• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

Is your wood really that much darker than mine, and other's?

I'd love to see another pic in full sunlight, some really showing the grain/patterning.

I really wub my ver.21. :wub:

Not sure if it's just the lighting -- the flash and photoshop didn't really improve things. It looks darker like the Saiga-Ms, eh?. I'll try to get an outdoor photo as soon as it stops raining.

Just picked up this Saiga 308 last month. Added a Tapco stock and Surefire mags. Scope and mount were picked up from Sportsman Guide. The scope is a cheapy and will be replaced, but the mount seems to be okay. The cheek rest was just some pipe insulation I had out in the shop, but works just fine.

I really like the look of the trigger group, moved foward of the factory location. Is there a parts kit for that or that a gunsmith only modification?

Well I made the FCG mod, and put on a nicer feeling grip.

post-26212-077782400 1285890432_thumb.jpg

post-26212-002874500 1285890453_thumb.jpg

Just picked up this Saiga 308 last month. Added a Tapco stock and Surefire mags. Scope and mount were picked up from Sportsman Guide. The scope is a cheapy and will be replaced, but the mount seems to be okay. The cheek rest was just some pipe insulation I had out in the shop, but works just fine.

I really like the look of the trigger group, moved foward of the factory location. Is there a parts kit for that or that a gunsmith only modification?

Well I made the FCG mod, and put on a nicer feeling grip.

That looks a million times better CJS3.

• 2 weeks later...

Did post here for a while. Got new thumbhole stock. Probably should have used different color and make the cheek wall thinner. :unsure:

IMG_1263-vi.jpg

IMG_1268-vi.jpg

What type of magazine is that? Is that a do it yourselfer, or are those available for sale?

Converted M14. DIY

Here's the latest incarnation of my little DMR. Had a gunsmith shorten the barrel by two inches and thread it for 5/8"x24. Installed a Yankee Hill Machine Phantom flash hider. Sorry about the image quality. My pictures are usually much better, but I am letting someone borrow my "real" camera right now and had to use my phone to take these.

post-10789-0-07289900-1288221191_thumb.jpg post-10789-0-22901500-1288221245_thumb.jpg

Which rail is that, is it the CNC Warrior rail?

Looks almost like the actual polish beryl rail.

What, if any, is the clearance between scope and rail?

Oh yeah... Nice ver.21 :smoke:

Lighter color than my and other ver.21s.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Which rail is that, is it the CNC Warrior rail?

Looks like the actual polish beryl rail almost.

What, if any, is the clearance between scope and rail?

Oh yeah... Nice ver.21 :smoke:

Lighter color than my and other ver.21s.

Yep, it's the CNC Warrior/DPH Arms quick detach rail. It has both logos engraved on it.

The scope is on low rings. I wanted to mount it as low as I could. I actually filed down the rear of the rail somewhat so the ocular lens would fit. There's still not a hell of a lot of clearance, but there's some. Maybe a millimeter. That rail is quite stout though, so I'm not too worried about flex.

My ostrich-like neck necessitated that I mount the scope as far forward as it is. This combination makes it kind of a pain to clean because I can BARELY get the dust cover off with the amount the rail raises up. Luckily the guts don't need to be cleaned that often. I just get her lubed up and slide my rod down the muzzle end. Don't worry, I always use protection.

As far as the color goes, I think it's just the lighting or the camera. It's dark and crappy here today, the floor lamp in my living room is fluorescent, and the flash glares off the wood a little. All the the pictures came out lighter than it actually looks, and you can't really see the grain. Looks about the same color as the pictures of yours, though the grain on yours is a little nicer.

Otherwise, it has the RSA trigger (which took a little modification to fit), and the rockmount bipod (which took a little modification to fit where it's mounted). Scope is a Bushnell 3200 elite 3x9.

Ok, Here it is. Pretty much done. Need to sight in the new FSB and find me a good scope and bipod.

post-24335-0-75302100-1288714632_thumb.jpg

Saiga 308

Dinzag:

FCG

modified OD green Kvar ware

modified gas tube

74 FSB

bolt on lower HG retainer

AK103.com 74 Brake made for 308

modified cleaning rod

MD Malot Grip

and a sissy butt pad ;) works great!

Much Thanks to Dinzag for all the help

And The Saiga12Forum!

• Like 1

Neat work! That short forearm makes the barrel look really long. The OD green furniture looks great too. I just gave my Tupperware a once-over in OD green today.

Thanks! I put some good effort and $ into this build. Have a sling and Bipod on the way. Currently looking for a decent scope and 20 round mags that wont brake the bank.

Cant go wrong with ODG tupperware :super:

• 3 weeks later...

I finally converted mine...

dscf5113.jpg

dscf5115.jpg

Parts list:

• Dinzag modified Tapco G2 trigger group
  • K-Var NATO length buttstock
  • Hogue pistol grip
  • RAM trigger guard
  • SGM Tactical front handguard
  • Texas Weapon Systems scope rail
  • Blackhawk cheek pad
  • Sightron S1 scope
  • Jetbeam RRT-2 Q3 Warm tint flashlight w/ remote switch on an offset mount

I had to drill both holes for the trigger guard and do a little fitting to buttstock tang, but all in all it only took a couple of hours. I'd like to shorten the barrel to 20" and add a compensator, but I haven't gotten that brave yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't the barrel already 20" length? Regardless, excellent job on your rifle/covert.

The stock long barrel is 22" (actually 21.8" inches, but close enough). I'd like to go 20" or even 18" to optimize for overall length while not subjecting myself to the muzzle blast of the 16" barrel. I think the M1A barrel is 18.5" so I know that length works. Maybe someday I'll get my poop in a group and give it a go, until then I'm pretty happy with what I've got now.