• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated the look thanks to some new parts    

Saiga 308 by AZArmory    

Did a little custom work to the ole' 308.             For the Gas Tube. I took out the spot welds and move to the front of the Tube and re spot welded. Top wood was cut back on t

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
post-3598-1172516781_thumb.jpg

post-3598-1172516655_thumb.jpg

My slapped-together Saiganuv .308. Waiting for my 20-rounders to arrive.

FraserMaine

What stock is this, did you have to do any mofications, where can I get one? :)

That's the RAA Skeleton stock. It requires no mods to the Saiga.

post-3598-1172516781_thumb.jpg

post-3598-1172516655_thumb.jpg

My slapped-together Saiganuv .308. Waiting for my 20-rounders to arrive.

FraserMaine

What stock is this, did you have to do any mofications, where can I get one? :)

That's the RAA Skeleton stock. It requires no mods to the Saiga.

post-7937-1198133739_thumb.jpg

post-7937-1198133760_thumb.jpg

post-7937-1198133793_thumb.jpg

post-7937-1198133811_thumb.jpg

atakacorp, thats a nice rifle you go there but I meant veper545's rifle :)

A little over 16

Thanks once my saiga gets here Im gonna make it look somthing like that.

I did the Conversion, Tony Rumore did all the Machine Work, Para Bellum Inc did the paint in Cerakote H- Series.. Good Luck and have fun..

post-7937-1198135318_thumb.jpg

Long Time Lurker 1st time poster.

Here's my Christmas present.

Stock long barrel .308 with RAA stock and a new scope rail I haven't seen before. I got it at Gilbert's guns. I have a couple of Surefire mags coming eventually. I'm close to done, for now, with it. I don't really see the need for the grip mod. I wanted a Dragonov style sniper. I see a bipod and better scope in the future, maybe a flash hider.

Here's the link for the mount. It is ROCK solid.

http://www.gilbertsguns.com/Rifles/Saiga/S...eTop+Rail+Rifle

post-8329-1198790187_thumb.jpg

Stock long barrel .308 with RAA stock and a new scope rail I haven't seen before. I got it at Gilbert's guns. I have a couple of Surefire mags coming eventually. I'm close to done, for now, with it. I don't really see the need for the grip mod. I wanted a Dragonov style sniper. I see a bipod and better scope in the future, maybe a flash hider.

welcome to the family :zorro: !!

I have attached a photo of the mount without a scope. I like how it flows better with the RAA stock and makes it look more like a HK SL8.

post-8329-1198854313_thumb.jpg

That is a Beryl rail, originally used on the WZ88 Polish AK's.

Hey guys, thought I'd post a pic of mine. Much thankz to Dinazg for the parts and ideas.

AK002.jpg

In CA, rifles with detachable mags can't have pistol grips, flash hiders, and those other goodies. So I fitted a shotgun stock to match the handguards.

Just got a question champ. I also live in california what type of mags are those!! And where can I find some similar ones

Hey guys, thought I'd post a pic of mine. Much thankz to Dinazg for the parts and ideas.

AK002.jpg

In CA, rifles with detachable mags can't have pistol grips, flash hiders, and those other goodies. So I fitted a shotgun stock to match the handguards.

Just got a question champ. I also live in california what type of mags are those!! And where can I find some similar ones

I thought those living in Kommiefornia are not allowed detachable large capacity feed devices. I know I can't go to GSSF matches there as I have an evil Glock 17 assault weapon with evil detachable high capacity 17 round magazines. What is the low down on that, are not high capacity devices supposed to be permanently attached in the People's Demokratik State of Kommiefornia? Last I hear it was a felony to posses one.

My 18" S308 is going through an identity crisis.

January2008044.jpg

14x1mm LH Muzzle Threads

Front Sight Base Reamed and moved back

18" Barrel with a 90deg military crown and a 45deg bevel

RPK Forend Retainer

Russian Laminated RPK Forend

RSB/GB/FSB Aligned(in a level vice with a laser bore sighter and then redrilled for oversized pins)

Heat Shields to keep my new veridian green stain from getting cooked once I apply it

Polish Laminated Buttstock

Egyptian Laminated Upper Handguard

Virgin/Russian AK74 Gas Tube recut for S308

Arsenal USA Trigger Recut/Polished and Tails built up for short travel

Blackjack Buffer

Falcon Ergogrip(oversized) modified to my specs

14x1 to AK74 muzzle adapter

Next:

Redrill Side Rail Rivets(replace with screws and add a backing plate inside the receiver)

Custom RPK Peep Sight

Cut down stock to add a contoured Limbsaver of Pachmyr recoil pad at original length

Weld Trigger Guard(to magazine release housing)

Decide on scope mount and install semi permanently(can't decide which one)

Millet DMS-1 Scope with either badger low rings(if mount is high enough)or see through rings

Custom Laminated Pistol Grip(a clone of my modified ErgoGrip in shape,BRG3??)

Reload some once fired and trimmed brass with various loads to find the "sweet spot" load and then cook up a few thousand rounds using my surplus IMI brass that I reswaged the primer pockets on 5 years ago.

