• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

This is my little lady:

The conversion wasn't bad at all... except when I was waiting on the mail-order parts!!! I'm thinking of fabricating a kydex cheek rest similar to the ATI one i've seen used, only not cheap looking. Thats the Tapco folder, pretty good quality and they had great cust. service. I also got one of those "retaining plates" that replaces that bastard shepards crook spring. One other thing that might be helpful to n00bs is the tapco pistolgrip shown here comes with a bolt, but no nut. I bought both, but only required the nut. also the stock saiga .308 spring doesn't fit tapco's G2 trigger group, so figure something out, I have a really strong pen spring in there now, and thats working out pretty awesome.

post-1168-1173675295_thumb.jpg

Edited by D3ATH F3YD
Wow texlurch, what kind of muzzle attachment is that on the Saiganov?

That is from an Airsoft site, for a SVD/Dragunov rifle. It is threaded 14-1 and steel. Mine is welded to the FSB.

I think NODAKSPUD has a similar one now.

Edited by texlurch

I finally found a wood pistol grip that matches perfect! Now for the buttstock.

I think I might just go with the ACE folder... or maybe just leave it alone now? Nah... I can't ever leave them alone!

saiga-308-2wood.jpg

Edited by micah360

Here she is finally.

New RSA trigger VEPR trigger.

New 20 round mag.

Burris Fullfield II 3x9 Scope

Butt stock is a Dragunov clone, that my wife refinished for me along with the forearm stock.

I cut an extension for it and added a limb saver pad.

Added a cheek riser.

gun2.jpg

My Saiganov with 6X PSOP

post-3216-1173389437_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1173389479_thumb.jpg

<snipped>

I've been researching Saiga-308s precisely because I want to build a rifle JUST like that one! I've wanted a Romak for a long time but now that they're in the price range of new M1As, converting my own Saiga into a Saiga/Romak/Drag will have to do, and I think it will do nicely!! Do you have a "how i did it" post about this beast anywhere? Beautiful work!! :donatello:

Here's some pics of my freshly converted Saiga w/hi-rise AND lo-rise scope mount and Kobra red dot.

I'm also still waiting to thread the barrel...sight is moved 1 notch back.

DSCN1141.jpg

DSCN1140.jpg

DSCN1139.jpg

DSCN1133.jpg

DSCN1130.jpg

DSCN1129.jpg

Edited by czgunner

My photography skills arent the best...but here is my Saiga

Barrel was reduced to 18", Vortex Flash Hider, Mojo Rear Sight, and FSE Krinkov stock, I also have a KVAR NATO black buttstock. ACE FAL pistol grip.

At first I was going to make a PSL clone , but decided to go this route.

I really like this rifle, however, I sure miss the M1A I sold some years ago. :(

I think I have been working on this conversion last 4 years. post-1440-1176945541_thumb.jpg

wizzard my male <130lbs> is more of a drownding threat than sheeba we got her from a rescue and shes just not sure how to handle all the attention. but she gets more lovy every day except to wizzards other girl freinds. that would come vist him every day, now when they show up the jealouse bitch tries to kill them. luckly she knows not to leave the yard and just runs them off. wizzy loves to chase paint balls so when i get guns out they come runing and the laser pointer is another story funny to watch a dog chase lil red dot till they fall over. my guns r coming along nicely lots of years of trial and error thanks man

New Pics added with the new FH and just a few other showing off pics.I need to get the Harris Bi-pod,Krebs new rear sight rail,a new Barska AC10700 6-24x60 scope.rings and hard case and a few more mags.

post-476-1178044469_thumb.jpg

post-476-1178044518_thumb.jpg

post-476-1178044538_thumb.jpg

post-476-1178044571_thumb.jpg

post-476-1178044653_thumb.jpg

post-476-1178044674_thumb.jpg

post-476-1178044715_thumb.jpg

post-476-1178044724_thumb.jpg

post-476-1178044744_thumb.jpg

post-476-1178044759_thumb.jpg

post-476-1178044769_thumb.jpg

post-476-1178044779_thumb.jpg

Here is my new Saigalil, courtesy of Red Jacket firearms. I PG converted a 21" woody, put in an RSA trigger and sent it to Will for the hard stuff.

0211DSCN0608.jpg

0212DSCN0609.jpg

0215DSCN0612.jpg

Edited by Ding Chavez
  • Like 1

Alright, I have a saiga 308 in the mail & when it gets here I want to convert it to a saigunov - where do I go to get the stock & how hard is it to move the trigger? Is it something any moron with a drill can do, or do I need to be mechanically inclined?

wizzard my male <130lbs>

My golden retriever / mastiff was about that size. He looked like an orange shetland pony. Scared the hell out of people, but all he was good for was swimming, tennis balls, and slobber.

My Saiganov with 6X PSOP

post-3216-1173389437_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1173389479_thumb.jpg

<snipped>

I've been researching Saiga-308s precisely because I want to build a rifle JUST like that one! I've wanted a Romak for a long time but now that they're in the price range of new M1As, converting my own Saiga into a Saiga/Romak/Drag will have to do, and I think it will do nicely!! Do you have a "how i did it" post about this beast anywhere? Beautiful work!! :donatello:

See this post; I added more info on the build at the end.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry144451