• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

My commie Marksman rifles.

Saiga .308 22"BBL= RSA 2-stage FCG, Surefire fore modified to fit a vented upper handguard, Ace stock, recrowed barrel with welded muzzle brake, Krebs Beryl rail with rear peep sight, Leupold QRW rings, FF II balistic plex scope wih illumination, Duracoat H&K black paint, mags with 10 RND modification. Best Groups just under 1 MOA at 100 yds (168gr matchking).

PSL = RSA 2-stage FCG, Blasted-sanded-and painted Gloss black. Best groups 1.6 MOA at 100 yds (7N1).

post-10946-1242765146_thumb.jpg

post-10946-1242765173_thumb.jpg

Here is my 16in Saiga .308 with RAA skeleton stock. I added a 4-8X42B POSP scope, Surefire TriRail Forearm Gen.2, Mako Tactical Vertical Grip/Bipod, and some Surefire 10-round mags (I <3 NY)

Eventually I might do the pistol grip conversion with a fixed AK stock and FCG as well... although it might be pretty tight on the eye relief... so I will have to ponder that. Just waiting on a sling swivel for the rail to attach my leather sling, and it will be complete for now :)

post-18208-1243298219_thumb.jpg

Edited by SovietGinger
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks great. Mean too, but whats with the AR monster(osity) Grip? im guessing you are in kalifornia, but i thought the idea of that grip was to attach to the stock to make it one piece, that doesnt look like it comes close to touching, and can you use it on a folding stock? man, im confused. :ded:

Looks about exactly what id like myself, other than that detail, good work regardless.

Looks great. Mean too, but whats with the AR monster(osity) Grip? im guessing you are in kalifornia, but i thought the idea of that grip was to attach to the stock to make it one piece, that doesnt look like it comes close to touching, and can you use it on a folding stock? man, im confused. :ded:

Looks about exactly what id like myself, other than that detail, good work regardless.

Yep, PRK. The idea of the MM grip is not to make it look like one piece, it is to prevent the thumb from grasping - per California definition of "pistol grip". The folding stock has been defeated with a custom made plug that prevents it from folding (of course, the plug can be removed in less than a minute with an Allen wrench, just as the mm grip can be swapped out for a real one in less than a minute).

Saiga .308 22"BBL= RSA 2-stage FCG, Surefire fore modified to fit a vented upper handguard, Ace stock, recrowed barrel with welded muzzle brake, Krebs Beryl rail with rear peep sight, Leupold QRW rings, FF II balistic plex scope wih illumination, Duracoat H&K black paint, mags with 10 RND modification. Best Groups just under 1 MOA at 100 yds (168gr matchking).

PSL = RSA 2-stage FCG, Blasted-sanded-and painted Gloss black. Best groups 1.6 MOA at 100 yds (7N1).

post-10946-1242765173_thumb.jpg

NICE rifles Desert Dog. I've got to get my hands on some 7N1 if your seeing 1.6 MOA at 100. 168gr Matchking, I've never heard of it. Reloads?

Addition to the family!! :devil::smoke::devil:

My first Saiga!! 308, 22in barrel!! And the rest of the family (pics are kinda crapy...sorry)

dscn0251.jpg

dscn0252y.jpg

dscn0253.jpg

Edited by Arik
Addition to the family!! :devil::smoke::devil:

My first Saiga!! 308, 22in barrel!! And the rest of the family (pics are kinda crapy...sorry)

dscn0251.jpg

dscn0252y.jpg

dscn0253.jpg

I have to ask. WHAT is that scope?

it's the enzyte 9 x 8,000

Osprey International 6-24x50. It only that long because I have both the 3in and the 5in sun shade things on it. If I didnt I'd loose them. Otherwise its as long as a standard scope

Here's my "Featureless" Kommiefornia S308

gallery_15019_317_217278.jpg

Detailed pic of the front showing my newly theaded AK74 style muzzle break from Dinzag and my barrel mounted quad with laser sight. I installed the rail on the handguard myself using a strip of accessory rail I found at my local gun shop.