Hopefully I will quit procrastinating and get this rifle finished,an optic mounted and get it on the range so my next pics will be of targets and not my ceramic tile floor as the background!

Edited by SOPMOD

Ahhh, Walnut!

The butt I got from a guy on gunbroker, not sure if it`s ironwood brand or what but it sure is nice.

The handguard and grip I made myself, I may add a bit more rake to the grip but it feels good like it is.

I think I`m finally done changing this thing around, I`m leaving it as is.

43630003-3.jpg

43630005-3.jpg

43630007-5.jpg

43630008-3.jpg

43630009-3.jpg

43630010-3.jpg

Bossman

• Like 1
Ahhh, Walnut!

The butt I got from a guy on gunbroker, not sure if it`s ironwood brand or what but it sure is nice.

The handguard and grip I made myself, I may add a bit more rake to the grip but it feels good like it is.

I think I`m finally done changing this thing around, I`m leaving it as is.

43630003-3.jpg

Bossman

Bossman,........WOW!

That is a super looking rifle sir!!

I like that grip(a lot),could anyone get you interested in making once of those possibly out of laminated birch ;)

E-TAC SIDE FOLDER 308 WITH MILLED TRIGGER GUARD & MILLED BACK PLATE WWW.IPSCGUN.COM

Wow,I went to their site and they do it right.That's a nicely done rifle and the fact that they detail their process in bulk with photos shows that they know their quality will exceed any amateur efforts.

Is that thing Lava Shield/Cerakoted as well?

E-TAC SIDE FOLDER 308 WITH MILLED TRIGGER GUARD & MILLED BACK PLATE WWW.IPSCGUN.COM

Wow,I went to their site and they do it right.That's a nicely done rifle and the fact that they detail their process in bulk with photos shows that they know their quality will exceed any amateur efforts.

Is that thing Lava Shield/Cerakoted as well?

Thanks, yes this rifle is coated in graphite black.

Well here's my girl after some cosmetic surgery. I've cut her from a 22 to sixteen and added a flash suppressor and moved the FSB back. Used a RSA adjustable trigger, Ergo grip, K-Var buttstock. This thing shoots like a dream!

post-1784-1201139619_thumb.jpg

Here's my work in progress. still need to get the handguard front retainer machined and installed. It shoots in its' current configuration, just does not look so pretty yet. Will consider FCG and modified skeleton stock next year, problem is, I like the feel and look of this stock. I also am looking for a decent priced scope setup this year.

The handguard required a lot of dremel cutting (melting sometimes) and sanding to get it to fit the stock barrel and gas tube. I took about 60% of the plastic away at the top inside of the SVD handguard. I also had to cut it to fit the gas tube retainer lever, and the top of the tube assembly near the trunnion. You can see that the aluminum rear retainer is a bit out of alignment now that it has been used and abused; having a steel machined piece made for that also.

Vector Arms in NSL, UT did the barrel threading, and front sight work. (Thanks Guys!) The flash hider is from a UI seller from ebay before the gunparts ban-it is an SVD clone, supposedly manufactured for airsoft guns, but made of steel in 14 mm reverse threads.

I put in a couple of pics to compare the FBMG thirty rounders from Dinzag, and the Surefire 25 rounders.

Ne strelyaitye! Ya znayu sekreti!

post-6505-1201722753_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722770_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722786_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722798_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722808_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722817_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722829_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722840_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722851_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722862_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722873_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722887_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722897_thumb.jpgpost-6505-1201722909_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine - finally in tha bag.... Almost.

US Parts:

-Ace Folding Stock

-Tapco SAW Grip

-FSE Fire Control Group (3 parts)

-FMBG Mags (X6)

-M-60 (Marmount) Flash Suppressor

Other parts:

-TDI upper and lower Forearm

-Dinzag Forward HG retainer

-Romanian trigger guard

-Vulcan top cover (w/ adjustable rear sight)

-Dupli-color 1200 degree engine paint as a finish.

The factory rear sight was removed and the "ears" trimmed by me. The remaining hole sealed with the original rear sight spring, TIG weld and JB Weld.

[Dinzag provided the HG retainer, Muzzle threading kit, bored out my FSB to set back, modified the M-60 Flash Hider to fit flush to the FSB and provided the drill bits & end mills to finish everything. He is VERY MUCH RECOMMENDED!]

I trimmed the muzzle to 16.05 and need to get an 11 degree crowning tool form Dinzag before I set the M-60 FH in with a set pin... Beyong that, she's done!

post-1473-1203796116.jpg

post-1473-1203796143.jpg

I really could use some help. I have bought 2 saigas a 223 and a 308 and have been researching things to do to them. How have all you guys moved the triggers ahead to get pistol grips on the gun. I bought a butt stock from gilberts guns that has a pastol grip on it an will bolt right on. but I really like all your guns better. are alot of you gun smiths ??

1. If I put on a AK 47 gas tubes and upper and lower end caps this will allow me to put on different hand guards (but may need to modify the insides of the guards alittle)

2. How do you move the trigger forward and put on a pistol grip.

3.Should you change the gas piston from the stock one.

4. How do you guys know all this great info!!!!

5. How do you know what to use and what to swap like the ar clip adapter

Thanks for any help