• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a project I have been working on for awhile. I bought the rifle used locally about a year ago. I had King Armory do the barrel work. They cut the barrel back to 18", relocated the front sight and threaded the barrel. I will say Kingjoey & King Armory were great to work with and their work is outstanding. I used the new Dinzag triggerguard conversion and it was pretty good. I did have to rework the attaching hardware to work on the S-308, but it wasn't too bad. I did leave off the front mounting bolt as it mess with the hammer.

I stuck a Krebs scope mount on there and mounted up a SPOT red dot sight. I will eventually replace it with a low-power variable scope (I really like the new Trijicon TR-24 Accupoint), although I do have the new Burris 3x magnifier on backorder from SWFA.com. I have a Samson K-rail fore end for it, but I am waiting on Samson to make me a custom barrel mount as the S-308 has a thicker barrel. If I don't get it soon, I may have to do a Saiga-7.62x39mm build next to use it on. The folding stock is one that I came on a rifle I got in trade several years ago. I don't really care to the exposed mounting block on non-scope mounted guns, but it actually works well (and is needed) w/ the Krebs scope mount. So I finally found a spot for it. I have a YHM Phantom QD .308 sound suppressor for it, but I am waiting on BATF to approve it to me. I have had some delays both cause by me as well as by the BATF. Although I did expect it anytime.

3299266126_77a09b0438_b.jpg

3298438613_4546546a5a_b.jpg

Wow...those are some beautiful rifles....I'm picking up a .308 this week...choosing it over the 7.62 and .223...I hope I'm making the right choice...from what I've read, this is the most accurate AK type one can find these days...I'm hoping I can do the trigger and pistol grip conversion myself and not screw it up...looks like there's a way to have someone else do the bullet guide stuff; I'm not sure I want to mess with that...just wanted to say thanks for posting such great photos...this site has been jus a wellspring of information...

• 2 weeks later...

Some damn fine looking guns, guys!

I got one last week, and haven't gotten a clear picture of it yet, but will soon. It looks almost exactly like Lumox's conversion. These guns are awesome!

Look forward to posting with you all.....

Peace,

Dave

Here is my Saiga 308. Basic, but still looks cool IMO. Shoots exceptionally well...if I do my part and keep the barrel from getting too hot, it can keep shots inside an inch all day long at 50 yds. In the next coming weeks, I will be testing some hand loads out to 100 on up to 800yrds.

March09149.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
What kind of wood is that? Mahogany? That's an interesting pattern in the grain. I'm a guitar guy that's why I ask ;)

It is realy twisted piece of madrone found in my firewood pile. One of the pieces I could not split so I knew it was strong.

What kind of wood is that? Mahogany? That's an interesting pattern in the grain. I'm a guitar guy that's why I ask ;)

It is realy twisted piece of madrone found in my firewood pile. One of the pieces I could not split so I knew it was strong.

Oh wow... thats neat man... lol ive never even heard of madrone. Its cool looking tho... what kind of finish is on that?

Oh wow... thats neat man... lol ive never even heard of madrone. Its cool looking tho... what kind of finish is on that?

Madrone from what I hear only grows in the pacific north west. The finish I used was minwax polyurithane about 5 coats steel wool inbetween coats to smooth it out. Use a fome brush.

Was playing around with one of my S-308s the other day, and noticed that with the stock handguard, a converted saiga looks like it sort of belongs in the G3 family. So I took off the Galil furniture it was wearing, put on the tapco classic stock, factory saiga HG, rotated the bayo lug 180 degrees and gave it a whirl. What do you think?

DSCF0944.jpg

DSCF0945.jpg

DSCF0947.jpg

DSCF0948.jpg

DSCF0949.jpg

DSCF0950.jpg

I'm finally done converting my S308. :) It's a 21" with a OD K-Var stock set and Dinzag internals. I took it out for some informal test firing, and was quite impressed. :up: Hopefully soon I can get it to a real range and see what it can do off a bench.

I took a pic of it with it's buddies, a Bushy M4A3 and a pair of SKS's;

IMG_0817.jpg

I'm finally done converting my S308. :) It's a 21" with a OD K-Var stock set and Dinzag internals. I took it out for some informal test firing, and was quite impressed. :up: Hopefully soon I can get it to a real range and see what it can do off a bench.

I took a pic of it with it's buddies, a Bushy M4A3 and a pair of SKS's;

IMG_0817.jpg

Hate to say this man, I really do, but your SKS's are the most evil looking guns in that photo :smoke: . Is that the 20" Saiga? It looks longer than the 20" SKS to me.

Edited by Paladin_Hammer

I am not done with my build but here it is:

post-12142-1239854423_thumb.jpg

post-12142-1239854439.jpg

I used the Red Star Stage two trigger (best investment I did to this weapon)

Tapco T6 Stock

Ergo Rubber inlaid grip

Surefire 25 round mags

Quick Mag release

Original HG added a rail and folding grip

Things I want to change after I get a job:

Aluminum Tri-Rail HG

HK front and rear sight

install my flash hider that I have

Ace Socom Stock

post-12142-1239855591_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...