

Just my humble opinion... [JMHO]

Macbeau sends....

Been doing research on the 357 sig. Thinking about a Glock in that caliber. All I have now is a Beretta 92 Inox. I can still keep buying 9mm bullets for reloading and brass seems to be easier to acquire now. Also, Secret Service, U.S. Marshalls carry 357 sig. as well as other Departments. The idea was to create a 357 comperable auto-loader. Any info guys??? Anyone shoot one? The ballistics look good. Input before buying please. Thanks.
Glock 20 10mm 2 tone

So someone else is also after shiny slide. :D

G22.jpg

G22 with some mods before OKO implant. 9mm and .40S&W. Fitst the standard/modified IPSC-box. :devil:

Another IPSC modified gun. G19.

g192.jpg

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

Edited by JumiKuula