• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

Been a LONG while since I was here. I am really happy with my latest buys of a Draco and converted Saiga 308. What do you all think. The only thing I would like to get is a flash kill. Does that $170 SMG muzzle break that bolts onto the sight block really work well or not. What about recoil reduction. It sure is pricey.

SaigaDraco.jpg

First Saiga, pretty much stock with 4x-8x POSP. Going to leave it stock although I would love some wood (sportarized) furniture for it. I have a 7.62x39 and .223 on the way and look forward to converting them.

post-33712-0-91208700-1305674594_thumb.jpg

Edited by GunMonger
  • Like 1

Been I long time since I posted up in here, good to see some of the old crew is still around. Just finished converting my old 308 that I have had in stock wood for years, figgered it was time for a change and some decent trigger feel...

post-4069-0-33369800-1306112087_thumb.jpg

and for giggles here's the old shotgun in some veru early BRG3 wood...

post-4069-0-14602100-1306112145_thumb.jpg

Big thanks to Greg for all his super quick shipping and patience with my questions.

My newly 3/4 finished Saiga .308 (My other woman)

All she needs now is a muzzle brake. Haven't had the time or narrowed down the right brake.

Also, the method of attachment for the Carolina Shooters Supply Tri-Rail as well as a Uinta 20 round magazine.

The rear portion is a Magpul UBR stock as well as an ACE internal adapter and AR stock adapter.

Happy with ALL products as well as companies that supplied the products used.

post-21780-0-94991800-1306114942_thumb.jpg

post-21780-0-67793700-1306114962_thumb.jpg

post-21780-0-11419400-1306114973_thumb.jpg

My .308 with bells & whistles.... and I know...convert convert convert...laterpost-24333-0-24775200-1292349379_thumb.jpg

I plan on converting this to AK configuration, PG where it SHOULD be FINALLY!

You guys all gave the the confidence to go ahead with convering my .308. My 7.62 will be next after the .308

Well I think my .308 is done...for now at least. THANK YOU ALL for telling me to convert to PG. It's like a whole different rifle.. 308 is the easiest but I am now getting ready to do my 7.62.

post-24333-0-28885500-1306181554_thumb.jpg

post-24333-0-45017900-1306181570_thumb.jpg

post-24333-0-78852600-1306181795_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berzerker2

just got my 308 last week on trade. traded a bike i paid 900 for originally for the saiga, 400 rounds of australian 7.62, and $700. pretty good deal if you ask me. so far all i've done is add a bi-pod to it. eventually i want to do the trigger mod to it.

DSCN1892.jpg

DSCN1890.jpg

DSCN1894.jpg

just got my 308 last week on trade. traded a bike i paid 900 for originally for the saiga, 400 rounds of australian 7.62, and $700. pretty good deal if you ask me. so far all i've done is add a bi-pod to it. eventually i want to do the trigger mod to it.

Id say very good deal

Get the conversion underway & you're all set

Cheers

Harv

That's a Bushmaster muzzle brake. I worked on the trigger to make it lighter and crisper.

I'm in Foley, so we're not that far apart.

do all you want to the factory trigger but it will still be crap. just my 2 cents.

I didn't find the stock trigger all that bad, really. Just a long and odd pull, but certainly workable in a pinch. Hell, I have met guys who actually changed a stock Glock trigger to the 8 lb. NY kit because they preferred it. Different strokes.

Here's my latest iteration ... 18" barrel, PWS FSC30 brake, K-var NATO length stock and rubber pad, Tac Ops stock pack, Nikon Monarch 3-10 mildot scope, blah blah blah ...

Shot two sub 1" groups Monday morning but only for three rounds, then they opened up. But it looks like I have finally gotten it to 2 MOA for ten, which has always been the goal. Glad I didn't give up on it. The target in the pic is not from Monday, though. That was zeroing with my bolt gun loads, which formerly shot 5" groups thru the Saiga but now do around 2".

