Scopemount?

Just wondering if anyone had one of these?

https://www.gilbertsguns.com/store/products...bbcb08ddd4f6901

If so how do you like it and were did you get it?

thanks

Just got mine in Friday, mounted that night, sited in the scope with laser bore sighter, Saturday took it to the range, worked great!

Got mine through Tapco.. Same price as Gilberts... My experince was buying two mounts through Kalinka... Not pleased with anything I have purchased through them, probably not buy thing from them again. Service is good but not pleased with the products...

Just wondering if anyone had one of these?

https://www.gilbertsguns.com/store/products...bbcb08ddd4f6901

If so how do you like it and were did you get it?

thanks

Got mine through a local gun shop for $50. The scope couldn't be adjusted to zero in with both adjustments turned to the limits. Had to cut out a piece of a business card to pad the scope. Works great after that. It holds zero without noticeable drift after a thousand rounds of South African and Indian surplus, and through couple years of ambient temperature cycle.

It is a great mount - I have it on my Saigas works great - rock solid and provides the second rail for a light or laser. Got mine at Cheaperthan Dirt for ~$22.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AKS006-44765-2712.html

Have fun!

p.s. I had the same experience with the Kalinka mounts - the tightening arm kept falling off - this uses three hex headed bolts to tighten down not a flimsey arm that kept falling off (although I did think the other one looked cool).

Edited by GunOwner

They may be rock solid, but you are doing away with the quick release and back to zero feature. If that's no problem, they sound like the way to go. I've purchased "$40 mounts" with quick release lever and they either fell apart are were too out of spec for shims to correct. Finally, I got a couple of KVAR quick release mounts and they work as designed, but they go for $90 or so. I also bought a variable power Russian scope that has a quick release mount as part of it and it works great too.

Allan Schisel

Edited by allanschisel

Eastwave has the BP-02 Russian-made side mount for $38.00 w/ $10.00 shipping and insurance. It is a quick-release mount that has had great reviews. I got mike a week or so ago and it mounted up great (nice and tight). I haven't had a chance to sight it in yet.

Spend a little more, buy it right, buy it once! The mount is drilled and pinned, so it should hold zero well.

Eastwave has the BP-02 Russian-made side mount for $38.00 w/ $10.00 shipping and insurance. It is a quick-release mount that has had great reviews. I got mike a week or so ago and it mounted up great (nice and tight). I haven't had a chance to sight it in yet.

Spend a little more, buy it right, buy it once! The mount is drilled and pinned, so it should hold zero well.

Hey guys I too have several BP-02 Low profile mounts I got from Tantals, (Doug Ford). These sit almost on top of the receiver cover and the rail is longer as well. With a scope on it you can still slide the topcover off without scope dismount. Have never had a problem with loosening issues. One is on a 7.62x51mm M-78 Valmet, still tight and retains quick on/off. Eliminates the need for an allen wrench should I need iron sights ASAP.