This is the tacked 308 picture thread.

It's a Scout Scopes mount. Didn't quite get the eye relief I needed for my Nikon Monarch, EER, so I put the old glass on it. Seems pretty solid and the balance seems better on the rifle.

If you want a good scout scope try a leupold IER It worked great on my mosin with a scout mount. I got one I might be willing to part with if your interested

Oh so tempted, but after replacing 2 car batteries, a clutch and a washing machine this week...Let's just say I value my marriage more right now. Thanks!

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

First Saiga, pretty much stock with 4x-8x POSP. Going to leave it stock although I would love some wood (sportarized) furniture for it. I have a 7.62x39 and .223 on the way and look forward to converting them.

Gosh if you convert ANY of those, the .308 should be the first as that trigger set up is horrible. It's also the easiest of them to convert.

I love my saiga 308! Recently acquired mine couple months ago and have been hurting my wallet stocking and shooting ammo . Along with the ever present need to accessorize and now the news of a 50 round drum mag due to hit the market. Just wanted to make my first post and share my progress.

2002 saiga 308

Already converted

Ak-74 brake weld on

Utg grip

Utg quick release scope mount

Not sure of fcg make or stock but seems good

Bsa 3x9x40 temporary

NCSTAR quick release green dot

Quake contour sling not on in current pic

20 rd fbmg,25 rd sure fire,24 rd promag,factory 8 rd

20 rd uinita mags on my wish list along with 50 rd drum mag

post-36604-0-13663000-1316643818_thumb.jpg

I love my saiga 308! Recently acquired mine couple months ago and have been hurting my wallet stocking and shooting ammo . Along with the ever present need to accessorize and now the news of a 50 round drum mag due to hit the market. Just wanted to make my first post and share my progress.

2002 saiga 308

Already converted

Ak-74 brake weld on

Utg grip

Bsa 3x9x40 temporary

Looks Great!

I'll bet those .308 drums will weigh a ton...

2002 saiga 308

Already converted

Ak-74 brake weld on

Utg grip

Bsa 3x9x40 temporary

Looks Great!

I'll bet those .308 drums will weigh a ton...

Yeah I'm sure it'll be heavy but couldn't be much worse than a saiga 12 with barrel mag loaded with slugs or xxx buckshot so its manageable I'm sure if u ever needed to pump that much lead down range. Those mags are suppose to hit the first of the year .

Edited by funkytrain
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a current pic of my .308... I ditched the Choate stock and did a pistol grip conversion:

were3081.jpg

That's one of the newer Leupold made Redfields in 3x9 on a TWS rail using Burris see-through rings. I wasn't real happy about the height of the scope, but it was necessary for the dog leg to clear the objective, and at least it did allow me to retain the use of iron sights if necessary. FBMG/Uinta magazine, US Palm grip, and Werewolf chrome-moly stock with adjustable cheek rest and slip-on Limbsaver pad and the standard Ace hinge. Adapter block from CNC Warrior. That's a Brownell's quick-adjustable Latigo Sling, and the factory forend has been modified to take a standard QD sling mount. Trigger group is an RSA adjustable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post-8215-0-21739200-1320727102.jpg

Saiga with TWS top cover, Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 mounted using Game Reaper off set base.

Needed to radius bottom of mount over the dogleg to clear.

Will be having a Russian side folder added and a YHM muzzle break added to run a sound supressor.

A Red Star Arms trigger is in the works also.

This is a pic of my daily rollout trio.

post-8215-0-21688200-1320726789_thumb.jpg

post-8215-0-92405400-1320727485_thumb.jpg

Coulda sworn I already posted it here, but I'll play......

Page three, Post # 63 in this thread. Where do I find or how do I fashion the rubber recoil pad in the pic??? I'm certain that is a Kvar stock. Tks ahead.

It looks like a tromix limbsaver

Well my previous post image got deleted so I'll post it again. Had to re-up the image in my gallery.

gallery_15019_317_5913.jpg

gallery_15019_317_46287.jpg

Hey frustratedincali my stock and recoil pad are the same I believe similar setup , what kind cheek weld pad is that and where ya got it and how ya like it?

post-36604-0-33648200-1322255202_thumb.jpg

Well my previous post image got deleted so I'll post it again. Had to re-up the image in my gallery.

Hey frustratedincali my stock and recoil pad are the same I believe similar setup , what kind cheek weld pad is that and where ya got it and how ya like it?

Yo funky i believe thats a ATI universal...032.gif

Yo funky i believe thats a ATI universal...032.gif

Hey villian yeah u right I looked it up its ATI fn/fal universal cheek rest thanks , now I wanna get some feed back from cali since i got the same stock and recoil pad .

• 4 weeks later...