This is the tacked 308 picture thread.

Here's my Saiga .308 for your viewing pleasure. These pics are 1280X960 so there is lots of detail if you save and zoom. Mike Patterson's signature dustcover ears. 1913 Picatinny rail, Magpul PRS butt stock, MBUS, Harris bipod, Galil sniper muzzle brake, Galil magazine release, fabricated Galil Micro style charging handle.Tapco G2 FCG. FCG pin retention plate. My Israeli government contract scope. More pics on Photobucket. I built this for me with Mike Pattersons help but may be going to sell it to help start up my Polymer Grip Profiling business. Thanks, Paul G. Peek

Very Very nice.....Now thats my type of S308....

Thank you sir! After I shot it in a little with some Wolf I shot 3 groups with Federal Premium Match Grade ammo 168 gr. BTHP at 100 hards. The best group was 1 1/6" center to center. The tight group surprised me since I didn't know these beast could shoot that well. I think that could be improved with an adjustable trigger. Thanks again, Paul G. Peek

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

Here's my Saiga .308 for your viewing pleasure. These pics are 1280X960 so there is lots of detail if you save and zoom. Mike Patterson's signature dustcover ears. He did all the tig work and is new to this forum so let's give him a welcome here. Factory rear sight opening tigged closed and finished. 1913 Picatinny rail, custom Weaver mounts for back-up sights, CAA modular pistol grip with target palm shelf, Magpul PRS butt stock, MBUS, Ace folding mechanisim, Mississippi Auto Arms receiver block/stock adapter, Harris bipod, barrel shortened to 21" with 11 degree target crown, Galil sniper muzzle brake, Galil magazine release, fabricated Galil Micro style charging handle. Tapco G2 FCG. FCG pin retention plate. My Israeli government contract scope. More pics on Photobucket at http://s25.photobuck...egic/?start=all the first 25 pics are before Mike tigged the bases for the MBUS and the ears that make doing a dustcover scope mount rock solid with a positive return to zero. Mike and I built this for me but I may be going to sell it to help start up my Polymer Grip Profiling business. Thanks, Paul G. Peek

Great looking .308 man. :up: Love the Galil muzzle break.:killer:

Heres an update..

• Added Bushnell 3-9x40 Scope with BDC Cam for 100-450 yard settings in 50 yard increments..
  • Weaver Dual Clamp 1" rings..
  • Csspecs 15 Round Metal Mag..
  • Got 24m Flash Hider to be put on later this year.. (time to thread it)..

post-8775-062991100 1280453505_thumb.jpg

Few more things to ponder... now I just want to shoot er' . :killer:

Here's my Saiga .308 for your viewing pleasure. These pics are 1280X960 so there is lots of detail if you save and zoom. Mike Patterson's signature dustcover ears. He did all the tig work and is new to this forum so let's give him a welcome here. Factory rear sight opening tigged closed and finished. 1913 Picatinny rail, custom Weaver mounts for back-up sights, CAA modular pistol grip with target palm shelf, Magpul PRS butt stock, MBUS, Ace folding mechanisim, Mississippi Auto Arms receiver block/stock adapter, Harris bipod, barrel shortened to 21" with 11 degree target crown, Galil sniper muzzle brake, Galil magazine release, fabricated Galil Micro style charging handle. Tapco G2 FCG. FCG pin retention plate. My Israeli government contract scope. More pics on Photobucket at http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/2450paul/Saiga%20308%20Strategic/?start=all the first 25 pics are before Mike tigged the bases for the MBUS and the ears that make doing a dustcover scope mount rock solid with a positive return to zero. Mike and I built this for me but I may be going to sell it to help start up my Polymer Grip Profiling business. Thanks, Paul G. Peek

How are those higher sights working out for you? Are they too high to shoot close range? I've always thought of something similar to this. Great rifle!

