• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

post-3965-1204503390_thumb.jpg post-3965-1204503408_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1204503473_thumb.jpg post-3965-1204503491_thumb.jpg

My (by now) Ho-hum.....308 w/ new glass.

Took the IOR 6x30 M2 Super off and tried this IOR 2.5-10x50. I think it's a keeper. Scope has FFP reticle, which I think I like.

Groups about 4"-5" at 100 yards. Probably time to pull a BoreSnake through the barrel...(been 2000 or so rounds...)

guido2 in Houston

these are my gunz, there are many like them, but these ones are mine...left to right:

Saiga 7.62x39-will be getting mods soon, just need to find a good deal on a synthetic Dragunov buttstock...anyone have one to get rid of?

Yugo SKS- Tapco T-6 stock on the way, red dot, and lug mounted bi-pod

MAK-90- PERFECT the way it is, i guess it has a recoil buffer...but thats it

Saiga .308- Will be a Saigunov as soon as i can find the right parts

i have a bunch of kits to put together too...im more excited about these than anything else! will be posting as the builds progress...

post-5645-1205159065_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! First UF I've seen on a Saiga rifle, good job. You know they have a recoil pad that is designed for that stock right?

Well I'm almost finished with my latest conversion and I must give big kudos to dinzag again for making some of the best parts available to us!

Here's my .308 that came with wood .308 furniture and a 21.8" barrel. I really liked it like that and was going to keep it like that until I got bit by the evil AK bug again and decided to take it to the Frankenlab. :devil:

I cut the barrel back to 16.1" and recrowned it correctly. Then threaded it to accept an adapter for this awesome brake I also got from dinzag. Thanks a bundle to dinzag for the use of your kits. You rock man! :smoke:

Also from dinzag... I got him to enlarge the ID on my factory FSB so I could install it farther back on the heavy barrel. Also had him add a peice of steel to the inside bottom of the cutout in the FSB so It could be drilled, and a detent plunger and spring could be added to index the brake and lock it.

Then finally, guess who custom made this AK lower HG retainer to fit the much larger barrel of the .308? Yep...dinzag! He is the man! Only hitch there was for some reason the one he first sent me that fits other S.308 barrels, was about .1" too small and would only slide partway up the barrel when I went to install it. Seems I got some kind of freak rifle with an extra heavy barrel! No prob though... :smoke:

Dinzag just told me to ship it back, I gave him the measurements he needed, and he made me a new one! Can't say enough good stuff about this guy!! :super:

Tapco G-2 trigger, polished to perfection and breaks like glass.

Used a modified Bulgie gas tube that works great. I prefer the ported ones.

I had some nice honey gold MAK furniture I really liked and found a perfectly matched PG at the gunshow. That was all I needed because I wanted this one to have a folder on it anyway. I chose to go with an Ace medium length stock and new style internal receiver block. The one inch recoil pad should be more than enough. I'll find out how she shoots this weekend!

Only a couple of last minute things remaining to do...I need to trim just a hair off the threaded end on my cleaning rod so it will fit in just behind the '74 brake and stay there. I might decide to do an whole refinish on the gun too using duracoat. For now though, It's good to go and I want to shoot it. I'm also planning to get a fully adjustable rear sight since this gun will mostly be used with the irons only.

Need to get out in the sun for some better pics too, but here she is so far....enjoy! :wub:

post-1293-1205419045_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1205419082_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1205419286_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1205419323_thumb.jpg

http://roguesecurity.com/AK.html (original)

Here is the latest updates on the "PSaiganov" (Saiga Based, PSL lookin', Dragunov wannabe) - now in "Stage 4".

Thanks to Dinzag, I have an RPK lower handgrip (Plum - Russian) that fits perfectly, no slop or movement. It is so much more comfortable than the stock grip and there is some meat to hang on to! I've also got the Dinzag FSB mod, Dinzag TAT 5/8-24 thread on the barrel, Dinzag 11* Crown, Dinzag Crush Washer (soon to be a Muzzle Nut) and a Tromix Shark Muzzle brake in 5/8-24 30 caliber.

I've been waiting for the crowning, muzzle brake and fore grip to be finished before I did another range report. Now that it is all put together, I got access to our local 300 yard outdoor range. Sighters at 25 yards (1" low and left of center first shot), then I shot at 100 yards (no pictures available - it is a closed range with only range personnel allowed to go forward of the firing line). The Groups spread to just over 3" at 100 yards from a rest and open sights. A scope is next and it will help a lot. Ammo is M1A2 7,62x51mm 147gr ball from 140 Round South African "Battle Packs".

Just so you know, the entire rifle was built on the kitchen counter - nothing but battery powered or hand tools.

