Magazine Converted Saiga .308

Hey everyone

a few years ago I picked up a wood stocked 20" barreled Saiga .308 that was imported by a colorado company (before EAA imported them) When I bought it, it had a home hi-cap magazine conversion done to it. It was converted to use Thermold M14 magazines and I have since fitted it to use steel M14 magazines (though the thermolds still work fine) anyway its a fairly ugly conversion though it does function. I Have since picked up a like new saiga .308 20" barreled EAA in original configuration.

What should I do with the Older rifle? It hasn't been converted to p-grip configuration. I was considering making it into a parts kits and cutting the reciever.

Buck Shott

Hey everyone

a few years ago I picked up a wood stocked 20" barreled Saiga .308 that was imported by a colorado company (before EAA imported them) When I bought it, it had a home hi-cap magazine conversion done to it. It was converted to use Thermold M14 magazines and I have since fitted it to use steel M14 magazines (though the thermolds still work fine) anyway its a fairly ugly conversion though it does function. I Have since picked up a like new saiga .308 20" barreled EAA in original configuration.

What should I do with the Older rifle? It hasn't been converted to p-grip configuration. I was considering making it into a parts kits and cutting the reciever.

Buck Shott

Dude. Keep it or sell it. Don't cut it up!

Does it just need to be refinished or it has been physically messed up? I'd keep it personally.

The reciever, barrel trunion and magazine catch have all been modified for the new magazines to fit and the job that was done was very ugly. But functional. The mags are a bit loose in the rifle but they work. I also don't much like the way the forend is attached on the wood stocked rifles, but the rear stock has a good feel to it.

I wonder how much I could sell it for... I wouldn't mind trading it for a nice scope for my other saiga.

Brother in Arms

Does it just need to be refinished or it has been physically messed up? I'd keep it personally.

The reciever, barrel trunion and magazine catch have all been modified for the new magazines to fit and the job that was done was very ugly. But functional. The mags are a bit loose in the rifle but they work. I also don't much like the way the forend is attached on the wood stocked rifles, but the rear stock has a good feel to it.

I wonder how much I could sell it for... I wouldn't mind trading it for a nice scope for my other saiga.

Brother in Arms

How much would you like to get for it?

Brother in Arms

PM or e-mail me with what you want for it pricewise and we'll go from there. Thanks!