Lessons learned about a 'no frills' Saiga conversion

Thanks man I wanted to help my brothers as much as I could and had fun doing it. So that's how it got up to over 17,000 views so fast...lol.

One thing to add...

Buy cobalt bits and save yourself some trouble.

Thanks man I wanted to help my brothers as much as I could and had fun doing it. So that's how it got up to over 17,000 views so fast...lol.

One thing to add...

Buy cobalt bits and save yourself some trouble.

Arggg lol

I was at Lowes and asked the guy there which was stronger (since they were the same price) cobalt or titanium bits and the guy was like titanium.

Oh well next one I now know better :)

Yeah I bought the Rigid brand Titanium bits too. JOKE! They fried like they were made of plastic. Went back and payed 30 bucks for the same set of cobalt and they go thru everything, INCLUDING the spotwelds like nothing. Just go very slow and use lube. I use a wax that my freind gave me who installs storefronts and glass.

I'd hoped I could skip going back to lowe's for another set of bits and tried the basic bit that came with my drill.

It instantly dulled.

My friend and I did a double take and just laughed. I mean the point disappeared and was just flat across.

Funny thing is I didn't bust a single cutting wheel or grinding wheel on the dremel. But man oh man that receiver is rough on bits.