Pix:

Friend with the PSaiganov

PSaiganov in case with muzzle cover (PVC) to keep the "Shark" from eating it's way out of the case.

25 yard target (4x digital zoom), two mags of 20 with one sight correction (1" right).

post-13-1205705803_thumb.jpg

post-13-1205705908.jpg

post-13-1205706693_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fredness

Here is the Saiga .308 that I recently finished converting. I think it looks pretty good, and it functions great. I would like to thank Dinzag for the awesome fire control group! In my opinion, anyone considering converting a Saiga .308 on their own should definitely buy Dinzag's modified FCG. With it, Dinzag effectively addresses ALL of the issues peculiar to the .308 internals, and it is a truly "drop-in" assembly. Also, the trigger pull is VERY smooth and quite light. With Dinzag's products, converting a Saiga .308 is really easy. This is not a commercial for Dinzag's products, but it is a testimonial. His products and service are top-notch.

Edited by hogdog

For those who might want to see it, here is my .308 from the other side. It's not the best picture quality; but if you can make out the safety lever, Dinzag modified that for me. By the way, Dinzag's addition of material to the right "leg" of the trigger results in the safety working perfectly without you having to get the safety lever itself modified, unless you want to for some other reason.

Edited by hogdog

Alright fella's, we've seen all types of clonesm and now here we have an SR9 clone. In short, EAT IT!:P The stock is from a yugo ak, highly retrofitted; a total pain. Will post a finished photo with scope tomorrow.

Its nothing more or additional on it, s308 with belarus low rise scope mount, barska scope, yugo thumbhole stock, and a simple romy trigger.

Picture35037x.jpg

the updated

Picture35054x.jpg

Edited by herr_cobblermachen
post-3965-1204503408_thumb.jpg

My (by now) Ho-hum.....308 w/ new glass.

Took the IOR 6x30 M2 Super off and tried this IOR 2.5-10x50. I think it's a keeper. Scope has FFP reticle, which I think I like.

Groups about 4"-5" at 100 yards. Probably time to pull a BoreSnake through the barrel...(been 2000 or so rounds...)

guido2 in Houston

Hey Guido, looks very nice! I have the Ace Socom also, but without the folding mechanism. From the pic. it looks like it has an upward angle on it. Two questions: Is that true, and Does it affect cheek weld/handling?

Thanks,

Acer

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, long time no post/read. New job has been keeping my very busy, but that doesn't mean I haven;t been able to hobby it up on the weekends.

22" was my first purchase, had it stock for a long while, then I picked up the 16", did a conversion, and had to do the 22" after that. 16" converted no problemo, ran into "the safety issue" with the 22" model. Still trying to get that bug worked out but I'm confident I'll have it fixed soon.

small.jpg

That's Nikon glass on a Belarus low-mount.

I used the dental floss method of re-installing the factory BHO, which made it a BREEZE. I highly recommend it.

The wooden furniture is a BRG3 set.

I have some of the 25rd'ers, but I prefer the look of the FBMG mags, which also have the advantage of fitting in my 4-mag and single-mag pouches.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a Saiga .308 with the long barrel that I converted to use a standard AK stock and grip. I also custom fitted an Entreprise FN FAL free float tube to the front of the rifle. I plan on moving the FSB back one pin from the end of the barrel and threading it to take FN FAL muzzle devices. I also need to touch up the finish.

saiga308.jpg

Edited by withergyld

here is my first conversion Saiga 308 . the front hand guard retainer is regular modified retainer with a ring a had turned. the front sight pushed back and threaded for the cetme flash hider. The old trigger guard was removed and old romy trigger was used. pistol grip hole was opened up to use standard pistol grips.

CIMG0034.jpg

CIMG0033.jpg

CIMG0032.jpg

CIMG0031.jpg

CIMG0030.jpg

Here are a couple pics of my work in progress. Still trying to decide on an approach to a muzzle break. Not sure if I want to buy one or make one. Used K-Var Warsaw length stock and Tapco pistol grip, trigger is Tapco G2, and modified standard Saiga handguard with cooling vents. I spray painted the furniture OD green after some light sanding to remove any seams.

DSCF0496.jpg

DSCF0491.jpg

Edited by Saigaczech
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is a Saiga .308 with the long barrel that I converted to use a standard AK stock and grip. I also custom fitted an Entreprise FN FAL free float tube to the front of the rifle. I plan on moving the FSB back one pin from the end of the barrel and threading it to take FN FAL muzzle devices. I also need to touch up the finish.

saiga308.jpg

Can you give us a headsup on how you fitted it?

:wub:

-REad

• 2 weeks later...