Saiga-12 5rd Mags for $19.95? Any interest?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought a lot of stuff from them actually. I've not had any problems from them other than their being flakey on communication.

That said, I'd buy a ten pack if and when this happens. I already have an account on the keepshooting website too. :)

Hey Guys,

Have a question for all of your Saiga-12 fans. We have been offered a large quantity of Saiga-12 magazines, they are 5rd mags made available to us by a foreign exporter. In order for us to be able to purchase them, we have to take at least 10,000 pieces. The good news is, at that quantity we could offer then brand new for $19.95 each in singles, and offer quantity discounts for higher purchases.

Now here is the interesting thing. If we purchase the 10,000 5rd magazines, we will then be able to purchase a smaller--but still significant--number of 8rd magazines and be able to offer them at this deep-discount level of pricing. So of course we are interested in buying the 10,000 mags, but need to make sure we aren't going to get stuck with them in our warehouse for a year or more.

So if you had the chance to buy say a 10 pack of 5rd magazines for $149.95 or singles at $19.95 would there be any interest?

I will be donating to the forum as "payment" for your feedback.

Thanks,

-Brian

well the price on the site is still 50 some odd bucks... but hell i would like some 5 rounders for dif. loads... i'm in

Has anyone tried contacting this guy outside of the forum to see if this offer might actually go anywhere? I'm thinking about calling the number on their website or something

I sent them an email. No reply as yet. That was two days ago...

Hey Guys,

Have a question for all of your Saiga-12 fans. We have been offered a large quantity of Saiga-12 magazines, they are 5rd mags made available to us by a foreign exporter. In order for us to be able to purchase them, we have to take at least 10,000 pieces. The good news is, at that quantity we could offer then brand new for $19.95 each in singles, and offer quantity discounts for higher purchases.

Now here is the interesting thing. If we purchase the 10,000 5rd magazines, we will then be able to purchase a smaller--but still significant--number of 8rd magazines and be able to offer them at this deep-discount level of pricing. So of course we are interested in buying the 10,000 mags, but need to make sure we aren't going to get stuck with them in our warehouse for a year or more.

So if you had the chance to buy say a 10 pack of 5rd magazines for $149.95 or singles at $19.95 would there be any interest?

I will be donating to the forum as "payment" for your feedback.

Thanks,

-Brian

That would be a good deal I know my brother would want some for his 12 and if you could get them for close to that price for the 20ga I would also be interested
Well, after a week of silence and after sending them a couple emails, I'd say Brian was blowing smoke up our collective asses.

Thanks Brian!

He hasn't logged back in since he posted this thread. I'm kind of wondering if he has even came back as a guest to view the replies. Not a good buisness practice. It only took a few minutes for him to post. But if you was to add up all the time it took for the forum members to place all there reply, send their emails and PMs, read the posts of others hoping that somewhere is the middle he would have an update....... Like warthog said, "Thanks Brian!"

I got no response to my email sent over a month ago. Whether this is a marketing ploy or a legit effort to guage the market, I don't care to buy anything from them if this is the way they run their business. People are going to make purchasing decisions based on whether they will take on this deal, but they don't think hundreds/thousands? of potential customers sitting on their hands is worth a quick reply or update? Piss poor business conduct in my book.

Edited by AK-308
I got no response to my email sent over a month ago. Whether this is a marketing ploy or a legit effort to guage the market, I don't care to buy anything from them if this is the way they run their business.

A bunch of the people that wanted them should all start calling 2 or 3 times a day. :smoke:

I got no response to my email sent over a month ago. Whether this is a marketing ploy or a legit effort to guage the market, I don't care to buy anything from them if this is the way they run their business.

A bunch of the people that wanted them should all start calling 2 or 3 times a day. :smoke:

and demand the 20 dollar price

• 1 month later...

I just got off the phone with Joyce @ keepshooting.com. I inquired about this specific offer and I have some very useful information.

It seems the mags are coming!

These are NOT Izmash made magazines, I've been told they're being manufactured by one of their suppliers in china. She went on to tell me that the suppliers have made several magazines for keepshooting.com, including a Thompson drum mag.

I asked her if the mags were going to be polymer and the same design as the current 5rders, she said she didn't know

I also inquired about the 8rd mags and she said that they are going to be getting a batch of those as well.

The mags should be here in 3-4 months.

I had my name put on a mailing list for updates and will keep everyone here posted.

I just got off the phone with Joyce @ keepshooting.com. I inquired about this specific offer and I have some very useful information.

It seems the mags are coming!

These are NOT Izmash made magazines, I've been told they're being manufactured by one of their suppliers in china. She went on to tell me that the suppliers have made several magazines for keepshooting.com, including a Thompson drum mag.

I asked her if the mags were going to be polymer and the same design as the current 5rders, she said she didn't know

I also inquired about the 8rd mags and she said that they are going to be getting a batch of those as well.

The mags should be here in 3-4 months.

I had my name put on a mailing list for updates and will keep everyone here posted.

good to hear... supply lines get fatter maybe the prices will get smaller on agp mags...

we can get getter variety

It seems that part of our Saiga addiction is an insatiable desire for mags. Maybe we are really mag collectors that have found the ultimate platform to use mags in?

I've been told they're being manufactured by one of their suppliers in china. She went on to tell me that the suppliers have made several magazines for keepshooting.com, including a Thompson drum mag.

Wow, I wasn't aware that Chinese semi-auto gun parts could be imported again. I know the pump action shotguns are somehow exempt, but if magazines are now ok to bring in, I hope chinese AK mags also flood in soon. However, I just do not think anything has changed and there is some mistake with contracted Chinese Saiga mags. If Izmash has actually used Chinese manufacturers to make their mags, this could be a huge issue in regards to the Clinton Chinese weapons ban.

Edited by dog
I've been told they're being manufactured by one of their suppliers in china. She went on to tell me that the suppliers have made several magazines for keepshooting.com, including a Thompson drum mag.

Wow, I wasn't aware that Chinese semi-auto gun parts could be imported again. I know the pump action shotguns are somehow exempt, but if magazines are now ok to bring in, I hope chinese AK mags also flood in soon. However, I just do not think anything has changed and there is some mistake with contracted Chinese Saiga mags. If Izmash has actually used Chinese manufacturers to make their mags, this could be a huge issue in regards to the Clinton Chinese weapons ban.

This was one of my first thoughts when I was on the phone and I actually asked about it. She mentioned something about them being in thailand or an outlying area of china. Sorry I didn't clarify this.