gallery_15019_317_255732.jpg

Detailed pic of the back showing my thumbscrew mod for the SGM rail. I used a 1/4-20 screw insert on the stock from my local hardware store along with the thumbscrew. I also ovalled the hole a bit because the hole from SGM is off. It all centers nicely using a rubber cone washer on the thumb screw.

gallery_15019_317_116089.jpg

The muzzel break is indexed with teflon plumbers tape. Notice that I have deleted the FSB. I threaded the barrel all the way up to where it ramps up. Right now I have black electrical tape covering the excess threads. As soon as I get the crush washer and thread protector from Dinzag, I will have a properly finished barrel.

Edited by FrustratedInCali
  • 2 weeks later...

NICE rifles Desert Dog. I've got to get my hands on some 7N1 if your seeing 1.6 MOA at 100. 168gr Matchking, I've never heard of it. Reloads?

I have tried just about everything in my Saig-308. The Federal Gold 168gr matchkings beat all commercial and handloads I have shot in my Saiga. The best surplus ammo is the German DAG NATO stuff. Your gun may differ, but this stuff is worth trying.

post-10946-1246601797.jpg

Good luck finding 7N1 or Czech silvertip. Im down to my last cans of the stuff and cant find anymore. Some folks were claiming 1MOA out of their PSLs with 7N1, but mine will not do that.

Edited by desert dog
Saiga Newbie:

My Saiga .308...

Surefire Trirail Forearm, Surefire 25 round magazine, Tapco Buttstock, starting to look for a scope....

Saiga002.jpg

With the unconverted FCG doesnt the trigger hurt your finger? I've even got big hands and it was too much for me, i traded the tapco stock i got with the gun purchase to a friend with a Saiga 12 and he's put it to much better use.

how much is the RAA skeleton stock, and how much "modding" does it take to install it? is it something that i can put the factory stock back on if needed? i ask because im interested in it, because if i come back to commifornia and want to go pig hunting.... can i field install it? transport it with the factory one on.. and then when i get to the hunting ground... install it...

Edited by Gopher
With the unconverted FCG doesnt the trigger hurt your finger? I've even got big hands and it was too much for me, i traded the tapco stock i got with the gun purchase to a friend with a Saiga 12 and he's put it to much better use.

I plan to modify the trigger, the angle of the pistol grip makes the pull of the trigger a little awkward.

fossten, hey no fair! you got a cooler p-grip than me!

i would love to put a galil type front handguard on mine but i want to still use the bipod.

any suggestions?

Mayba a barrel clamp bipod?

fossten, hey no fair! you got a cooler p-grip than me!

i would love to put a galil type front handguard on mine but i want to still use the bipod.

any suggestions?

Maybe a barrel clamp bipod?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought i would throw in my SHTF group of guns. Wont go into a lot of detail but the x39 is for the wife who is also pretty good with the revolver. Of course that 308 is my bad boy along with the 45. Just run of the mill stuff only thing that might be rare is the scout mount and LER scope. Mag for the 308 is the 20rd steel one cs is making.

shtfguns.JPG

100_0136.JPG

Heavily modded UTG forarm (I don't trust it)

Dinzag's front handguard retainer (The man is a genius)

Tapco Pistol Grip - OD Green

Tapco composite T6 tube (canabalized it off an old T6 stock)

Command Arms T6 stock - OD Green

Command Arms Adjustable Cheek Piece (Very Impressed with this)

UTG Rail Covers - OD Green

5 Russian "8 round" mags with 10 round modification

Planned Future Mods:

Ace Receiver Block - No Tang Cut (aquired)

AR Buffer Tube for CAA Stock to slide on (aquired)

Ace Hinge

Ace Adapter for AR buffer tube.

Need a good Magazine Bag!

Sorry, Edited to add: Simmons Variable Power Pistol Scope

Edited by Vermiform