This is the tacked 308 picture thread.

It doesn't get any better than this!

Special thanks to BRG3 for the great custom made wood furniture, and all the rest of you for the great advice.

enjoy,

Larry

PS: Original thread can be found at: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=13153. Thread on adding brakes can be found at: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=16294

post-3-1203138151_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I have gotten many question via email and PM's asking what/how/where I did my conversion, so I'm posting the breakdown. If you know, please ignore!

I have an:

Ergo AK grip,

ACE universal reciever block, folding mechanism, and AKFX skeleton stock,

Primary Weapons System 5/8x24" DNTC .308 compensator,

FBMG mags of course,

RSA VEPR FCG,

Blackjack recoil buffer,

Low rise scope mount,

Kobra red dot optic.

Hope that helps!

DSCN1255.jpg

DSCN1153.jpg

DSCN1152.jpg

DSCN1151.jpg

DSCN1150.jpg

DSCN1142.jpg

DSCN1141.jpg

Edited by czgunner

Hey...

I'm curious about something....those of you that put on the folding stock using the ACE block/adapter on the outside. Did you do so because it was easier than cutting the tang to put it internally or because you wanted to leave it in a stock/returnable configuration? Or what?

Thx!

• 2 weeks later...

here is my new creation. It was a saiga 22 inch that i cut down to 18 inches and threaded 5/8x24 and a front hand guard retainer thanks to dinzag and i added a ace clamp on sight. kvar buttstock saw grip utg front 4 rail heavly modified to fit. i attached a sling swivle to the bottom rail and added a bipod. It sports an m60 flash hider and a rpk adjustable rear sight, it has a centery arms trigger group polished so it dosent slap. very crisp!. also has a russian scope mount but i need a scope. i also have 3 20 round mags and two 8's. I may offer this one for sale if any body shows interest. but; i am not sure yet

the red lettering is a elmers red paint pen

post-2129-1184171148_thumb.jpg

post-2129-1184171177_thumb.jpg

post-2129-1184171188_thumb.jpg

post-2129-1184171195_thumb.jpg

post-2129-1184171204_thumb.jpg

post-2129-1184171236_thumb.jpg

post-2129-1184171286_thumb.jpg

post-2129-1184171309_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheGunHustler

TGH - What paint did you use in the stamped lettering? I tried to do the same thing, but the paint came outta the divots when I cleaned around the edges. I suspect there may have been some latex in that paint... :ded:

CZG - How much difference does the DNTC make? I was looking at fetting one of those...

You last two...nice simple conversions with the ACE stock. So...how bad was it in your opinon, to convert the rear trunion to accept the ACE? Would you do it again?

I second that question. The suppressed Saiga bros. look spiffy!

Acer

Here is my almost finished Saiga 308 16 inch. Its bought the Ironwood Designs laminate stock set. Beautiful, although I bought their long buttstock which is very long at 11 inches - thats another inch+ past a standard M16A2 stock for reference. (Anyone want to buy the buttstock?) I stained the handguards and pistol grip with iodine and coated it with 6 coats of amber shellac. Its got Dinzag's sweet HG retainer and a filed up East German gas tube; I think I might opt for another one which retains the retainer. The last step is in the hopefully in the mail: an Ace (now J&T) non-folding 10 inch AKFX stock.

post-3527-1185657374_thumb.jpg

Edited by dasu
  • 2 weeks later...