• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

With the .308 mostly complete(except for the forend I'll have to add to keep in compliance once I get HiCap mags) I thought I'd put up some pics of the weapons I plan to use if any bad business ever comes down.

-Saiga .308 battle rifle

-Glock 30 .45ACP sidearm

-Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm ccw

DSC02552.jpg

DSC02550.jpg

DSC02547.jpg

DSC02555.jpg

DSC02549.jpg

• Like 1

[

I have been aiming for the coveted title of "Ugliest and Most Impractical AK in the World". :osama:

Looking to get new furniture but budget constraints have forced an old bulgy stock on it for the meantime. Still psyched ,if for no other reason than a decent trigger. Baby steps

smerdyakov2.jpg

Edited by opoche
  • 2 weeks later...

Changed out all Saiga furniture.

Before picture all Tapco polymer.

After picture Kvar handguard and Tiger Imports Stock on Saiga .308

All other Furniture changed to new TimberSmith from Tapco.

Stocks are about 5/8" longer than Warsaw stocks and not as long as Nato.

TimberSmith fit and finish is excellent....well worth the $$$

Before:

SaigaConversions11-22-09.jpg

After:

Saiga06-06-10-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

s308small.jpg

Nothing real special on this gun. Taking the sporter cover plate off was a pain. Two rivets AND two spot welds. I am going to put a 2-7X scope on it soon.

- KVar NATO length stock

- Hogue pistol grip

- G2 trigger group from CSS

- RAM trigger guard

- RAM tactical catch

- A couple of each aftermarket mag (they all seem to work fine)

jrmock

Edited by jrmock
  • Like 1

-Tapco G2 single hook

-Tapco Intrafuse handguard

-Tapco SAW grip

-Tapco T6 collapsible stock

-Tapco Intrafuse stubby forward grip

-Rear peep sight leaf

In the works......

-Surefire G2L w/ a Malkoff Devices' M60 drop-in, in a VTAC offset mount

-Have the front sight pushed back and the barrel threaded for a compensator/flash hider

-1-4x?? illuminated reticle optic (not decided which one yet)

post-9683-039835500 1277609468_thumb.jpg

post-9683-026898100 1277609483_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

s308small.jpg

Nothing real special on this gun. Taking the sporter cover plate off was a pain. Two rivets AND two spot welds. I am going to put a 2-7X scope on it soon.

- KVar NATO length stock

- Hogue pistol grip

- RAM trigger guard

- RAM tactical catch

jrmock

Simple and to the point. Looks good man. How do you like the G2 trigger from CSS?

s308small.jpg

- KVar NATO length stock

- Hogue pistol grip

- RAM trigger guard

- RAM tactical catch

jrmock

Simple and to the point. Looks good man. How do you like the G2 trigger from CSS?

It works great. I function tested the rifle after I converted it a couple of weeks ago. I shot two boxes of ammo through all of those magazines. Everything worked fine. The trigger and safety all work just right.

As an aside, the polymer mags fit pretty tight. The csspecs magazine works fine but the rear catch tab does not touch the receiver. Weird. Of the three aftermarket magazines, I like the fit of the Promag the best.

jrmock

• Like 1

s308small.jpg

- KVar NATO length stock

- Hogue pistol grip

- RAM trigger guard

- RAM tactical catch

jrmock

It works great. I function tested the rifle after I converted it a couple of weeks ago. I shot two boxes of ammo through all of those magazines. Everything worked fine. The trigger and safety all work just right.

As an aside, the polymer mags fit pretty tight. The csspecs magazine works fine but the rear catch tab does not touch the receiver. Weird. Of the three aftermarket magazines, I like the fit of the Promag the best.

jrmock

Yeah I had some issues with my polymer mags at first, but after slamming in the mags several times, they fit much better and work very well. I've currently got a couple 20 rd mags, and the standard 8 rd. I'm looking for a 25 rd mag for the range...does Promag make a 25 rd?

The csspecs magazine works fine but the rear catch tab does not touch the receiver. Weird

Correct. They will likely only contact on 1 out of every 3 rifles give or take. Otherwise everyone would have to file them to fit.

Example:

Yeah I had some issues with my polymer mags at first, but after slamming in the mags several times, they fit much better and work very well.

This works with polys, metal you would be beating until doomsday.

Here's my Saiga .308 for your viewing pleasure. These pics are 1280X960 so there is lots of detail if you save and zoom. Mike Patterson's signature dustcover ears. He did all the tig work and is new to this forum so let's give him a welcome here. Factory rear sight opening tigged closed and finished. 1913 Picatinny rail, custom Weaver mounts for back-up sights, CAA modular pistol grip with target palm shelf, Magpul PRS butt stock, MBUS, Ace folding mechanisim, Mississippi Auto Arms receiver block/stock adapter, Harris bipod, barrel shortened to 21" with 11 degree target crown, Galil sniper muzzle brake, Galil magazine release, fabricated Galil Micro style charging handle. Tapco G2 FCG. FCG pin retention plate. My Israeli government contract scope. More pics on Photobucket at http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/2450paul/Saiga%20308%20Strategic/?start=all the first 25 pics are before Mike tigged the bases for the MBUS and the ears that make doing a dustcover scope mount rock solid with a positive return to zero. Mike and I built this for me but I may be going to sell it to help start up my Polymer Grip Profiling business. Thanks, Paul G. Peek

post-2332-054668700 1279976186_thumb.jpg

post-2332-093492400 1279976221_thumb.jpg

post-2332-081419300 1279976304_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2450paul
  • Like 4

Here's my Saiga .308 for your viewing pleasure. These pics are 1280X960 so there is lots of detail if you save and zoom. Mike Patterson's signature dustcover ears. 1913 Picatinny rail, Magpul PRS butt stock, MBUS, Harris bipod, Galil sniper muzzle brake, Galil magazine release, fabricated Galil Micro style charging handle.Tapco G2 FCG. FCG pin retention plate. My Israeli government contract scope. More pics on Photobucket. I built this for me with Mike Pattersons help but may be going to sell it to help start up my Polymer Grip Profiling business. Thanks, Paul G. Peek

Very Very nice.....Now thats my type of S308....

Just picked up Janis about 5pm Friday for my passionate night of sleeping with her.. (tradition here) :lolol:

Next morning took her to the range (factory dressed an FCG).. and managed a 2" group from a bag rest at 100 yards..

post-8775-006665700 1280063415_thumb.jpg

Then took her home and undressed her.. :devil: Tapco G2 (modded by me including a washer to center the trigger).

After a dead rotatry tool and wait for dremel to arrive back.. (scope is for show, getting a different type)

post-8775-096470700 1280063436_thumb.jpg

Waiting on csspecs mag and parts.. Also getting a 24m flashider for her from Boba... and better/bigger scope..

These Saiga's are never DONE.. :smoke:

Albert