alternative to dimples, shimming the mag well?

3m makes a product called panel bond for metal to anything bonding. It would hold no problems. I bond on 1/4 panels and bedside with the stuff. oh clean it up before it dries.

What is the maximum temperature rating of that stuff?

I was about to run some filler rod into my mag well and then mill it out to tighten up for the 20rd mag wobble but I don't really feel like bead blasting and refinishing if I can avoid it.

Instead of getting a new Saiga with dimples, anybody tried welding or gluing in a shim to limit side to side movement of the mags?

I made some shims out of Delrin and adhered them in place with Loctite adhesive. The have been in place for 4 yers now. I can't remember the exact Loctite number I used but it was a cyanoacrylate. Checkout Loctite #454 or #410. I used #770 primer on the surfaces first then I adhered them in place and put a magazine in and left it to cure for a day.

I called Loctite tech support and told them what I was doing. They gave me the numbers and sent me samples of each product.

3m makes a product called panel bond for metal to anything bonding. It would hold no problems. I bond on 1/4 panels and bedside with the stuff. oh clean it up before it dries.

What is the maximum temperature rating of that stuff?

I was about to run some filler rod into my mag well and then mill it out to tighten up for the 20rd mag wobble but I don't really feel like bead blasting and refinishing if I can avoid it.

we bake cars @ 145 degrees and have no problem. They say use heat to turn it loose. I had a bedside that was hit a year or so after I replaced the bedside. I had to dan near melt the shi# with a torch. Good for going on baaaaaad for the guy taking it off.

If you cant find the 3m duramix also selld the same stuff. You want need the application gun just open it up and use a screwdriver to push the plunger down. Make sure you mix it 50/50 like jb weld.