Who else is a glock fan?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've got a threaded Jarvis on my new 34. I looked at the Lone Wolf ones at Glock Talk but with the horror stories of baffle strikes from misalligned threads from cheap barrels, I couldn't chance it. I can't wait to assemble mine, its gonna be huge. I think I'll call it my "assault handgun" :D

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a NIB Glock 20(Born Oct.2006) w/Trijicon nightsights, 3 mags, and with a ghost 3.5 disconnector installed for $475. I put a LW ported barrel in it and picked up another .40 so I can always shoot that in a pinch. I think I scored big time. :devil:

I guess I count as a Glock fan. I've got five of them: 19, 21, 29, 33 (plus a .40 and 9mm barrel), and 36.

When Glocks first came out I owned a 17 for a week that I sold as I didn't think it was safe. I've since learned that the gun was safe...I wasn't.

I hated Glocks till I was forced to carry one, now I own 6. I have a pair of matching Glock 20's with Laser Devices lasers in a custom dual cross draw rig I had made. I got to wear it on duty for about 18 months while working a task force. :D

figured i'd update ya'll on my growing GLOCK addiction.

i've since shot the hell out of my g17 and i love it more and more everytime!

tomorrow i go to pick up my g26 CCW piece! can't wait!

got an unbeatable deal on it for only $330!

was torn between g36 and g26 for quite sometime. just could not make up my mind at all. was driving me crazy!

that is until i stumbled across the g26 for $330 and it took about 38 seconds to make up my mind!

i imagine i'll still get a g36.........when the right deal comes along :super:

I'm still on my first one. Same combo as trukreltrog, except mine is the longer 34 model. Not a big Glock fan, but I wanted a reliable gun that I could thread and scope...so that limited me choices.

gallery_128_24_117067.jpg

Nice, how do you like the Trident? I've read it's supposed to be a little quiter and more reliable on the 34. What kind of scope are you gonna use? I've been considering a Doctor type sight. You have to focus on the sights a lot harder with the can blocking your sight picture.

I like it alot. I chose the 34 after reading on the silencer forums that the longer barreled pistols are quieter, like the HK MK23 is quieter than the tactical. I've fired about 300 rounds through it. Jammed on the first round, but has been 100% reliable there after. I considered a Dr optic too but that would defeat the point of my getting the glock, which was for a full sized red dot. Right now I've just got the cheapo BSA that my buddy sold with the package, works fine. I've got a Strike Dot buts its in use on my M11.

gallery_128_24_19046.jpg

BTW, how do you clean yours? I've gotten the giant bottle of Hoppes #7 which I pour in the can as it sits upright, one end corked. That way I can store it overnight, not expose the outside finish to cleaners everytime, and use the minimum amount of cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

It can be done DIY. But it's way easier to get "safety-kit".

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...IT+FOR+GLOCK%7e

...And in pic there is DIY with bigger safety lever. ;)

varm.jpg

As can be seen I've cut slide-lock off from my Glock dedicated to SRA (Finnish form of 3gun..) so thumb wont accidentally lock slide during shooting. And that safety wasn't that good support for thumb as I imagined. :(

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

Been doing research on the 357 sig. Thinking about a Glock in that caliber. All I have now is a Beretta 92 Inox. I can still keep buying 9mm bullets for reloading and brass seems to be easier to acquire now. Also, Secret Service, U.S. Marshalls carry 357 sig. as well as other Departments. The idea was to create a 357 comperable auto-loader. Any info guys??? Anyone shoot one? The ballistics look good. Input before buying please. Thanks.

I have a Glock 33 in .357 sig as well as the 9mm barrel. Good thing about Glocks is that you can get drop in barrels relativly cheap @$100. I.E. I bought mine in .357sig and I can drop in a .40 or 9mm barrel. This only works if originally purchased in .357sig or .40cal because the recoil spring is stronger then the 9mm. If you buy it in a 9mm your stuck.

So, I use the 9mm to pratice and plink and if I need to pack (CCW holder) its the perfect size and I put the .357 barrel back in for more uumph.

9mm VS .357sig = I was shooting at a car door that was laying flat on the ground about 8-10ft away with the 9mm barrel in place at about a 45 degree angle with standard ball ammo and every one glanced off....ZERO PENETRATION. Now with the .357sig barrel in place shots 1 & 2 went straight through, stepped back another 3-4 feet and and shots 3 & 4 went straight through. Not until I got about 15-20 feet away did I have a couple glance off.

Penetration is key to the FBI and departments that is why they have chosen the .357sig

>>Hope this helps.

