What do you think? Mainly for self defense purposes.

What are your thoughts on 9x19mm vs .40 S&W?

Can I legally get a magazine bigger than 10 rounds for the G23?

I switched from a G23 to a G27 and am much happier. I use a Pearce +1 fingergrip floorplate on the favtory 9-round mag and I carry one or two extra G22 mags with +2 floorplates or sometimes another 10 rounder. I shoot the G27 every bit as well as I did the G23 and it's a dream to CCW. I put nightsights on mine and also have an internal Lasermax laser sight as a backup sighting system. It is the sweetest pistol I have ever owned bar none.

Just picked up a G27 w/ nightsights today.

Feels fine, and the scherer 29rd. mag fits in it just fine.

I havn't shot it yet, might not wanna keep it. The slide is just too long to fit in my coat pocket. I may trade it for a Kahr PM40.

Then I can get a G22 or G20.

I would think a Glock27 is a little small for practical purposes.

I'm sure it's an awesome backup weapon, but what if it's all you got against something much bigger?

I CCW and for me anything else is too big to be practical. Secondly when I do get my full-size Glock it's going to be a G20. If you're going to go big... why go small?

i just got a G26 a week or so ago, nice lil pocket popper.

and its not about the comfort of a small gun, its about being able to hide it so the lil old lady at the store dont see it and call the cops about a guy with a gun. the ALWAYS come for that call and usually arent nice about it even when u have a CCW

Exactly, my G27 is just about exactly the same length and height as my old S&W Chiefs Special .38 snubbie and just a little harder to hide but definitely worth it for the additional firepower. A G23 doesn't offer any advantage and frankly I shoot my G27 as well as I did my G23. I can lose my CHP for not keeping my pistol properly concealed so I take that aspect of it very seriously.

Edited by DaGroaner
What do you think? Mainly for self defense purposes.

What are your thoughts on 9x19mm vs .40 S&W?

Can I legally get a magazine bigger than 10 rounds for the G23?

I switched from a G23 to a G27 and am much happier. I use a Pearce +1 fingergrip floorplate on the favtory 9-round mag and I carry one or two extra G22 mags with +2 floorplates or sometimes another 10 rounder. I shoot the G27 every bit as well as I did the G23 and it's a dream to CCW. I put nightsights on mine and also have an internal Lasermax laser sight as a backup sighting system. It is the sweetest pistol I have ever owned bar none.

Hello, DaGroaner

I have a G-36 set up almost identically to yours, with factory night sights and the LaserMax internal system. Just a single-stack 6+1, but at least it's .45 ACP, my all-time favorite handgun round.

I got it for my wife for her CC weapon, but she never quit whining about the recoil, so I "grudgingly" adopted the wayward little piece...It's a great CCW gun.

Very instinctive natural point. With the LaserMax, no special holster required, nothing to hang-up on.

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

I carry my Glock 23 every single day. It is not at all uncomfortable, especially if you use a good quality holster and belt. If you buy the cheap stuff any gun can be a pain in the butt. The 27 is a good bit smaller, and is easier to hide. However, with the smaller size comes the problems with a small gun. The recoil is different, it is more difficult to shoot thanks to the shorter sight radius, and I personally cannot stand not being able to get all of my fingers onto the grip.

I tell everyone that the Glock 23 is the best gun for concealed carry. It is small enough to easily carry and conceal, yet large enough to function well as a combat pistol. Get one and you won't be disappointed. Visit www.ubgholsters.com after you buy it, get a belt and a Striker or Canute, and you'll be all set.