That is a very very good deal for one with night sights... here is some quesitons, though...

1. What model .40 S&W is it? There are several... G22 (full sized) G23 (Compact) G27 (Sub compact) and G35 (Practical / Tactical ... long slide) and Glock 24 (Long Slide, very limited in the US)...

2. What is the serial number? If it begins with and "E" (like EABxxx), then it could have a frame recall... either way, that is only a minor inconvenience, as Glock will repair it for free... just is a bummer to get a gun and immediately have to send it to Glock to have it fixed... if it is an E serial number, would be worth a call to Glock to see if it falls under the frame recall.

3. What type of night sights are on it? Glock Factory? Meprolights? Trijicon? How old are they? Usually night sights will only last 12 years or so (life of the radioactive goo inside of them).

No matter what the anser to the quesitons above are, it is a good deal.... Here are some that I have found online:

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=21728604

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=21622296

http://www.topglock.com/catalog/pistols.htm

Top Glock has a sale going on right now, for $439.00 you get a fixed sight G22 or G23... but, add night sights ($70.00) and shipping ($15.00) and FFL transfer (probabaly $20.00 if you are lucky) that makes it $544.00

So, you can see that the deal that you are talking about is a good deal for a G22 with night sights... Again, it depends on how old it is... you may need to replace the recoil spring assembly... but that is a $20.00 fix at most...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

G22 with trijicon nighties for $465? hell of a deal, new one here in mn with all that will run bout $$560+. I got mine for $400 used from a cop friend with all the goodies.....if you want a .45 glock check the G37 .45GAP. I just got one and love it....dbl. stack .45 pretty much the same balistics as a .45 ACP only shorter cartridge so if you have smaller hands easier for you to get your meat hooks around the grip....and recoil (at least to me) is a little less than a .45 ACP.

I'm not knocking the Glocks as I'm sure they're very fine pistols but I've never been enamored with them. Never could get used to the feel and found the ones I did try not very ergonomically correct for my hand. But on the plus side, many of my law enforcement compadres swear by 'em so I say, what the hell, they gotta be good firearms regardless of what I think.

I believe they're also the handgun of choice for the hoodrats, but hey, what would you expect an ex-cop to think right?...ha ha.

well last i heard about 60% of all l.e. agencies in this country were carrying some model of glock. i recently read that the new Dept. of Homeland Security/Coast Guard awarded a gigantic contract to SIGARMS (SIGSAUER) to provide each dept. with the new SIG P229 w. the DAK trigger system. I have several glocks (model 22,20 and 37) and a sigpro 2340 and love them to death, the feel good in my hand, i shoot fairly accurate with them and I DO CARRY THEM CONCEALED! reason being i dont just shove it into the waist line, nor glock clip it, i actually have a specially made holster for inside the waistband carry. and as for my glock i would take that thing into "battle" with me anyday of the week, because the simple fact that you can beat the ever living crap out of them and they still come back and go boom, i tested my G22 once and fired a little over 1500-1600 rnds through it w/o cleaning, no errors....the things are reliable as hell and simple enough for a mentally deficient child to take care of. but the main thing is i am comfortable with each and everyone of my weapons, i make an effort to get accustomed to each (done by firing massive amounts of ammo. all of my guns minus the sig have at least 1000 rnds through them.) :killer::killer::killer:

I just learned that you can change out barrels on a Glock. I was looking at a used Glock .357 today($350).. and the gunstore owner told me I could buy a .40 or 9mm barrel and switch it out for like $120.

That might seem like the way to go .. eh?

Also, I noticed a Taurus .357 Magnum for $285, brand new.. seemed viable.

But, I have a question or two:

First.. do any of you live in Ca? Anything I should know about going back to Ca now that I have a gun and possible will have gunS? Hehe.

I know my Saiga (unconverted) is fine by law there.

But, I'm not so sure about anything else. And, the Ca DOJ page has USELESS info on it.

It DOES say I have to register my handgun(for F'IN $19) or throw it away within 60 days, or I'm a criminal.. Hmmmm.. whatever happened to 'shall not be infringed' hehe.

• 3 weeks later...
prophageus: Sorry to hear you're moving to CA. Will you have to sell any firearms before you go?

I 2nd that. I hope your able to escape from there as soon as possible.

It was ether CDNN of FAC that was selling Glock barrels for $50

I bought this 357 Sig for my Mod 27 .

Not made by Glock but shoots flawlessly

post-20-1103947273.jpg

Interesting.

Yeah, I'm still moving to Ca. And, you know what.. I don't care what those nazi whores say.. I live by real law.. let's see how fast I get a lawyer and go to town on these nazis while the press has a field day with it. I'm overly aggressive, I'll make it happen.

$50 for actual Glock barrel, or you meant that (offbrand) other barrel? That's a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year Bvamp!!!

I've still got my old S&W Model 10 and a S&W detective special, 2 1/2" barrel, 5 shot, both in .38 cal. I've got an older H&R .32 as well. Haven't shot either in quite awhile but now after reading your posts I think I'm gonna have to break those old girls out for some fun.

Coastie; "Never could get used to the feel and found the ones I did try not very ergonomically correct for my hand."

I didn't really care for it either at first but after putting one of those Hogue slip on rubber grips on it feels much better. :)

f you ppl and your slide pistols. they aint accurate enough for me :) good guns, but they aint my thing.......lets see you shoot a good wheelgun....one handed at 50 yards,,,,,

Oh Bvamp come on now! Don't be like that. It's ok to live in both worlds ain't it? You have a point though, at least with some shooters. For some reason I don't do near as well with my Glock 17 as I did with my trusty ol 357 Blackhawk (God rest her soul :cryss: ) but my wife drives nails with it so go figure.

Anyway it sounds to me like you need a new avatar to go with that way of thinking. No offense of course. How about this one? Might look good above that new title. Whatcha think? ;)

reason for edit: don't wanna piss off the moderator. :lolol:

post-20-1105374231.gif

Edited by Cobra 76 two

Ya know you make a pretty good point there Cobra 76 Two. I'll bet with a pair of Hogue grips the Glocks probably do fit better and I guess I put my foot in my mouth prematurely. Glocks seem to be the fave right now with alot of people and KYSoldier made a good point on the Sigs, they too are really nice. Have to say I'd go with a Sig over a Glock anyday as my personal preference. All in all, I'll stick with my 1911 as my first choice.