SEMPER FI!

Been doing research on the 357 sig. Thinking about a Glock in that caliber. All I have now is a Beretta 92 Inox. I can still keep buying 9mm bullets for reloading and brass seems to be easier to acquire now. Also, Secret Service, U.S. Marshalls carry 357 sig. as well as other Departments. The idea was to create a 357 comperable auto-loader. Any info guys??? Anyone shoot one? The ballistics look good. Input before buying please. Thanks.

I have a Glock 33 in .357 sig as well as the 9mm barrel. Good thing about Glocks is that you can get drop in barrels relativly cheap @$100. I.E. I bought mine in .357sig and I can drop in a .40 or 9mm barrel. This only works if originally purchased in .357sig or .40cal because the recoil spring is stronger then the 9mm. If you buy it in a 9mm your stuck.

So, I use the 9mm to pratice and plink and if I need to pack (CCW holder) its the perfect size and I put the .357 barrel back in for more uumph.

9mm VS .357sig = I was shooting at a car door that was laying flat on the ground about 8-10ft away with the 9mm barrel in place at about a 45 degree angle with standard ball ammo and every one glanced off....ZERO PENETRATION. Now with the .357sig barrel in place shots 1 & 2 went straight through, stepped back another 3-4 feet and and shots 3 & 4 went straight through. Not until I got about 15-20 feet away did I have a couple glance off.

Penetration is key to the FBI and departments that is why they have chosen the .357sig

>>Hope this helps.

SEMPER FI!

I'm really happy with the Lone Wolf barrels I have for my Glock 20. I have two 5.5" ported barrels for it, one in 10mm and one in .40 S&W. When I CCW I carry a Glock 27 w/nightsights. I also have an Advantage Arms .22 kit for my G27. It turns it into a sweet little .22 and my Ruger Mark II hasn't been out of the safe since I got it. In fact as I write this I'm wondering if I should get rid of the Ruger because I have no desire to shoot it anymore now that I have a Glock .22.

My Glock 22 is not my most favorite handgun, it also is not my least favorite.

I trust it 100%, it has always functioned 100%. I will never part with it.

Am I a fan, sure. Am I a Glock-aholic? Not really.

Many Glock owners wouldn't be caught dead with a non-Glock handgun. I like all kinds, and own many dependable handguns.

I don't remember where I found this, but I thought I would pass it along.

1911cartoon.jpg

JMB is hands-down the greatest gun designer this world has ever seen. The 1911 is just a drop in the bucket. However, Gaston Glock has since perfected the semi-automatic pistol with the Glock 20, there is no doubt about that. :smoke:

I don't remember where I found this, but I thought I would pass it along.

Gaston Glock has since perfected the semi-automatic pistol with the Glock 20, there is no doubt about that. :smoke:

that is a matter of opinion I guess

Edited by Banshee
  • 4 months later...

I CCW and I carry a G-26.

Very reliable, it eats anything I feed it.

I live in Houston Texas and it is hot and sweaty here all of the time. I walk or jog about 5-6 miles aday and the Glock is the most corrosion resistant pistol that I am aware of. The gun is subjected to rain and sweat everyday.

They are easy to take apart and clean,and parts are cheap.

I carry for my protection and my familys protection. Brand/mfg does not matter. I carry what I believe to be the most reliable self defense weapon. For now that is a Glock.

I bought my wife a G-26 also.

thanks, gamboolman...

Edited by gamboolman

I like Glocks, they make really good door stops. As far as them being a good gun, nope as they have the ergonomics of a 2x4 and a trigger only a bean counter lawyer would like. Glocks are the MicroSoft of the gun world, good for newbies or people who are not advanced skill wise to shoot real guns and Hollywood mythology. There is something intrinsically wrong with a gun that leaves railroad track marks on the back of my hand if I shoot it with a proper grip, after 100 rounds I have bloody railroad track. Gaston Glock, fix your bloody gun. Way behind on the ergonomics curve.

I like Glocks, they make really good door stops. As far as them being a good gun, nope as they have the ergonomics of a 2x4 and a trigger only a bean counter lawyer would like. Glocks are the MicroSoft of the gun world, good for newbies or people who are not advanced skill wise to shoot real guns and Hollywood mythology. There is something intrinsically wrong with a gun that leaves railroad track marks on the back of my hand if I shoot it with a proper grip, after 100 rounds I have bloody railroad track. Gaston Glock, fix your bloody gun. Way behind on the ergonomics curve.

Is there a "ducks for cover" emoticon? :lolol: