Saiga-12 vs 870

I have 2 870s and have just bought a Saiga. As a LEO of over 20 years I will tell you my preferred method of carrying the 870 in my patrolcar for use. I carry it with a fully loaded 7 round mag and one half way loaded in the chamber. The gun is safe because the round is not fully cambered, and you do still get a clack when you make it ready to service a target.

As for the Saiga, I plan, once converted, to keep it with a magazine inserted on a empty chamber.

I love my 870 for home use. It has a factory 12.5" barrel and a factory top folder.and feel great around the house. It is at the bottom of this pic. I am buying a Saiga 12 tomorrow along with a shit load of 10 round mags which I will be doing the conversion on myself. Can't wait to post pics. I allready have it all planned out.

000_1094.jpg

The sound of a pump shotgun being racked into condition one has quelled more than one potential riot. Ask any retired prison security officer (I think instead of shotguns prison authorities have to say "Pretty Please!" nowdays) or urban street cop. IMHO, my old Winchester model 97 (ex-penitentiary gun) sounds like an artillery piece being loaded. Certainly a sound a felon does not want to hear in the dark and would probably assist in soiling ones trousers.

97c_solid.jpg