I keep geting conflicting information on websites regarding the 1P21 Minuta scope. Does anyone know for sure if it will fit on a Saiga? And if they come in black? LOL I'm a stikler for matching parts. Thanks for the help. And if this works out I'll have some interesting pictures for you guys in about 5 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

OK here's the story...

1P21 mounts just fine, didn't even have to adjust the clamp at all for a nice, tight lock. However...

with the standard stock on a .308 the pull is too long for your eye to reach the sight. Basically renders the sight unusable unless you have a custom, shorter, stock and pull length.

One other problem is that with the zoom set down to 3x, the chevrons and windage marks are SOOOO tiny you can hardly see them. <_<

Hopefully Kalinka will swap me for another sight, I think I'm just gonna get a 4x 400m. The 9x is a bit of overkill on a .308 anyway, but the main reason I got the sight in the first place was for it's awesome reticle features, which are the coolest I've ever seen; I wish some of the other Russian zoom optics (ie. the 2.5-5x 400m POSP) had this same feature/reticle. Being able to dial the magnification until your 1m target is between the two marks, then just look at the magnification indicator in the reticle (it's right around the circumference, like a clock face) and bam x100 = your distance. Your bullet drop is all setup already, just use the right chevron. Pretty slick.