I received this E-mail in response to my article on the RKBA

I just got this E-mail, titled "In BattleRifle's name: $50 donation made to the Brady Center"

Dear BattleRifle,

I came across one of your postings on GunandGame while browsing reactions to the March 9 Federal Appeals Court decision finding Washington, DC's gun ban unconstitutional.

Obviously it wasn't one of your more well-researched postings, but a blind rant against Nazi Germany and "Stalinistic Russia". It reminded me how many anti-gun control advocates are low self-esteem videogame and movie junkies. I promptly made a US$50 donation to the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

I hope that you've come around and given up your childish attachment to guns since that posting. Maybe you've started weight-training like me. A muscular build is a superior substitute for guns.

If you have not come around, know that your rant put a few more resources into efforts to regulate guns in this country.

***Name changed to protect the ignorant***

I am open to suggestions on how to respond, or not. I have no interest in getting into a flame war that people participate in recreationally.

Ideas I've had:

1.) Concisely point out the fallacies in his statements about me in a reply, which would be my last.

2.) Reply that I'm sending $100 total to one or more pro-gun associations.

3.) Remove my E-mail address from public view and tell people to contact me through private messages instead for permission to use and information to cite the article.

4.) Try to track down and remove my screenname from any record of his donation to the Brady Campaign.

Here is my weblog with two articles on the subject.

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/blogs/vie...g.php?userid=32

Wow, dude. I'm not sure how to proceed on this one. Sounds like he's going "The Internet Tough-Guy" route, what with the whole weight-lefting thing. The self-respecting Y-Chromosome in me says you gotta keep your pimp-hand strong, and smack dat biatch. The other part of me follows the old adage of 'Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded." It's a pickle, I tell ya!

Edited by greatmoose

BRG3,

Let it go. I think this is an instance where you just have to accept the consequences of making your opinions public. That guy was just looking for an excuse to 1) rile up a law abiding gun owner and 2) give his money to the Brady Campaign. If not you he was going to find some reason to do it.

Besides, look at how naive this person is when it comes to self-defense. Anyone who considers a muscular build to be superior substitute for guns has never been in a gunfight...or probably even a fistfight. Big muscles are absolutely useless without the proper training and conditioning to actually use them in a fight. But now that I think about it...that statement really makes me laugh!

"A muscular build is a superior substitute for guns."

-Anonymous gun control advocate

Hell I might start printing and selling bumper stickers with that ridiculous statement and donating the proceeds to GOA and NRA.....hmmmmm.

The Smart Ass side of me [my birth sign is Feces, cause I don't give a s--- about

insufferable jerks] is to don my best taffeta bonnet and respond with COMPLETE

and TOTAL agreement on the sphincter's comments and sign off with this P.S.

"Your proctologist called and they found your head"

Considering the message and style of that memo indicates someone who

a) has no balls

B) is way too much into his feminine side

c) gets regular calls from his proctologist about his missing head

I would respond clearly, firmly and with respect. Be brief. Do not buy into his rant.

do not give away your indignation foolishly.

When I meet folks like the one who emailed you, I mark a red X on my calendar. After

20, I go to the range. I drop my entrance fee and about 100 - 200 rounds of ammo and

come home smelling of gunpowder and Hoppe's #9.

It's a good life

just be wary if those you are talking to lost their heads.

Griz

Besides, look at how naive this person is when it comes to self-defense. Anyone who considers a muscular build to be superior substitute for guns has never been in a gunfight...or probably even a fistfight. Big muscles are absolutely useless without the proper training and conditioning to actually use them in a fight. But now that I think about it...that statement really makes me laugh!

Hell I might start printing and selling bumper stickers with that ridiculous statement and donating the proceeds to GOA and NRA.....hmmmmm.

Yep, all that extra muscle = extra fluid & tissue, which just means better bullet expansion.

I have to agree that this brainless twit isn't worthy of a response.

That will bother him more than anything else.

Ask him to prove that to you on videotape. You'll kill two birds with one stone by not only proving the argument is false, but also proving the theory of natural selection still works from time to time.

Ignore him.

Mrs. Brady:

We are on different sides on the 2nd ammendment. but please here me out.

Can we agree that we still live in a country that values fair play .

(insert story of troll).

If this person has made a contributiun to you'r campaign,in my name. I assert that it was made under less than honorable circumstances.

You. being an honorable person. I am shure you will return the tainted money.

Send return recipt. If no reply-then send it to everyone on E-mail. You tube?

I'd be tempted to go with your options #3 and/or #4, otherwise ignore the bastard as the one thing he obviously wants is attention.

He says you have low self esteem and are childish, well, I'm all for fitness, but body building isnt known for being the hobby of self assured, self actualized, well developed adults. Fuck him.

Anyone here whom I've offended by that statement has my apologies.

ROFLMAO

Wow, the democrats really will fix all our problems. With a witty quip and a donation that my tax dollars allowed them to give...niccccceeeeeee.

Let him throw his money away, he'll be that much closer to being another poor democrat bitching about all his problems, but not having enough self-respect to fix the problem himself.

I'd be tempted to go with your options #3 and/or #4, otherwise ignore the bastard as the one thing he obviously wants is attention.

He says you have low self esteem and are childish, well, I'm all for fitness, but body building isnt known for being the hobby of self assured, self actualized, well developed adults. Fuck him.

Anyone here whom I've offended by that statement has my apologies.

yup

buddy of mine when i was a kid got all into body building, really really ripped, down to like 3% body fat, competed in powerlifting and won frequently, quite a physical specimen....at 5'2".....he was insecure and body building was something he was good at, and got him some attention for something other than being the little guy.....

not saying they are all like that, but the one i knew sure was.....

You know, maybe we are passing up a unique opportunity to see how the other side thinks.

BRG3, maybe you could ask the guy why he thinks guns are so bad or how many gun owners he actually knows. Most of the gun owners I know don't really spend a lot of time playing video games because...well, they're outdoors shooting or hunting.

A lot of things you said on that post were factual so I'm not sure why he would think you were just "ranting". Basically, I'd like to know what facts he actually knows.

Like does he know that the violent crime rate in FL has dropped since they went to a 'Shall Issue" state? Or that D.C. and my own state of NJ have some of the highest crime rates in the nation despite having the most restrictive gun laws? I think Camden, NJ (where my wife works) was voted the #1 most dangerous city in America...again.

But the #1 question I really want to know from gun control advocates is how is any new law going to physically stop a criminal or lunatic at the time of the crime? If only a single other person had been armed (other than the deranged killer) then less people may have died.

As I see it these gun control advocates are aiding and abetting violent criminals.

Oh and I really love it when they bring up the "public safety" aspect because I love pointing out that cars (and I recently learned bathtubs) are more fatal than guns.