• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

The MI rail looks nice and low - better looking on your rifle than on the MI website - i am sure it is excellent, but how do you like it?

-matt

Sits nice and low and I really like the locking system...holds zero. It's a bit pricy but I'm happy with it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DSCN2106.jpg

DSCN2111.jpg

DSCN2115.jpg

DSCN2118.jpg

Tapco G2 FCG w/ Ram trigger guard from Dinzag

Aluminum Forend from CSS

Mako pistol grip, recoil reducing butt stock, and front grip/bipod

20 round metal magazines from CSSpecs

BP02 standard side mount from Kalinka

Leapers 4-16x 42 scope from Optics Planet

M60 FH from Sarco

Moved the FSB back myself thanks to this thread:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/75571-my-saiga-308-bbl-threading-experience/

Threaded the .660/.670 barrel to 5/8-24 with tools from Dinzag and the help of this thread:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/74910-threading-a-670-muzzle-for-58-24/

Thanks to all the great help on this site. Extra thanks to:

saiga545

Dad2142Dad

DrThunder88

ChileRelleno

GunFun

-Indy-

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

This is an old pic but a new pic is forthcoming. She's got a Dinzag G2 FCG, Tapco intrafuse handguard w/foregrip, and just recently added a Mako shock-absorber adjustable M4-style stock to replace the crappy Tapco "imitation" stock.

Recently received in the mail, awaiting installation: AK Tech sights, ACE clamp on front sight, Ameriglo front sight post, a Blackjack recoil buffer, and an AAC Blackout flash suppressor. Once that stuff is on I'll snap another pic.

post-21890-0-83763500-1351128511_thumb.jpg

Edited by ColoradoKLR650
  • 2 weeks later...

This is an old pic but a new pic is forthcoming. She's got a Dinzag G2 FCG, Tapco intrafuse handguard w/foregrip, and just recently added a Mako shock-absorber adjustable M4-style stock to replace the crappy Tapco "imitation" stock.

Recently received in the mail, awaiting installation: AK Tech sights, ACE clamp on front sight, Ameriglo front sight post, a Blackjack recoil buffer, and an AAC Blackout flash suppressor. Once that stuff is on I'll snap another pic.

I like the pairing there, but IMHO you need to work on the furniture there. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, new to the forums...here's my Saiga 308. LOVE THIS GUN!

IMAG1022

IMAG1021

Tapco Stock

Side Rail Mount

UTG Quad Rail (had to do a little modding to make it fit the 308)

5 Position Foregrip

25 Round Mags

Combat Strap

Just a cheap True Glow Scope for now...need to get a better one.

Here a picture of my 308 I finally finished in September.

Also a couple 100 yard targets.

I was shooting several different boxes of ammo that day so I was just aiming at the orange dots I added to the targets.

My only problem is the first shot is always a couple inches high and slightly left.

I'm guessing me racking a shell in does not seat it the same as when the rifle is fired.

These were the two types of ammo my Saiga liked best.

These were shot with (left) Federal Premium 168 gr Matchking BTHP & (right) Remington Green/Yellow 168 gr. BTHP.

I'm pretty happy except for the first shot flyers.

post-15380-0-25880500-1354405823_thumb.jpg

post-15380-0-95360200-1354406162_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Final stages:

post-21890-0-59144000-1355287564_thumb.jpg

post-21890-0-34274500-1355287576_thumb.jpg

From the beginning I went utilitarian/MBR. This is my only life insurance policy.

Tapco Intrafuse handguard and foregrip

Dinzag modified G2 FCG

Mako 6-way abjustable M4-style stock with spring shock absorber

AK Tech Sights

Ameriglo night sight post and KNS Precision sight post set

Blackjack Recoil bugger

AAC Blackout Flash-hider

Rattle can camo paint job

One 20 round mag and five 24 round mags

1000 rounds of Russian .308 in waterproof case.

That's all I could afford so farmoney.gif

• Like 1

Here is my 16" 308.

-Carolina SS Quad Rail

-SGM Tactical Muzzle Brake

-KVAR Warsaw Buttstock

-Dinzag FCG

-Magpul AFG2

-TWS Gen2 Dust Cover with Peep Sight

-Hogue Pistol Grip

-RAM Trigger Guard

-SGM 20 Round Mags

Still to come

-XS Threat Interdiction offset sight

-6x POSP Weaver Mount Scope (backordered right now)

-Streamlight strobe/flashlight

-Ching Sling

It's heavy compared to the AR-15 but not as bad as my M1 Garand. And before someone screams Mall Ninja, one, all my AR-15's are A1 configuration (no tac-rails or optics), and two, this is my Saiga and I will do as I please with it.

Hope you guys enjoy.

post-45633-0-89397400-1355649272_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Here's mine. It's just your normal big boy ak. It's got a britch palm swell lower handguard, bulgrian I think. I've got another romainan wood set that I stained to look red. I also have an ACE folding stock but if I install that I'll be cutting the tang and wanted to try the regular wood stock first. Also I need a lower handguard retainer, ive got access to a very very good machineist and I'm going to see if he can write a CNC program and knock out 5-6 and sell or trade them on here. This is a csspec 15 round mag I picked up at the gun show this weekend, traded an ar15 and 10 bucks for it. Also the next plan of action us an ak74 brake I want to remove the barrel and thread it cause I have a YHM phantom silencer in my future once I can find one in stock. So I want to ba able to have threads safe for a silencer.

photo-20.jpg

• Like 1

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.

20130201_163002.jpg

20130201_162753.jpg

20130201_162944.jpg

20130201_162931.jpg

20130201_162847.jpg

For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on the original PSL and reshaped. Lower was cut and reshaped, also had to remove wood to fit over barrel... I used a sanding barrel from HF fit well on the drill press.

Dinzag Arms retainer.

The Bipod mount is nothing more than a Magpul rail, screwed into the wood... I put everything together to get some pics... I need to take it back off level it better.

Gas block fs combo.... I welded that up... probably going to put the original FSB back on once I open it up for the barrel.

20130201_162836.jpg

Edited by RLTW
  • Like 6

RLTW can you either start or point to a thread about your front end. It's nice. Did you modify a PSL/FPK or something fog the gastube, also how did you attach the bipod, is it just a nut backed plate or something? It's nice. I've thought about fabricating a rail and get an arms or simlar throw lever sling mount for a bipod. Also your front sight is it just the original front sight relocated?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got my new lower handguard retainer from none other than dinzag. Currently this is my boomer.

My new mod will be to thread the barrel and get an AK74 style brake. After that I'll either leave it and buy another one or put the ace folding stock HK style weld on sights and polymer ak74 handguards and and either an upturned charging handle or some kind of left side charging. And about ten metal csspec mags.

photo_zps754acf06.jpg

photo_zpsf46b28db.jpg

Edited by Ak Monty
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...