How to get an SAR1 and M15A2 for $80

well, i finally found the pics of that kentucky rifle I bought for next to nothing, had appraised for thousands, and traded off for cash, a new SAR1 and M15A2, multiple magazines for both, and a case of ammo for both.........by the way? if anyone out there has an old gun like this, get it appraised. I was shocked how much mine was worth. paid 350 for it. appraised at 3500+ every part is fully engraved, save the barrel itself (which is engraved at the mounting end only) and the muzzle-saver.

by the way, if anyone is into these kinds of oldies, i have a LOT more pictures of this gun up close of the engraving in the silver, the wood, the muzzle, etc etc.

post-21-1092683981.jpg

Edited by Bvamp

Bvamp, were you standing on the bed, looking down and taking a picture?

what it looks like.

were you planning on firing the thing when you bought it?

I've got a guy that wants to sell me a REALLY nice m44(WWII era??) moist nugget for a $100. looks brand new! 7.62X54 nice bolt action. I don't know, I guess the fact that it goes boom, is interesting. It's funny the same guy thinks that his MAK 90 is rare!!!!! I know the worth of the mosin nagant is 100-200.

point is: I would've passed, and then gotten REALLY pissed -later!

almost bought a drum set for $80. passed 'cause the guy wouldn't sell to me for $50. it ended up being worth $4500! rare Gibson (affliated) set underneath a stupid paint job!!!!! @#$%%^%$#@@$$$^%$#@!!##@, and his mother!!!!!!!!!

pics were taken in a spare room where i used to live, not like that matters any...

well, it wasnt stored loaded thankfully, and the bore was mint, so yes, i thought about it, but i am not really a blackpoweder guy (yet), so I didnt want to hurt the thing out of ignorance. we have cannon shoots in my area, so i wanted to bring it there and show it off and fire it, but i made a killing on it, so i dont really regret trading it off how I did. if i regretted anything, its not showing it off once before trading it....I prolly would have gotten a good buyer (4 grand) at one of those events....some of those guys have serious cash for stuff like that....

NRAJOE in this forum is a MN collector...ask him about it. if its cheap and it shoots straight, id buy it :)

yeh, when i was still a musician, i had a few good deals come my way, most of which i picked up, but I hear ya. never know what someone wants to get rid of. if they are going to sell it to someone ANYWAY, its fair game in my book......