good / bad/ect. ?

planning on ordering one of these for my 20 . Im planning on putting a laser on the side and a red dot on the top. Anyone know if this set up is good to go? will this mount put the red dot over the centerline of the barrel or off to the side? If you have ever been wild hog hunting in the river bottom you would know why I want all this stuff :)

post-5078-1173652840_thumb.jpg

Will,

I have never been hog hunting at the river bottom, but I was considering this scope mount as well. The only thing I was concerned about was getting it on and off easily. There are three screws to hold it on instead of the quick release lever. I will be keeping an eye on this thread as well. I know someone out there had to have used this mount before! :up:

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner, Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote

Will,

I have never been hog hunting at the river bottom, but I was considering this scope mount as well. The only thing I was concerned about was getting it on and off easily. There are three screws to hold it on instead of the quick release lever. I will be keeping an eye on this thread as well. I know someone out there had to have used this mount before! :up:

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner, Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote

well there are cane thickets acres deep. ticks, snakes ect. most of the time the dogs run in and you have to load there tired ass up on the four wheeler to come home. when a 200 pound boar charges you and its your ass or his. What a rush and you want your shit to work 100% of the time. surely someone has one of these mounts.

I have a similar mount using the three screws. It will stay tight if you Locktite it. Mine is a low mount and it works well. The only problem with mine is that you cant get the cover off for cleaning. I have a 2 and 1/2 power shotgun scope with 5 in eye relief that gives a good cheek weld. For fast close action I think Id just use the iron sights. Dont want a scope in the way.

I really prefer the Belarus. The quick release lever makes it much easier and locks in place. It's held a zero perfectly on my S20 and S12. From my understanding the screw downs just aren't quite as secure. I've not tried them, but I give two thumbs up to the Belarus.

I really prefer the Belarus. The quick release lever makes it much easier and locks in place. It's held a zero perfectly on my S20 and S12. From my understanding the screw downs just aren't quite as secure. I've not tried them, but I give two thumbs up to the Belarus.

well I might try that ,but i have a hook up on a current mil. spec red dot. and I need a laser mount.

Yup, just as I suspected. I wish I could find Belarus type mount with a quick release lever AND the two rails.

The hunt continues.......... :ph34r:

How about the picatinny rails mounted on the dust cover........like this?

I see that Tony has one like this on his personal 12 so I am thinking it must be the bee's knees.

Anybody use this set up?

post-4575-1173816680.jpg

Will,

When are you going to post a pic of your new shottie? :D

Its time to wake up this dead forum B)

Im really only starting with it. It looks like a black boat oar now. I have to cut that puppy down. I have 4 mags on the way so ill be a mag cutting fool soon. Im thinking about going the ak rsb /fsb way. have mig and plasma cutter will play :)

post-5078-1173836436_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...