Welding/epoxy options for a bullet guide?

I was wondering, beyond taping and drilling a whole in the trunnion, are welding or epoxy an alternative option for installing a bullet guide?

I would think this idea would work quite well if not better than the drill and tap method, If the surfaces were prepared/cleaned properly. I have seen cold welding polymers work quite well in the marine industry and I worked for a company that had a line of polymer products in their line to complement their electric welding line. I have used them and would be confident in useing like products for this application.

I would expect that between the bottom of the bullet guide and the trunion where it meets there is probably gaps that would do well to be filled by this material and aid to the adhesion of the bullet guide. Continuing the polymer up into the already drilled hole in the bullet guide would just be iceing on the cake.

Here is a few products that would work well:

http://jbweld.net/products/industro.php

http://www.belzona.com/1111.aspx

Only drawback is that removing the bullet guide would be a chore.

Edited by lesgeaux
I was wondering, beyond taping and drilling a whole in the trunnion, are welding or epoxy an alternative option for installing a bullet guide?

Orgional AKs are riveted in. This not very easy on an assembled weapon. With the availability of the BG and super lock-tight I don't see the advantage to risking the trunnion warping. just my $0.02.