Convrersion Trouble

I have converted my Saiga but now when I work the action the hammer gets caught by the disconnector. Any Ideas what I may have done wrong or how to fix it?

pull the trigger?...lol

Did you make sure the trigger had full range of movement forward and backward? Sometimes you have to do a little grinding for it to clear the receiver. You also ground the hump off the front of the hammer right?

I have converted my Saiga but now when I work the action the hammer gets caught by the disconnector. Any Ideas what I may have done wrong or how to fix it?

pull the trigger?...lol

Did you make sure the trigger had full range of movement forward and backward? Sometimes you have to do a little grinding for it to clear the receiver. You also ground the hump off the front of the hammer right?

lol...ya i tried the trigger. When I pull the bolt back it lowers the hammer down and the disconnetor is catcthing it. If I manually disengage the disconnector from the hammer and pull the trigger it works fine. Its like the disconnetor is too far foreward. Could the spring be too long?

I was follwing the intructions at http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion and wasn't aware I needed to gind the hump off the hammer. What function does it serve?

There is a hump at the bottom front of the hammer that I always grind off to make sure it doesn't contact the cross rivet in the receiver just in front of the hammer. You can also get the action to work smoother if you take some off the middle humped section of the hammer. Just take your factory hammer and hold it up next to the G 2 and compare. The thicker G 2 makes the carrier ride across the hammer and have to depress the hammer spring to travel over it.

You did put the sleeve in the FCG right? If not then the disconnector isn't centered and could grab the hammer.

There is a hump at the bottom front of the hammer that I always grind off to make sure it doesn't contact the cross rivet in the receiver just in front of the hammer. You can also get the action to work smoother if you take some off the middle humped section of the hammer. Just take your factory hammer and hold it up next to the G 2 and compare. The thicker G 2 makes the carrier ride across the hammer and have to depress the hammer spring to travel over it.

You did put the sleeve in the FCG right? If not then the disconnector isn't centered and could grab the hammer.

I did use the sleeve. I guess since I will likely have to take it all apart again I might as well grind the hammer.

I did use the sleeve. I guess since I will likely have to take it all apart again I might as well grind the hammer.

Thinking about it some more it can't be an issue with the spring. In order for the disconnector not to catch the hammer it has to be rocked back so that it is not pushed flush against the trigger. Frustrated and tired. I'll try to get pics up tomorrow afternoon.