S308_post_smithing.jpg

What buttstock is that? BTW hello all, first post, I'm in the process of buying a 21'' .308 saiga so I figured I'd join the forum :)

• 2 weeks later...

First Saiga, pretty much stock with 4x-8x POSP. Going to leave it stock although I would love some wood (sportarized) furniture for it. I have a 7.62x39 and .223 on the way and look forward to converting them.

updated, couldn't stand the trigger so i converted it nothing fancy.

- Arsenal 2 stage trigger

- Tapco Stock / Hogue Grip (probably replacing with Choate stock soon)

- OD duracoat

post-33712-0-33266700-1308432284_thumb.jpg

Edited by GunMonger
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SICK RIFLE NICE SET-UP LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE MINE, GOOD TASTE...LOL...EXCEPT I OPTED FOR THE MAGPUL ACS INSTEAD OF THE UBR...TOO DAM EXPENSIVE FOR THE UBR ALTHOUGH IT WAS MY ORIGINAL PLAN.....CANT DENY THAT UBR IS BAD ASS THO, AND THE ACE ADAPTER IS THE BEST IN MY OPINION [EVEN BETTER THAN WELD ON PLATE] PLUS IT ALINES THE STOCK WITH BARREL, I CANT STAND WHEN THE STOCK SLOPES DOWN THAT LOOKS LIKE SHIT AND IT DEFINITELY ISNT GOOD FOR FUNCTIONALITY... GOTTA LOVE CSS

My newly 3/4 finished Saiga .308 (My other woman)

All she needs now is a muzzle brake. Haven't had the time or narrowed down the right brake.

Also, the method of attachment for the Carolina Shooters Supply Tri-Rail as well as a Uinta 20 round magazine.

The rear portion is a Magpul UBR stock as well as an ACE internal adapter and AR stock adapter.

Happy with ALL products as well as companies that supplied the products used.

HEY WHAT KIND OF FRONT HAND GAURD IS THAT...NICE LOOK

post-1742-1172544331_thumb.jpgpost-1742-1172544511_thumb.jpg here is my freshly dura coated 308 thanks dinzag and vjor for all your help :killer:

Its a standard Saiga handguard that has been modified.

Folks create their own style by drilling vent holes or slots, trimming itg to different shapes, etc.

Just do your own thing. If you screw up, just look around for a used one cheap on line somewhere and try again.

Cheers,

Harv

post-34048-0-99193400-1313729847_thumb.jpg

SAIGA IZHMASH MODEL IZ-139

KVAR NATO LENGTH AK SYNTH STOCK

TAPCO SAW STYLE GRIP

TAPCOI INTRAFUSE FRONT STOCK

SCOUT RAIL

VORTEX RED DOT

RAM TRIGGER GUARD

MAGOUL AFG

DINZAG / ARSENAL 2-STAGE FIRE CONTROL GROUP

Edited by Bagels
  • 2 weeks later...

I just put a YHM Phantom 5C2 on my 16" 308. I bought the 5/8 x 24 and re-threaded it to 17x1. As soon as the weather and time permits I plan on doing a night shoot video with and without it to show the difference. I know it is working to some extent because now I am unable to see the fireball in full daylight like I could before....but only a night shoot will really show how much it works.

The 5C2 is a flash hider/compensator. The way it accomplishes the "brake" action is by redirecting the gasses upward to reduce muzzle climb. It is indexed and it does not have slots on the bottom to prevent kicking up dust or dirt when firing from a prone position.

I have been wanting that YHM comp for 2 years, did you thread the barrel yourself, or have it done?

It's a Scout Scopes mount. Didn't quite get the eye relief I needed for my Nikon Monarch, EER, so I put the old glass on it. Seems pretty solid and the balance seems better on the rifle.

If you want a good scout scope try a leupold IER It worked great on my mosin with a scout mount. I got one I might be willing to part with if your interested