With the adjustable cheek piece on the PRS stock they will work out fine.I just started sighting them in when it was time for the range to close. I'm going back soon so I'll give you an update. Thanks for the compliment. Paul

post-25899-091027100 1280801986_thumb.jpgI just got my Saiga back from being converted. My friend, who owns a local gun store here in TN, custom makes muzzle breaks/flash suppressors. The trigger pull is really nice now. Not sure what he used for a trigger. Standard DPMS collapsible stock. Some before and after shots, and a close up of the muzzle break. Sorry for the poor camera quality, just used my cell phone. post-25899-091027100 1280801986_thumb.jpg

Awesome muzzle brake! Looks like a totally different rifle with the conversion. I know your proud of that.

Yes I am! It feels like a totally different rifle. Feels much more balanced, and call me crazy, but it feels lighter. Thanks man! :super:

Sorry I messed up my post.

What break is that?

My friend custom made it for me. He was proud of that one. He claims it's a hybrid muzzle break/flash suppressor. Never really heard of that, but we'll see how well it works. He tig welded it to the sight, but left me the option to be able to remove the sight/muzzle break if I choose to later. He did a great job. Cera coated everything afterward. Can't wait to shoot it. :killer:

Here's a slightly better pic:

post-25899-067964000 1280855506_thumb.jpg

Just picked up this Saiga 308 last month. Added a Tapco stock and Surefire mags. Scope and mount were picked up from Sportsman Guide. The scope is a cheapy and will be replaced, but the mount seems to be okay. The cheek rest was just some pipe insulation I had out in the shop, but works just fine.

I really like the look of the trigger group, moved foward of the factory location. Is there a parts kit for that or that a gunsmith only modification?

post-26212-029103800 1280972126_thumb.jpg

post-26212-025256700 1280972145_thumb.jpg

Just picked up this Saiga 308 last month. Added a Tapco stock and Surefire mags. Scope and mount were picked up from Sportsman Guide. The scope is a cheapy and will be replaced, but the mount seems to be okay. The cheek rest was just some pipe insulation I had out in the shop, but works just fine.

I really like the look of the trigger group, moved foward of the factory location. Is there a parts kit for that or that a gunsmith only modification?

Looks good man. Love the furniture. I would most definitely convert your S308. I had the same Tapco T-6 stock before I converted mine, and the trigger group sucked. It's like a new gun when you converted. You can buy an FCG and do the conversion yourself. I had a guy convert mine...only cost me $125 for the parts and conversion.

• 3 weeks later...

Heres my Janis... S308 with 21" bbl..

Found a factory wood S308 handguard and stained it Golden Pecan.

Drag type wood stock...(stained to match the HG above)

csspecs 15 round mag and 2 factory 10 round mags w/csspecs followers and floorplates.

DPMS AR-10 Muzzle Brake for 308s (HUGE thanks to Dinzag for bore/rethreading to 17x1 for me)

Bushnell Banner BDC 3-9x40 Scope w/cam for the 308 caliber...

Threaded the bbl 17x1 with Dinzag rental.. and had him also ream the FSB out for me to slide it back on.. :super:

post-8775-065093800 1283124039_thumb.jpg

post-8775-015152300 1283123941_thumb.jpg

post-8775-025471800 1283123953_thumb.jpg

And the best part is I managed a 6 shot 7"x7" group at 315 yards this weekend FROM KNEELING :killer:

She is finally done.. now it time to plow thru the 500 rounds of ammo I just got..

MANY thanks to DInzag..

Albert

Heres my Janis... S308 with 21" bbl..

Found a factory wood S308 handguard and stained it Golden Pecan.

Drag type wood stock...(stained to match the HG above)

csspecs 15 round mag and 2 factory 10 round mags w/csspecs followers and floorplates.

DPMS AR-10 Muzzle Brake for 308s (HUGE thanks to Dinzag for bore/rethreading to 17x1 for me)

Bushnell Banner BDC 3-9x40 Scope w/cam for the 308 caliber...

Threaded the bbl 17x1 with Dinzag rental.. and had him also ream the FSB out for me to slide it back on.. :super:

post-8775-065093800 1283124039_thumb.jpg

post-8775-015152300 1283123941_thumb.jpg

post-8775-025471800 1283123953_thumb.jpg

And the best part is I managed a 6 shot 7"x7" group at 315 yards this weekend FROM KNEELING :killer:

She is finally done.. now it time to plow thru the 500 rounds of ammo I just got..

