Mags/Scope Mounts/Scopes

Went to the range today and had a mixed bag. The second batch of FBMG mags I got were single shots everytime just like the first batch. Factory 8 rds were, as usual, flawless. Sort of stumped.

Other issues, the locking bar on the Eastwave Weaver rail scope mount now isn't secure and the scope comes sliding back when you least expect it. Will adjusting it help or is it a design issue?

Another guy was there with a Vepr in .308. He had a cheap looking scope marked VOMZ P4X32. I looked through it and was stunned. It was brighter than my Nikon Monarch and had a huge exit pupil, you could move your eyes all over and the image was bright and clear with no obvious paralax. I'm sure someone on this site has had experience with these. If so, your experience and if positive, where could I get one? Thanks much Don.

Edited by Harpoon

You may need to tighten the screw on your mount just a bit. Loosen up the bottom plate by pushing it to the side and removing it to access the toothed washer. Pull the lever off the teeth and tighten the screw just slightly then reassemble. If you overtighten this screw you will bow the mount rail and it will not slide back onto the gun.

In regard to VOMZ scopes, I actually considered getting one in the past but after reading some reviews I decided that they are not worth the money. Reviews such as this on VOMZ REVIEW

I'd recommend using a POSP scope for your S308. I have an 8x42 on mine, and I love it. The quality (brightness) of the optics are at least as good as the Nikon Buckmaster I had on a Howa 1500 .308 I sold awhile back (I have all Saigas now). They can be found on www.eastwave.ca . Great scope for the money, and they always get looks/questions on the range!

Tritium. I had a file from Eastwave, sorry I didn't get to it earlier. The file addresses a type of mechanism that is entirely different from the Weaver rail situation I have. There is a tiny toothed nut or locking mechanism on mine but it appears to be sealed by a dimpled plate that suggests that if I were to access it, it would no longer be functional.

No expert here but it appears that there was no intent for this to be adjusted. Thanks, Don.

Tritium. I had a file from Eastwave, sorry I didn't get to it earlier. The file addresses a type of mechanism that is entirely different from the Weaver rail situation I have. There is a tiny toothed nut or locking mechanism on mine but it appears to be sealed by a dimpled plate that suggests that if I were to access it, it would no longer be functional.

No expert here but it appears that there was no intent for this to be adjusted. Thanks, Don.

That dimpled plate is meant to slide aside (just force the plate up a little to lift the dimple out of its seat) so you can loosen it up and get the hole that is of larger diameter on the plate over the screw head and remove it to gain access to that toothed washer and once the screw is adjusted you slide the dimpled plate back where it was. The dimple fits into an indentation/seat in the lever which holds it in place. I have done this successfully on a scope mount.

Edited by tritium