MANY thanks to DInzag..

Albert

Looks damn good, I think you have made me decide to go ahead and get mine threaded, just as soon as money is available for it.

is that timbersmith wood? looks good, which do you perfer since you have all three?

Changed out all Saiga furniture.

Before picture all Tapco polymer.

After picture Kvar handguard and Tiger Imports Stock on Saiga .308

All other Furniture changed to new TimberSmith from Tapco.

Stocks are about 5/8" longer than Warsaw stocks and not as long as Nato.

TimberSmith fit and finish is excellent....well worth the $$$

Before:

SaigaConversions11-22-09.jpg

After:

Saiga06-06-10-1.jpg

Chile, that v21 is gorgeous. Is that the Vortex Viper on top? swfa has the 2-7 on sale for $169 and I've been looking for a scope for my 21". It seems like a raging deal considering the other Viper scopes run $350-$375. How do you like it? decent glass?

vortex1-1.jpg

Chile, that v21 is gorgeous. Is that the Vortex Viper on top? swfa has the 2-7 on sale for $169 and I've been looking for a scope for my 21". It seems like a raging deal considering the other Viper scopes run $350-$375. How do you like it? decent glass?

vortex1-1.jpg

Yes, its a Vortex Viper 2-7x32, and I bought at the SWFA sale price.... And I'm very pleased with it.

See this thread, http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=51221&view=findpost&p=548034

One more different angle, got the SGM stock and pistol grip, SGM Rail on front, Surefire Mags and a UTG scope mount from CSS, still need to install my Tromix G2 trigger stuff and gaspiston I got from CSS as well. Got a Barsa tactical scope for the time being, would not recommend it for this rifle but waiting on my POSP that is on backorder and aiming to get me a SWF SS tactical later down the road. Also got me a military specc grip pod system on front, just love those since Iraq, so handy. Been blasting off with Tula rounds that are dirt cheap right now on www.aim.com , my little beast seems to like them ok and she better since I got a case of 1000 rounds for her. I am so hooked so next in line is a 21" in the wood stock configuration and a Saiga 12 for any home intruders added pleasure. Also need me a prettyblast hider for the front since this beast is a damn flamer on the range, been wondering if I can get it threated for such a thing that would hold a silencer as well in the future, I like that concept. post-26718-058158800 1284177052_thumb.jpg

Freshly minted 21" conversion, I bought the rifle less than a month ago. Just got the mount in today and scavenged a TruGlo red dot off my lever action. Looks good, now to go get it sighted in :)

I'll mount a magnifying scope on there as soon as funds allow. Last pic is of the thumper and the peashooter (GSG-5) together. Aside from the scope and eventually getting the barrel recrowned I think this is how the 308 is going to stay. Skipping the muzzle brake/flash hider since it would have to be welded on (NY state) and the recoil is nothing with the 1" ACE pad on there.

21" 308-1

Dinzag'd Tapco G2 FCG

SAW pistol grip

9.5" Ace fixed stock with an internal receiver block and cheek riser

cheapo Walmart bipod

TruGlo red/green dot

post-26333-013613900 1284233854_thumb.jpg

post-26333-099005800 1284233863_thumb.jpg

post-26333-099738300 1284233871_thumb.jpg

post-26333-079532500 1284233879_thumb.jpg

Time for a change.. mostly for USE and not just 'dressing' her up..

Between the 1/2" lost on eye relief with the 'Drag' stock.. and the fact I got a new MDArms 'Molot' pistol grip in today... and I think (not sure yet) the heat from the wood handguard may/may not affect accuracy.. (was shooting tighter groups with the factory Poly)...

I re-cycled my old 762x39 Poly Triangular Stock (not folding) which added a STRAIGHT ledge for cheek-weld and 3/8" for length for the scope.. which is wrapped in 1 piece of 550 rope.. died a dark RED.. :super:

post-8775-047331900 1284774047_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just made the FCG changes today.

post-26212-050299600 1285623612_thumb.jpg

post-26212-062242800 1285623625_thumb.jpg